PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my mother.

Ace24
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Pray for my mom. She's in the hospital right now...

Apparently, around 6pm today, she lost the ability to think or do things clearly. She doesn't remember blacking out or anything, but she kept seeing bright lights, couldn't walk or function correctly, couldn't speak right and couldn't do simple things, like dial my dad on speed dial.

It scared me when I got home and she told me, so I'm praying for her. I hope she's ok. :(

slim and shady
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
It goes without saying I wish her a fast and speedy recovery, she will be in my prayers this night. I hope everything finds its way back to normal swiftly.

Ace24
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you.

It's sad when something like this happens... Scares the hell out of me. If I lost her tonight, there are so many things I would want her to know before she goes. Like how much I love her, how much she means to me, and how sorry I am for being such a screw up.

Ugh... I really want her to come home. After this, I don't think there will be a day when I don't tell her I love her. :cry:

slim and shady
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Im sure everything will be fine, times like this can be trying to a persons guilt and fears. It is alot worse the closer the person is to you as well, I know what you are going through and I sympothise compleatly with your situation. If there is anything you need or that i can do just shot me a PM and let me know. Best of luck.

VS3 Sniper
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
She is in my prayers Ted.

DFSniper
07-02-2008, 02:12 AM
in mine too.

irishwarrior
07-02-2008, 04:11 AM
Same.

battlechaser
07-02-2008, 04:35 AM
I'll be thinking about her.

MR2 Woodsballer
07-02-2008, 06:00 AM
so sorry to hear this man, my mom said those are all symptoms of a stroke. I'll keep her in my prayrs.

slim and shady
07-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Just woundering if you heard anything Ted, if so i hope that it was all good news. Thoughts and prayers are still with you and yours.

shunut
07-02-2008, 08:04 AM
so sorry to hear this man, my mom said those are all symptoms of a stroke. I'll keep her in my prayrs.

Yep, sounds like classic symptoms of a stroke. I've taken care of lots of patients who have had strokes and generally, as long as its taken care of right away, the outcome is good.

She'll be in my thoughts.

SpyderMan723
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM

first thing that came to my mind...

sorry to hear about that,ted.:( With all these great guys praying for her, she'll be fine for sure.

cyberthrasher_706
07-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Just stay positive Brother. If she's got good care, I'm sure she'll be fine. We're all pushing for her.

I remember when my mom had a cancer scare. I didn't really have anyone around to comfort me and I lost it, just couldn't handle it at all. Let us know how you're doing.

Ace24
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I couldn't sleep last night. I was up till 6 this morning until I got the courage to call my dad and ask what was up. She's still in the hospital and they're still doing tests, but they feel it was a minor stroke.

She's starting to get back into her old self again and making jokes and laughing... so (I don't know if the medication they have her on is doing anything or not) she should be home late tonight.

Thank you all for praying for her and keeping her in your thoughts... it means a lot.

SpyderMan723
07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I couldn't sleep last night. I was up till 6 this morning until I got the courage to call my dad and ask what was up. She's still in the hospital and they're still doing tests, but they feel it was a minor stroke.

She's starting to get back into her old self again and making jokes and laughing... so (I don't know if the medication they have her on is doing anything or not) she should be home late tonight.

Thank you all for praying for her and keeping her in your thoughts... it means a lot.

glad to hear shes doing better.

Ace24
07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Ohhhh this week keeps getting better and better...

...Rika's ****ing mother is dragging her away to VA for some stupid ****ing family reunion. This is going to ruin July 4th... ruin our 1 year anniversary tomorrow (longest relationship I've ever had... and we're not even going to get to see eachother on that day)

I finally broke down and started crying. Too much **** is happening at once. At least my ****ing car passed inspection.

cyberthrasher_706
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, it's good your mom's doing better. The thing about being young is, you have to except the fact that you don't have control over everything (sometimes you really shouldn't want it). It's good the two of you have made it, and I know it's a special day. Just use the time to plan something extra special for her when she gets back.

irishwarrior
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
You can also give her a call or send her a text on ya'lls anniversary.

SpyderMan723
07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Just use the time to plan something extra special for her when she gets back.

:yeahthat:

Jegger24
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry you're having such a rough week Ted. Hang in there, everyone's pulling for ya'! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers... it's been six months since my grandmother had a substantial stroke and she came back BETTER than she ever was!

Your mom has got a good support team behind her... just keep positive.

:praying::praying::praying::praying:

Ace24
07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks again guys. I'm going to talk to Rika's mother and see if I can't change her mind...

Truth of the matter is that Rika, nor her brother... or even her mother really want to go... it's just that the mother is more concerned in preserving her self image with her side of the family. :sigh: Silly judgmental Asians.

STRIKEFIRST
07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
She's got mine, Ted

One of the guys I'm closer to at work (he's 51 for the record) had a minor stroke...he felt the whole left side go numb couldn't speak and went to the ground not 5 minutes after a 90 minute commute home and now he's back to normal...took him 2 days and he was back at work...the doctors said sometimes it just happens and just watch for symptoms.

He was a little slower than normal and it take a month or so to not notice any difference what so ever.

Piece of cake man...she'll probably be back to normal shortly...just once in awhile read your own thread and remind yourself about how you felt ;)

bigred76
07-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Ted... I was going to IM you, but you aren't online and I'm much too lazy to write a PM right now... I'll make this public bit brief: you got my love and support, whatever ya need man, I'm here. :)

TheDarkShadow
07-03-2008, 05:10 AM
I pray, she gets well soon

The Pumper
07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Keep your head up , Ted. Things will get better.

pbgrandpa
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Stay positive Ted. She will be well and her old self in no time. My prayers are with you and your family.

spyderfan4271
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I will pray for your mother and hope she has a full and speedy recovery and comes home soon.

Ace24
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Good and bad news.

She is home, she is feeling like her old self again and is going to a fourth of July party.

Bad news, she has 3 tumors. Only 1 of which she can remove.

We don't know if it's cancer or not, but she's going in on the 14th to have them remove the tumor in the back of her head. Please keep us in your prayers.

DFSniper
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
wow, that sucks. will do though...

slim and shady
07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Im glad to her that she is home Ted, and at least that bit of stress has a repreive. I will keep her in my prayers.

Ace24
07-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Well... this week sucked.

So, I was suppose to get out of work at 6PM today... that didn't happen. The asshat that was suppose to come in and relieve me, didn't show up. My manager called him and he said he was getting drunk. My manager then told him that he had until 7pm and if he wasn't there that he was fired. Still the guy didn't show.

I also found out that Rika was thrown into the Ocean, down in VA, by her cousin when she can't swim. She lost her glasses and just about drown before someone dragged her out. Her mother didn't even care about the glasses and her father told her not to punch the kid... that he'd take care of it. The reason the mother doesn't care about the glasses is because the father has to foot the bill.
I really wish I was there to stop that idiot... I would have come up behind him when he picked her up and put him in a headlock until he put her down. Ugh.

I got ****ed out of spending the fourth of July with my girlfriends family, my family and launching off the fireworks we got from PA.

I swear. This week has been the most depressing week I've had in forever. I just about broke down and cried when I told my mom how worried I was about her.

The fact that she has 3 tumors... scares me. One is large and they think it's causing the other two to grow. This would mean cancer. We have a very good surgeon that is going to take good care of her. We're blessed to get him. Out of the 1,200 people he operated on in Iraq, there was a 98% survival rate. He said that the cases over there were so much worse then anything over here. It's very comforting knowing how good of a surgeon he really is.

There is an article in the Democrat and Chronicle on him even. Apparently he's Christian too... my mom asked him due to how nicely he was treating her and the way he was relating to her speaking about how shes been praying and has all these people praying for her.

DFSniper
07-05-2008, 09:49 AM
at least theres some good news during all this! and i'll be the first to tell you, sometimes you just have to break down and cry, even if you don't want to. its a natural reaction to pain and i've found that isometimes it helps.

cyberthrasher_706
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Just keep your chin up and a smile on your face. Remember what I said about staying positive, it really does have an effect on medical outcomes. Stress only complicates things.

STRIKEFIRST
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Hang in there man, she needs you as bad as you need her...keep her smiling.

Ace24
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
My mother is going in for surgery at 5 AM so keep us in your prayers.

xsvly-fat
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I'll be praying for you. I hope everything will be alright.

slim and shady
07-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Will do.

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Any word Ted?

DFSniper
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
came home late and missed this thread. how is she doing?

Ace24
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Bad news.

So she went into surgery this morning and I heard nothing from my dad, so I figured everything was all right. I drove to pick up Rika from her summer school class and on the way to the post office with her (she had to do a money order and I had something that needed to be shipped out) my brother texts me, saying that I should call my dad. He said that my dad needs our support.

I tried calling him, but I guess he was either on the phone or had his phone off, because he didn't reply. When I told my brother, he called me and informed me that during the biopsy, they discovered that the three little tumors were really part of one large one and that it was cancerous and they couldn't remove it.

It was a good thing I was at the stop light because I went speechless and started crying. Rika heard it all and was also speechless. We arrived at the post office and ended up crying in each others arms. We're guessing that she's going to have to go through chemo and we're scared for her. My father then called me back and said that we should come up and bring my sister with us... and started crying when we hung up. I've hardly ever heard my father cry and I got really worried.

We got up there and she had just gotten her voice back and was making everyone laugh and cracking jokes. The doctors hadn't told her that after being in 5 hours of surgery they weren't able to do anything with the tumor.

My dad is getting pissed because we don't want her thinking she is sitting there in the hospital recovering from a successful surgery and everything will be fine. Which she probably thinks is true. He is demanding that they tell her tomorrow at 10AM what exactly is going on.

Rika keeps telling me to be strong... but I keep getting more and more depressed. I spent time with her at her house after taking her home and it got my mind off of things, but I keep falling back into this funk when I'm sitting around doing nothing. I've been playing with the airsoft gun I just got in today... and watching TV... but I think I'm going to have to play some games or something.

Please continue praying for us... I've not lost faith and I keep praying for her.

TheDarkShadow
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
wow, I am so sorry to hear that Ted. I will pray for you, your mother, and the rest of your family. Keep your head up and don't lose hope

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm not going to tell you to be strong or anything like that, obviously you are. Just keep your head up and be there for her as much as you can.

Your family is in my thoughts.

-Derek

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Ted,

Your Family is in our prayers as well.

DFSniper
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
ted, did they tell her? i'm assuming so, since you havent been online all day...

Ace24
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, they finally told her... and they're saying it's terminal.

SpyderMan723
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM

:bugeyes:

does cancer run in the family? :(

Ace24
07-15-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't think so... Neither of my grandparents on my fathers side have it... My dad has had cancerous moles removed... but other then that, not that I know of.

STRIKEFIRST
07-15-2008, 08:26 PM
sorry to hear that Ted...We'll be praying.

TheDarkShadow
07-16-2008, 06:23 AM

wow, I... don't know what to say...

florios
07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
sorry to hear all this man stay strong