PDA

View Full Version : E-MR1 sights and barrells

fezinator
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey im new, and i was just wondering if anyone knew any sort of way to put m16 front AND rear sights on an e-mr1 ..... And i was wondering what sort of barrel i should get... from reading previous threads, i understand that i should get a 16 inch barrel cuz anthing more is a waste of air?.. (for running around and 'sniping'?) , but i was wondering if it would be worth the extra little bit to spend on a rifled barrel?

anyway, sorry for the stupid questions (im new)

Hossy
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the forums! Check out the Ultimate Resource Thread in my sig, it will give you alot of information on your marker.
Rifled barrels dont work in paintball. the ball rolls down the barrel, unlike a real bullet.

16 Inches is a good barrel. Id suggest anything from 12-16 inches, nothing more. Id suggest looking at Rap4 and Trinity stuff if your looking for making your gun more MilSim, they are very good companies with quality stuff!

Zee
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
I would recommend getting a good barrel (All American, Freak, J&J) whichever you prefer and then getting the M16 sight alone. I have an M16 barrel with the shroud and all and it shoots brutal. I thought the same thing as you when I first got my MR1...wanting to make it look like an M4 or M16. Without some modding...it wont look right. Get a good traditional barrel and add a sight and some other toys. Just my 2 cents.

irishwarrior
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
:yeahthat: The MR series doesn't pull off the M4 look very well without some intense modding.

Zee
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
It just doesnt look right....especially the barrel. It sits like a half inch too high so its not in line with the rest of the marker. IMO modding to a Thompson SM would look wicked. I havent seen one yet although I'm sure someones done it. I wonder if someone makes a Tommy barrel shroud?

fezinator
07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys, 'preciate it... as for what you guys were sayin about milsim looks? the look really doesnt matter to me, ive just always liked the feel of m16 sights.... i dunno why, but i just have... but i was just thinkin about the short rail for the rear sights? i was just wondering if anyone knew of maybe a shortened version of the handle? or maybe even without the handle and just the raised peep sights? andyway, thanks guys

irishwarrior
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
RAP4 has the peep sight. Also if you switch the velocity adjuster pin and the cocking knob and push it all the way down you can utilize the entire rail and possibly be able to use a carry handle.

fezinator
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
okay thanks:) ill go take a look at it right now.... and i just bought the new barrel

Zee
07-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Flip up iron sights would be cool with an M16 front sight. Ebay my friend....Ebay...

slim and shady
07-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Ebay is a good place to get alot of different gear. I get alot of my equiptment from there or the BST sections of variouse groups.