PDA

View Full Version : High Rate of Fire recocking trouble

Mitchell-MR1
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Okay I have an MR-1 that came with the mechanical trigger, and I love it. :D With looking to shoot faster I made a few up grades and now I have developed this cocking trouble.:(

Here is a little about the marker. It has an 2.0 rocking trigger and a 18v Fasta hopper to feed it. I have but in a ACP Low-Blow bolt and then I sanded and polished the hammer. I also am running the marker with CO2 on a remote line. I have not changed any of the springs because I was able to get the speed of the balls down to around 300 fps on average. I keep the gun well oiled with gold cup oil because I have spent way to much to let it get trashed.

Here is the problem if I were to keep shooting the marker at a slower pace there is not trouble but when I start walking the trigger at a much higher rate of fire the marker will only shoot 5 - 10 balls before the marker fails to cock completly. The bolt stopes about 1/4 in from compleatly cocked. I can pull it back the rest of the way and then fire again. I am not chopping paint and I have no eyes because the trigger does not need them.

I play with a bunch of guys that have Ions, Shockers, and other that shoot very fast and they laugh at my Spyder. Now that my brother has a VS3 that is very fast and if I can get my MR-1 to work coreclty they will then be quiet :cool:

Thanks for all the help inadvance
Mitchell-MR1

irishwarrior
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, first of all the MR1 isn't meant for high-rates of fire. You might be exhausting it's cyclic rate (the rate at which it can fire, recock and fire again). Other than that, I don't what may be causing it.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums! :D

Mitchell-MR1
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Is there a was to improve the rate by getting a new valve. If that would do it what valve should I get to improve it.

Thanks a lot
Mitchell-MR1

ct_painball_warrior
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
You might want to open up the valves or get new ones that allow a greater volume of air to flow in less time. You might want to regulate that from 300fps to 275fps, better consistency around 270~280fps in my experience. Also the Low Blow bolt consumes about 10% more air than the regular Delran bolt, you might want to use an APEX tip with the tape mod to make it fit your barrel.

Just some thoughts.

Adam

Mitchell-MR1
08-16-2008, 05:41 AM
:D I have FIXED the problem.:D

What I did was switch from the remote line to putting the tank on the gun. What the problem was that the gun was using so much air that by the time the tank could push more air the gun world have allready stop cocking.

I have also tryed it with HPA and CO2. The mods that I have done work well but the CO2 you can not shoot real fast for a real long time or it will freeze up around 180-200 straight shots at a very high rate of fire.

I took the gun out to the field and the guys with the shockers, ions, and cockers were quiet after my brother and I shot the VS3 with Vurture board and my MR-1 both shooting a stream of paint at them and no stoping.:cool:

slim and shady
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
^This is the same problem i beleive I was having with the chief (My MR2) When I used both the marker and the grenade launcher it would exauhst my air supply for a period of time this in turn would make my marker "burp" as if it was out of air.

Master Tech
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
:D I have FIXED the problem.:D
I took the gun out to the field and the guys with the shockers, ions, and cockers were quiet after my brother and I shot the VS3 with Vurture board and my MR-1 both shooting a stream of paint at them and no stoping.:cool:

YEAH!!!:D

Mitchell-MR1
08-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I must have spent a month messing aroung and testing the gun with diffrent set ups to get it to work.

There are only three of us that use Spyders at the field and everyone laughs at us. They say you spent $500 on a $12 marker.

Now they have nothing to say when we open up the spyders and spray the paint in a solid stream with no stopping.