PDA

View Full Version : MR2 W/eye battery drain?

slim and shady
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Has anyone else with the MR2 noticed that it is extreamly hard on a battery? everytime i pick it up the battery is right dead even if it was charged a few days ago (And not used) Why does it drain the battery? Does anyone else have this problem?
It is extramly importent to that I note that I have the virtue board in it not the stock board. More of a board problem then an MR2 problem but has anyone else experienced these issues?

Jungsa
07-05-2008, 12:53 AM
you normaly have the answer here Slim...

slim and shady
07-05-2008, 02:23 AM
LOL I should have had this in a different forum its not realy an MR2 problem but a board problem I may see if Vike can move it to the vetern forum where it could get a little more attention.

sneekypete
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't have that problem. My problem is that when I charge my battery it actually drains it. I use the Spyder E-trigger I got for my MR-1 to charge the battrey. It is not excactly the same as you but still drains the battrey so maybe they are related

slim and shady
07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Im not sure but i would be willing to bet that I would need a few to play a 8 hour scenario. I was hoping someone would know why and save me the trouble of finding out the hard way.

spyder-Mr2
07-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I got mine since christmas and never needed to charge it.
Mabey you need a new battery.

slim and shady
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Tried that LOL thanks for the imput though. (actually tried 2 new ones)

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
This was sent to me and thought i would throw it up if anyone had this problem in the future.

your board might not turn off the eyes.

to see the IR eyes are on

Equipment Needed:

* Infrared Emitting Device: This includes any Remote Control of a TV, a stereo system or any other electronic equipment. The only necessity is that the IR emitting device like the LED should be visible. This includes most remote controls, so you needn’t worry.
* A Camera With A LCD Screen: You can use a video camera, digital camera, camcorder, webcam or any camera that has a LCD Screen.

How To See The Infrared Rays

This is too simple. Now that you have the above equipments, here is what you do.

* Ensure that the camera is in capture mode. i.e. The LCD Screen should show you the surroundings.
* Now point the Remote so that the LED in it is within the range of the camera. Or simply point the camera at the LED in the remote.
* After this, simply press any button on the remote to emit the IR Light.
* When you look through the LCD Screen, you can see the IR Rays as a blue glow at the LED on the Remote Control!

As long as you keep the button pressed, you can see the IR Light. Also, in a dark room it would be more distinct to notice. If you cannot see it in your camera, try using another camera. There was no problem with the Canon Powershot A550 I have and it worked instantly!

now look at your mr2 eyes and see if they are on when your board is "off"

sorry for the e-mail I cant post on this forum or reply

malJohann
07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
This was sent to me and thought i would throw it up if anyone had this problem in the future.

Neat. So was the eyes being on after the board was switched off the problem?

slim and shady
07-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Havnt got a chance to test it yet.

balu
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM

Thank you for clearing up that little problem.:)

keep me posted if it works

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Will do.