PDA

View Full Version : The Influenza thread :(

FredPo
02-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, here it is 12:36 am in the morning, I'm freezing cold, aching all over, headache that could split wood, and congested like you wouldn't believe. I'm looking for some home recipes to help clear this thing up quick. The arnold classic is coming up in a few days and I want to be healthy. I do not go to the doctors for flu's as I usually clear up in a few days so home recipes is what I"m looking for. I've taken an extra multivitamin and am drinking 3-4 cups of green tea a day. Any other ideas?

Fred

Drefish99
02-27-2006, 09:54 PM
When I get something similar I double up on my vitamins. I also drink a lot of fluids. Water and Orange juice to be exact. Get a lot of rest and calm down. It probably hit you because you were worried too much about that lump in your boob, stress, and too much going on with your life. Need to calm down for a while so your immune system can get back up to par.

FredPo
02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I thought it was from stress (thought it may have contributed) but my brother in law and my other friend all have this sickness and we all got it at the same time. We were all sharing water Saturday night as we were lifting our chest so one of us had it and spread it to the others.
AS for liquids, I"m drinking lots of water and I guess I need to get some oj for the Vit. C.

Fred

shunut
02-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Echinacea. Its wonderful for whats going around. More importantly rest, lots and lots of rest.

QAZ123
02-28-2006, 05:12 AM
Vitamin C go get it in it's own vitamin form. Should be like 833% dosage per pill I usually take two a day when congested. Hot hot hot shower for the congestion. Sleep. Aspirin.

JB.

DexGtr
02-28-2006, 08:06 AM
yup just good old rest....and some orange juice.

shunut
02-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Vitamin C and Echincea combined is what I've seen work the best. I've know losts of people who have had this and thats what they've been taking. Echincea is an immune system booster. When I was working in the medical field we recommend it to patients a lot. Lots of fluids too, if it hasn't been said yet. Don't do the gatorade or powerade stuff, or any of the other sports drinks. They are okay when you are exercising but really when you are sick they just have too much stuff in them. If you want you can mix it 50/50 with water, but really water is the way to go. Thats my medical advise for the day.

03TiburonGT
02-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Drink water, and LOTS of it. If you drink ~5+ water bottles a day and get plenty of rest the flu should be gone in no time. I had a cold a couple weeks ago (I know, cold is very different than flu) and drank about 5 waterbottles in one day. Throughout the whole day I could feel myself getting better. Hope you get well soon!

claustrophobia9
02-28-2006, 01:05 PM
i almost threw up yesterday when i was drinking mnt dew and forgot to breath and it went down my air pipe and i was coughing and mucas was flowing into my mouth and stuff. gross.

usually i just drink alot of syruppy drinks after taking some tylenol daytime. water. dont watch tv, daytime tv makes you want to be sick so you have an excuse not to watch. cold showers