PDA

View Full Version : project LP!!!!

johnnyblast
02-28-2006, 12:14 PM
i saved up good amount of money to start my LP project. i know i have tons of stuff to get before i can say im done with my gun. here is list of stuff i already have.
-----------------------------
12" all american
CP drop
CP on/off ASA
ACS Aluminum Bolt
sweetspot trigger
and trinity feedneck, sticky grip, macroline, and cp grip.

here is list of stuff i am planning to get
-------------------------
maddmann rocket valve
cp regulator
Rocket Pressure Chamber (is there black color for this??)
Maddmann Stainless Steel Spring kit
Scenario Dreams Breakbeam eyes
Scenario Dreams Spyder T-Board
anything else?? let me know guys.

johnnyblast
02-28-2006, 12:34 PM
if "my wish list" isnt the best please let me know which one i should get. thanks guys

shunut
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Only changes I would make is get a Delrin bolt and also look into a different striker like the DH Titanium or IPS Nightstriker XL.

bigred76
02-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I wouldnt get the LP Chamber....Doesn't do much for your marker. Be sure to polish whatever internal parts you get!

amaro321
02-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Whats a striker?!?!?

bigred76
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
The thing in the bottom tube of your marker that "strikes" the valve and causes it to open.

ad0131065
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Don't forget that you will also need a high flowing V/A, like the CIP assault block or drill out your stock one.

ooglieboogliebob
02-28-2006, 04:47 PM
hmm .. also get a 32 degrees spring kit .. they're better IMO.
Highflowing v/a as the Assault block or Trinity .. as ad0 said.
Ur gonna need ur gun milled for eyes .. or else .. they're useless
Also your gonna need eye covers

johnnyblast
02-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Only changes I would make is get a Delrin bolt and also look into a different striker like the DH Titanium or IPS Nightstriker XL.

i got the acs aluminum bolt for $15. brand new includding shipping and i'm loving it and i never had any problems with it. do i need to change the bolt if i go LP?? i'm going to change the striker for sure... thinking of getting nightstriker XL.

ooglieboogliebob
02-28-2006, 06:25 PM
haha nice, remember to wear in the ACS bolt though :) .. or else it'll work normal like any other bolt ...

shunut
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
i got the acs aluminum bolt for $15. brand new includding shipping and i'm loving it and i never had any problems with it. do i need to change the bolt if i go LP?? i'm going to change the striker for sure... thinking of getting nightstriker XL.

You don't have to change your bolt, but a Delrin bolt will be lighter.

johnnyblast
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
my new "wish list"
-------------------------
maddmann rocket valve
cp regulator
CIP assualt block
32 degrees spring kit
IPS Nightstriker XL
Delrin bolt (if my aluminum bolt doesnt feel right)
Scenario Dreams Breakbeam eyes
Scenario Dreams Spyder T-Board
Intimidator Eye Covers (Racing Lady or $)
----------------------------------
i think thats about it... most of stuff that im getting is easy to install but i might need help with eyes. i saw someone was doing the service for some amount of fee... i'll look around the forum. this project is going to cost me around $300!!!!! wow... also so i need to get new ball detents?? let me know guys.

DFSniper
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
yeah, $300 is about average, i think. as for the detents, youll need stock intimidator ones for the eye covers

ooglieboogliebob
03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
yep, but i dunno if you'd wanta go that far ... just do the plug and play method .. unless you have a lot of spare time, going to work hard on it, and your also going to have to have a lot of money

johnnyblast
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
yes indeed! $300 is not something i can make within a day. i saved up about $150 and i was hoping i can do full upgrade without spending more then $250. if you guys can tell me where i can buy parts for cheap please inform me!!! i looked around ebay and couldnt find much.

ooglieboogliebob
03-01-2006, 07:34 PM
do you have an electro hopper yet .. reloader b, halo b, eggy w/ z-board ... if your gonna get the t-board .. your gonna need one of these 3 .. best to least. Try PBN .. i have found a lot of good deals ... just watch out for feedback

johnnyblast
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
i have VL Revolution without xboard. my friend said he might have extra xboard somewhere in his room a.k.a jungle so he'll take his time to look for it.

ooglieboogliebob
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
well .. just for you here's the x-board (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1792). Just make an offer there ... only if your friend can't find it though ...

johnnyblast
03-02-2006, 04:43 PM
if there was some kind of "chip" that has on and off switch that came along with VL Revolution... that is x-board right??? if that is the x-board, i am an idiot!!! my friend gave me his revolution with x-board but i had to change the shell... and i forgot to put back the x-board!!! till today, i kept telling him to look for my missing x-board in his room. sweet.

Hob Hayward
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM

No need to swap out bolts, the acs bolt doesn't have a venturi, so its high flowing. You can check out otters site, hes got in his bolt list under Project LP, telling how well it works.

johnnyblast
03-06-2006, 03:05 PM
great news!!! i was kinda short on $$ but thanks to my tax return!! i have ordered my "wish items" last week. today i got my maddman rocket valve and DH Titanium Hammer but do i need to polish the striker when its brand new??

ooglieboogliebob
03-06-2006, 03:37 PM
you can .. but i personally wouldn't .. just lube it well and then put it in your gun and play :)

johnnyblast
03-06-2006, 03:47 PM
can anyone with maddman rocket valve show me how their valve is setup??? i'm not really sure how far i should turn the srp. dont want to go too far...

druid
03-06-2006, 08:56 PM
ACS bolts don't work well with LP set ups.....ask bomberpilot07......he'll tell ya

check out the "sunbear" bolt made by (username) EAGLELOX on this forum, send him a PM.....

Hob Hayward
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
My LP setup is workin great with a delrin ACS bolt, I wouldn't change it, if I were you. And If your at all comfortable with a drill, some of the parts are not neccisary, like the cip assault block, I'm only 16 but I made the stock VA high flowing, and drilled and tapped for a gauge that I installed, of course, I enjoy doing the work myslef, makes you feel even better about your gun, cuz you did the mods, not just bought a bunch of stuff and stuck it in there. And I wouldn't neccissarily buy all this at once, like if you've got the ACS, you don't really need the t-board right now, I'd say get your lp setup going
then get at-board etc. beacuase also, do you even acctually need to lay down more than 13 bps?

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
hmm.. hey Hob, your gun really isn't considered a great LP setup at 500psi ... need to low it down to about 300 psi .. and even lower ... Have you considered on getting more items ?? .. what is your setup ??

the derlin bolt isn't great for it though .. as druid said ... maybe the aka lightning bolt or the tigershark bolt.

johnnyblast
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
does aka lightning bolt fit on imagine? because imagine is side-cocking and lightning bolt is for rear cocking guns only... not sure

Hob Hayward
03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
hmm.. hey Hob, your gun really isn't considered a great LP setup at 500psi ... need to low it down to about 300 psi .. and even lower ... Have you considered on getting more items ?? .. what is your setup ??

the derlin bolt isn't great for it though .. as druid said ... maybe the aka lightning bolt or the tigershark bolt.

It's at 400 psi now, I dunno where you got the idea it was 500 psi... I'll be getting it down more once I fiddle with my springs, this was just what I got with the first two springs I put into it.. Plus I'm getting a nightstriker xl or a DH titanium hammer.

johnny, you could probably mod it to side cock if you want, but it'd probably be easier to try another.

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
eh sorry about that ... im sorta tired .. hmm.. what up's do you have on the gun so far ??

johnnyblast
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
almost ready!!!
maddman rocket valve
cp regulator
CIP assualt block
32 degrees spring kit (backorder)
DH Titanium striker
holding off on t-board and eye... bolt, im still thinking about it. my tank is empty so i cant even test it.

Hob Hayward
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
eh sorry about that ... i'm sorta tired .. hmm.. what up's do you have on the gun so far ??

Um just look in the other forum about the hpa tank.