PDA

View Full Version : where the heck can i get hpa

calebh
07-05-2008, 01:57 PM
so now that i'm actually home for the summer, i've discovered that the few places to get hpa in the area have closed. the nearest shop is now 45 minutes away, and they only fill co2. i don't even want to think about having to drive any more than that... and i think the nearest real field is 1 1/2 hours away. i now hate east texas more than ever. and i'm in a predicament.

i NEED hpa, and both of my tanks are completely empty. where on earth can i get some without having to drive all the way to dallas?

deano 177
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
You can try a welding supply shop. They should have nitrogen there and may be able to "hook you up". If you Know someone in the fire department, they may have a compressor at the fire house. It may not get you all the way up to 4500 psi but 3K is better than nothing. You could also find a local dive shop.

XSiv Force
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
scuba shop has it sometimes

battlechaser
07-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Best Idea is to buy a Scuba tank and fill station on your own, then you can take it to any scuba shop for a fill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoqyWUweE4

XSiv Force
07-05-2008, 05:12 PM
yep that is always an option

DRAGON
07-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Since there are no other places close to get HPA/N2, you might consider renting a large tank and selling fills to your friends. From the sounds of it you'd have a monopoly -

Either that or move closer to Dallas or start using a/s C02 - ;)

calebh
07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
buying a scuba tank, or one of those big tanks, would be wasteful, and i have no idea where the nearest scuba shop is anyway. i live in new orleans 8 months of the year, where hpa is far more abundant. and for the most part, i've switched over to my phantom, so i don't need hpa for normal play. if i lived here year round, i'd probably go for it.

but i just need to work on my spimmy, and 12gs won't work for that. lol

fire dept here is all volunteer, so i'll be lucky if i catch someone there. but since this is middle of nowhere, there are lots of welders... i bet i could find someone. i didn't even think about that. thanks

deano 177
07-06-2008, 03:48 AM
and i have no idea where the nearest scuba shop is anyway.
Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Dive+shops+in+east+texas&btnG=Google+Search) is your friend....

battlechaser
07-06-2008, 05:59 AM
buying a scuba tank, or one of those big tanks, would be wasteful, and i have no idea where the nearest scuba shop is anyway. i live in new orleans 8 months of the year, where hpa is far more abundant. and for the most part, i've switched over to my phantom, so i don't need hpa for normal play. if i lived here year round, i'd probably go for it.

but i just need to work on my spimmy, and 12gs won't work for that. lol

fire dept here is all volunteer, so i'll be lucky if i catch someone there. but since this is middle of nowhere, there are lots of welders... i bet i could find someone. i didn't even think about that. thanks

The only expensive part of getting a scuba fill station is the tank itself, to fill it is about $5, and it lasts for 5-6 fills (unless you get multiple tanks and use a cascading fill style).

I just googled East Texas Scuba, here are some of the links.

http://www.divetex.com/
http://www.scubastevesadventures.com/ - (Cmon... if I lived near a place called Scuba Steve's I'd make excuses to go there.. ;))

calebh
07-06-2008, 06:50 AM
both of those are 1 1/2 hours away, and going by google maps, those are the closest. lol

but i'll actually be in tyler for the next couple of days, but i'll be taking the MSF course all day. if i get a chance, i'll check it out. there's supposed to be a paintball shop there, too. maybe they fill hpa. and maybe i'll manage to get there.

Hitman08
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
since you live in east Texas the place to go is Longview paintball on Eastman rd
or a scuba shop there are 2 in Tyler You might Call Gander mountain in Tyler they might can fill it or better yet buy a Fill Station and go to a welding supply store and rent a Nitrogen Tank same as Compressed air then you can charge $ for fills to other players thats what i did with Co2

Muddytaco
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Just so you know welding supply shops have compressed air you wouldn't have to use nitrogen. Most will make you rent a tank of atleast make a deposit, best bet is to just use the phantom and 12 grams since you already own one.

calebh
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
arg i just spent two days in tyler. my brother was in charge of finding a place to fill the tanks while i was busy all day... he took it to a welding shop, and they took them overnight to get them filled somewhere, but something happened and they didn't get filled... he also went to a scuba shop and they said they didn't fill paintball cylinders.

i'll see about calling local welders and people...

best bet is to just use the phantom and 12 grams since you already own one.but i need the hpa to work on other markers

GTI Man
07-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Try a fire station. They use SCBA tanks that get filled to 3200 psi. You will probably have to come up with the adapters to fill your tanks.

If they don't fill their own tanks, they at least can tell you where to get a fill.

calebh
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
problem solved. one of my friends is driving to garland today, and while he's there, we're both getting tanks filled. lol

2 hour drive to the nearest paintball store with hpa... i hate east texas