PDA

View Full Version : aim problem

dani_boy32
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
hey,im new at paintball and i just wonder how the heck i can aim,because the head mask makes it so hard to.
thx.:o

Ace24
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
There are different techniques... but I find the most effective is to aim down the two sides of the barrel.

What you do is line the tank up with the pit of your shoulder and aim down the two sides of the barrel, seeing past the feedneck.

Some people will tell you to do a spotter shot, then adjust aim, then fire again... but this is only effective if you have a fast shooting gun. If you play pump like I do, you need to be able to aim that first shot and get it on target.

Your best bet is to do what I just mentioned, and take some cans out to the back yard. Practice aiming at them and firing at the can. See how many times you can hit the can as you shoot it around and limit your paintballs. I'd say put 10 paintballs in the hopper and try shooting 5 cans.

Practice makes perfect.

dani_boy32
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Uhm and if i use the mr1 stock??,thats the problem.How i aim with it?

Ace24
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
You can't. You'd have to cut the top rail off the stock and dogleg mod it.

irishwarrior
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Or just get a different stock.

dani_boy32
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
so in a few words ill have to go rambo on eveyone's ass,shootin like hell...

cyberthrasher_706
07-01-2008, 02:04 PM
no, just cut the top of the stock off. Look through the picture threads, everyone who doesn't have an aftermarket stock has done this for the same reason. Just grab a saw and hack away.

irishwarrior
07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
so in a few words ill have to go rambo on eveyone's ass,shootin like hell...

That is what is termed "spray n' prey" it is the noob/agg style of play and is unneeded. Like Ace said, just practice aiming with it and you'll be fine. I personally, always aimed with the tip of the barrel and had pretty good accuracy.

dani_boy32
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
still if i get a diferent stock ill be in the same problem cause the rail wont let me aim.right?

and damn,the original stock looks cool and it will hurt if i cut the top rail off.

irishwarrior
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
No, some stocks fit in the velocity adjuster spot and tilt down. Look in the MR2 forum they had a MR2 Upgrade Parts thread. Look at the JCS stocks I think. Personally, I like the voodoo.

cyberthrasher_706
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Here's mine with the JCS Voodoo, bottom of the page. I love it
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13730&page=23 (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13730&page=23)

slim and shady
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM
lots of the stocks are set at a downward angle like the SAW stock, MR series adjustble stock ect. all these releive the mask in the way problem but to make it comferitable aiming down the barrel you should still get a riser rail and mount the sight on top of that(if you use an aftermarket sight).

jbrown84
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Hate to break all of these pipe dreams, but uh...none of these mods will make a marker aim better. There is no guaranteed AIM cure all. once your round leaves the barrel it is at the mercy of the environment you are in. (Windy, Humid, Hot, Cold, what have you). Trust me, All of the mods make the marker look amazing, but does nothing for "Aim".

The only close resolution would be to "practice" before entering the field.(as someone mentioned before) Most fields have a "Chrono" range where you can take a few test shots or a little bit of aiming practice before each round. I normally sit out the first 2 rounds of play just so I can get re-familiarized with my marker.

I use an MR1 as well as an old Shutter. I have added Red Dot sites to both, and nothing has changed the accuracy of the aim. (even used a hammerhead barrel, worked great for about a minute, then humidity set in, the barrel became worthless)

Enjoy.
http://www.txvenom.com/AdBnr.png

cyberthrasher_706
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
yeah, but he wasn't asking about accuracy like you're describing. He was asking about the ability to aim down the gun, which is greatly diminished by the stock on the mr-1. I don't care how much you practice aiming, you still need to be able to sight down the gun, that's where aftermarket stocks come into play and that's all we were helping him with.

Hossy
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Hate to break all of these pipe dreams, but uh...none of these mods will make a marker aim better. There is no guaranteed AIM cure all. once your round leaves the barrel it is at the mercy of the environment you are in. (Windy, Humid, Hot, Cold, what have you). Trust me, All of the mods make the marker look amazing, but does nothing for "Aim".

The only close resolution would be to "practice" before entering the field.(as someone mentioned before) Most fields have a "Chrono" range where you can take a few test shots or a little bit of aiming practice before each round. I normally sit out the first 2 rounds of play just so I can get re-familiarized with my marker.

I use an MR1 as well as an old Shutter. I have added Red Dot sites to both, and nothing has changed the accuracy of the aim. (even used a hammerhead barrel, worked great for about a minute, then humidity set in, the barrel became worthless)

Enjoy.

yeah, you seemed to misread. Really all hes asking about is aiming. I would also suggest to hacksaw the stock, or just do what Ace said and put the tank in your arm...

jbrown84
07-17-2008, 05:59 AM
I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Jungsa
07-17-2008, 08:08 AM
I sorta shoot it like my shot gun. point and shoot. I look along the top of the barrel and point it at the biggest target on the person I can find. most people get to nervous/excited to really aim until we get more exp in games. shooting cans is always good because it helps you become familiar with your marker. the stock does help with aiming because it helps you steady your marker. I did cut the top of my old stock off and I still think it looks good. of course this is just IMO... GL