PDA

View Full Version : Which Parts? - I think this is Important

glenlevy
07-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Hello All,

I used my new MR1 for the first (and only) time a couple of weeks ago (this is my first paintball marker).

I simply took it out of the box, and brought it to the range, it worked great.

BUT, I keep reading and hearing about lubricating (oiling) the gun's parts, like the bolt and things.

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out? My marker came with a small tube of oil (gold cup I think or something like that), and I was curious if someone could let me know exactly which parts of the gun need to be lubricated to keep it firing and working perfectly for many moons to come? What would be a great help if you could possibly list the part #'ers using this chart, as to which parts need to be lubricated?

MR1 Chart:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/mr1.pdf

Thank you in advance,
Glen

Zee
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
The striker and bolt orings are the most important IMO. Also add a drop or 2 in your ASA, screw on the tank and dry fire a few times.

glenlevy
07-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Ok again please pardon my ignorance, by not reading more closely.

In the manual it says:

6.Routine lubrication of the marker does not require disassembly of the marker. Put 3-4 drops of paintball marker oil into the Bottom Line ASA (part #261), screw in your airtank, point the marker in a safe direction and dry fire (no paintballs in the chamber) 5-10 shots. This procedure will circulate oil through the markers internal parts, thus extending the life of the marker.

This totally answers my question, and is actually much easier then i thought it would be :)

Thanks again all,
Glen

glenlevy
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Just the rubber o-rings them selves? thats it? And the few drops in the ASA?

Also I can not find "Bolt O-Ring" in the Manual? Does it go by a different name?

Striker O-Ring: 19A
Bolt O-Ring: ???

irishwarrior
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Just put the lube in the ASA. At least in my experience, if you lube the striker o-ring the o-ring will swell and not fit in the hole. I tore up my o-ring trying to put it back in the hole after lubing it.

cyberthrasher_706
07-01-2008, 01:23 PM
wow, I've never had that problem. That's interesting. Here's the diagram with the parts to oil outlined in green. Don't be afraid of disassembling your marker. I see way to many kids going into the shop to have them do the most basic of repair work because they're to afraid to open it up and learn how it works. Open it, figure it out, then you'll know what's wrong if you have problems.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q30/mkmewes/5L4Y3R/Paintball/OilSpotsDiagram.jpg

Zee
07-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I take out the bolt and striker...one drop of lube per oring and re-assemble. Not saying this is absolutely "correct" but I've had great results. You gotta figure the orings are the largest drag factor soooo lube em.