PDA

View Full Version : screw set.

johnnyblast
02-28-2006, 11:24 AM
i need to know the screw size to fit my dropforward. i added cp dropforward and of course original spyder screw was way too long. i went to homedepot but they didnt have anything shorter with same size so i end up getting screws that were little bit thinner and use some teflon tape to hold it tight. is anyone else having this issue??? i dont know if i should cut the original spyder screw. let me know guys.

bigred76
02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Just get some more of the same size you already have and cut them down with a cutting disk and a Dremel. Be sure to keep a set of the original size just in case you need to go back to the original duckbill.

NB_Hacker_NB
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I had this problem also. RUBBER SPACERS ROCK SOX

ooglieboogliebob
02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
haha .. depends how long the screw is though .. i usually put a nut in the screw and then grind it down .. or hack it .. and then unscrew the nut in order to thread the screw again .. and use a file to sand down sharp edges ...

johnnyblast
07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
anyone has extra original spyder set screw?? i'll pay for shipping. PLEASE HELP~!!!

druid
07-06-2006, 07:36 PM
just take the board out...run the screws into the frame and nut - and mark it off with a sharpie...cut it off as said above....

johnnyblast
07-07-2006, 08:57 AM
actually, i lost one. after cleaning my marker i couldnt find it. if anyone has extra to donate or sell, please let me know. i went to homedepot and they dont have the same size screw. i need the original set screw that comes with the marker.