PDA

View Full Version : Just some more questions for ya guys.

badlandsrox
07-06-2008, 10:07 PM
K, so as some of you that read the b/s/t threads may know, im interested in buying an xbox 360. Now I have gone through many online reviews of them, but they all seem to be biased towards one of the next gen systems. My question to you guys, is what a 360 is really like, as in Online play, standard gameplay, graphics, ease of use, etc. I already have a PS3, so how do they compare? (Major reason i'm thinking about getting a PS3 is because almost everybody I know has one, and they all play online together, but I cannot, since I have a ps3).

Also, not to be a PITA, but I have another totally unrelated question.
My plan is to buy a 360, or get into kitesurfing, Has anyone tried it? is it fun? how does it compare to wakeboarding and slaloming etc?

Ace24
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Your PS3 is a more powerful system. The problem is, with that power, comes difficulty for the developers. They have to format everything onto a blu-ray disk and it is more expensive than to run it off a standard HD DVD disk. Therefore, the PS3 has a lack of games. The system is also more expensive, making it so that the casual gamer tends to go in the other direction. The PS3 requires individual hosts in order to download content from online. This keeps SONY's servers open, but slows down your download speed due to the fact that not everyone in the world has T3. They run off a shareware type downloader. The PS3 has higher graphical capabilities than the 360 does, but to truly use all the power the PS3 has, a gaming development company would have to invest too much. I can keep going on the PS3, but I'm too tired.

The 360 is the system that has all... I say this because pretty much every 3rd party game that comes out on the Wii or PS3, also shows up on the 360. The 360 has XBox Live. For the cheap fee of $50 a year, you get top of the line service and fast download speeds. There are no cheaters online and because of the fee, they're able to spend more time on eliminating hackers/glitchers to keep gameplay fair and the way it should be. The 360 has very good processing and graphical capabilities and is a system that should not be overlooked. Xbox thrives on it's XBL. As with the PS3, I could continue, but I'm too tired.

Both are great systems. Both will join my collection eventually, but until then, I'm happy with my Wii. Out of the two, though, I'd go for the 360 first. Mainly because of how many people play online in comparison to the PS3 and because all of the games I want, are on the system. Yes, they are also (most) on the PS3, but the 360 is a cheaper and easier to get a hold of system.

I'm waiting for Marv to correct me on some things and add further insight, until then, that's my input.

irishwarrior
07-07-2008, 05:11 AM
^ That was quite possibly the most accurate, least-biased comparison I have heard in a very long time.

Ace24
07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I tend to write better and think better when I'm buzzed or tired. Heh.

Hazmat13
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
wow ace, that was undeniably the best review written. You addressed everything...But get some sleep buddy, it may be good for us, but it aint good for you ;)