PDA

View Full Version : Parental woes(thread rated PG)

DRAGON
06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
There are sooooo many rewards to being a parent in most cases. You get to program your kids, usually till they get to the point where they think they know everything. Even then, chances are they will grow up eventually adhering to these morals and ways whether they want to realize it or not -

You get to buy them koo stuff and indirectly program their interest in material things. Kinda koo that you get to in alot of cases, try these things out before giving them to the kids as well. Yano, like those toys you get as presents at Christmas time. Well crap.....you need to try them out to be sure they work don't you? - :smirk:

You get to sway their interests by administering training in things that may spark your/their interests as well. Yano, scouts, baseball, hockey, music lessons, motocross, you name it.....it's on the list -

There are also a few negatives I will not touch on as it's all a part of growing up. If you are a responsible parent and were once a kid yourself, you realize that most people learn through their mistakes and evade negativities in the future by experience. This leads me to irresponsible parents. I'd hope the percentile of parents would be in the responsible light, but there are those that think of nothing but themselves and may not have time in their schedule for their offspring. I would suspect it may catch up to them and bite them on the ass some day in their future -

Now all that was just a short unrelated interlude to my actual subject matter. Though all my kids are grown up now, all 3 of them seem to be living a pretty decent, moral existence. The older 2 have a direction(which is surprising at their age) and a specific skill(s) they've both interacted with for a while now. The youngest has just graduated from high school and is going into college in fall of this year. Maybe all that laborous time I spent programing them actually did sink through........hmmmmmmm -

Now for the woes; the woes are that, I see how well they're doing but I look at the world in its seemingly chaotic state and it almost makes me feel bad throwing them into it. I'm not saying I wished they had never existed but I don't see too many positives in their futures as I had when I was growing up. Gas prices have gone to a crazy plateau(I use that loosely since I don't see the rising stopped), the wars, the government(s), unemployment, big brother everywhere, the immoral things being initiated as normal, the list seems to increase expeditiously on a daily basis. This is one main reason I haven't owned nor watched a TV for the past 4 years. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm even a bit jealous of the time frame my own father lived through when America was strongest -

I guess what I'm saying is that being a parent has been the most rewarding experiences of my life, yet I almost feel guilty for throwing these 3 kids in the middle of the chaos that this place has become. I don't see it getting any better in their future either -

All......this parents woes -

LostCause
06-28-2008, 02:05 PM
only thing I can say, as a son, is that we love what parents do, even if we dont agree, helps us latter on. Though with my age ground (seniors in HS) I dont think that many of us guys realize that a draft could happen, or how hard it is to actually get a job, and in the end we will have to rely on our parents with help latter on. So to put it short, parents thanks, though we are still going to need ya, world is going down the drain it looks...

:tup: post,

cyberthrasher_706
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, Drag, just keep in mind that if you did it right, they'll cope and figure it all out. I wish I could me around my 2 more. I'm trying to slow down enough and do more things with them. I kinda feel like I'm one of those fathers you're talking about, though it's the last thing that I want. Doing the 8 - 5, get home, eat dinner, and it's time for bed. Weekends I go to another job all day, etc.., etc..., etc.... So, basically my point for my end of this conversation is, I know I need to spend more time in order for them to be well prepared for life when they're ready to go out on their own. Hopefully I jut instill them with the right values so I won't have to worry so much.

By the way, one thing I'm doing is cutting my weekend hay hauling job down to one day, and hauling but to the point of being in pain to get it done since I'm not payed by the hour so I can spend more time with them. I think I may have mildly taken you off topic.