PDA

View Full Version : Barrel size? (bore)

EyeMaster
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what the Barrel size (bore) on the Spyder RS is?

I want to buy the 2 sizes that are missing, so if it's a large barrel, I'd like to get a medium and small. Are there kits that sell a bunch of configurable barrels? Is that what they mean by kit? Would a kit include different barrel lengths as well as bore?

hovel138
07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Im pretty sure its a .690. Most kits come w/ a few backs in different bore sizes, and a few tips for different lengths.

deano 177
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Can anyone tell me what the Barrel size (bore) on the Spyder RS is?

I want to buy the 2 sizes that are missing, so if it's a large barrel, I'd like to get a medium and small. (1) Are there kits that sell a bunch of configurable barrels? (2)Is that what they mean by kit? (3)Would a kit include different barrel lengths as well as bore?

I'm not sure what the bore is... but I would guess .691 or .693... They probably give a large bore for stock barrels.

1. Yes. Look at smartparts freak setup. I have the sly (http://www.slyequipment.com/frontend/proddetail.asp?pn=107-00-xxx-01%20K&co=10000325). It works great.

2. Yes. Kit means that you have different backs for different size balls.

3. Not necessarily. Most of the lower kits only have one front and different backs. This cuts down on the cost. Some kits do come with different lengths like the j&j edge elite (http://jjperformance.com/edgeelite.html) kit comes with three different fronts.

EyeMaster
07-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Ok, so I've checked the kits online. Thanks for the replies.

This may come from my lack of knowledge on paintball markers and such, but I have a concern.

The point of barrel size is to have one that matches the paint you're shooting. In the kits that are 2 piece, you have the front and the back. This means that the barrel bore size only matches the paint size on the first 1/2 of the barrel travel, so what's the point really? Shouldn't the bore size match the paint all the way through?

Is my stock barrel like that as well, where only 1/2 is one size and the ported part is bigger?

spyderfan4271
07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
A 14 inch is no more accurate the a 10 inch barrel. Having it be a perfect match all the way thru would result in more drag decreasing range. When looking down field with a center feed marker I have always felt it easier to aim with a longer barrel. Longer barrels can be forced into the side of air bunkers leaving less hopper and marker exsposed as a tarket. With barrel kits the back portion establishes the accuracy the tip is bored larger so not too alter it.

EyeMaster
07-04-2008, 08:57 AM
...With barrel kits the back portion establishes the accuracy the tip is bored larger so not too alter it.

Interesting...

I thought the paintball had to match the whole length of the barrel or air would go around it, causing it to lose accuracy.

spyderfan4271
07-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I have a friend that is a tippmann fan that swears a lapco 10 inch is just as accurate as anything and thinks you loose range with longer barrels. I guess it makes sense otherwise why wouldn't pros just carry different diameter 1pc. barrels. They could pretty much match most paint by having a .687, .689, .691 barrels, but they don't. Some of the larger barrel kits will have a extra tip so you can have a different overall length. I haven't seen a kit with different diameter tips, usually .693 so even old odd shaped paint with flat spots will gu thru it.

kramernator
07-05-2008, 07:58 AM
well yeah, have you ever tried shooting with only the back end of the barrel on? it doesn't make much difference, i mean weather the front is on or not.

and yes, i believe that having a longer barrel makes the ball slower, therefore you need to use more air to make it go the desired speed.