PDA

View Full Version : Almo City Bolts...Stop chopping???

Spyderassassin
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I played on Saturday and noticed that I was getting quite afew chops. I was wondering if an Almo City Bolt would be a solution for this and if so then which one, the low blow or the standard with 2 or 3 O-rings? My set up is as follows:
MR2 w/o eyes
og bolt
timmy detents(clear sil ones)
B2 reloader
stock barrel
I was useing hpa and shooting marbalizer.

slim and shady
06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
check out my sig it has my experiences with the MR2 bolts I have used in there. Most people prefure the 2 o-ring bolt I would say 95% of them anyway. I have that bolt with no complaints. This should help your problem if it is in part being caused by blowback. At any rate its not a bad investment. With the combination of your good force feed hopper, timmy detents and a 2 o-ring bolt you should be well on your way to redused chops. However Marbs have a very soft shell and that likly could be a large part of your problem. Try a thicker shelled paint. I use Draxxus rec sport and i really like it and works well with the MR2. Hope this helps.

Spyderassassin
06-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Slim. I was reading your experiences that is why I was thinking of getting the bolt. I wanted to make sure it would help with the chopping issue and not add to it. I will probably be ordering the 2 o-ring one. As for the marbs i'll stick to using them in my A5 and will look into getting some differnt paint. Sin tho the Marbs were very accurate and I liked the shiney finish. I was using Stinger but they were dimpled up bad.
Will the alamo bolt have to be broken in before it is installed?

slim and shady
06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Nope there is nothing to break in on them bolts just slip it in.

Spyderassassin
07-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Ok thanks.