PDA

View Full Version : xbox customer service drama......

Muddytaco
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok let me just start off by saying microsofts warranty policy is completely retarded and here is why:

My xbox started to randomly freeze while playing a game and then it got to the point where it wouldn't even make it to the home screen. Called up xbox support and they tried to tell me to try all this stuff (clearing memory, etc.) that was impossible for me to do b/c my xbox wouldn't even fully load to the home screen to actually go where they wanted me and of course the stupid woman on the phone just kept on about doing what shes says even though I tell her I can't, So after about 15 min of nonsense BS and *****ing she finally realized I couldn't even get to the home screen. Next I get:
xbox- "ok then you will need to send it in for repair"
me- ok lets do it
xbox- "that will be $99"
me- I thought the warranty was extended 3 years
xbox- no thats only for a specific problem
me- 20 mins of *****ing and yelling before hanging up

fast forward two weeks later

go today to try to start my xbox if it didn't work i was ready to just spend the $99 to get it fixed. push power, does nothing for 2 sec, then get red ring of doom (notice my new avy i made today loll) anyway i call up xbox and get this:
xbox- xbox C.S. how my i help you
me- explain how RRoD comes up when i hit power
xbox- ok thats under warrenty, let me confirm your address and I will send a box and you should have it back in 2-3 weeks.

Ok why couldn't they do that the first time? They know 360's have a horrible fail rate but yet they want to refuse me warranty b/c the stupid red lights wouldn't come on in the front at first? End the end I have gift card for best buy and get double reward zone points this week so I will most likely jump ship to playstation 3 and then sell 360 once I get it back.

tl;dr
Xbox customer service sucks and your screwed unless you actually get RRoD for your problem.

DirtySouth
06-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Xbox gay. I'm willing to sell mine if anyone wants it. I fix it on my own and itll work for a day before i shuts down on me. I get the red rings all the time.

The Pumper
06-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Do you speak english? If so, youre terrible at it.

Anyway muddy. That sucks. I have a regular xbox and idk why the xbox 360 would have more problems than mine.

badlandsrox
06-24-2008, 09:21 PM
PS3's are better for that reason IMO, just because they didnt rush to beat other systems, so bugs like that were worked out before they started shipping. That said, 360's do have more of a game selection and everything, so it sorta evens out if you can stand having it down for a little while. You should have just said it was the red ring in the first place, like I mean in any case they will bring it in, and if it falls under their warrenty they will do it for free, and even if it doesnt, they will call you before they do anything that you will pay for.

DirtySouth
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Do you speak english? If so, youre terrible at it.

Anyway muddy. That sucks. I have a regular xbox and idk why the xbox 360 would have more problems than mine.

Yes, I do speak English. Why? Do you bash on people who make a typo every now and then?

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
wtfenglish?

wtfxbox?

sucks on your xbox. Shoulda known PS3 > Xbox..failbox in this case.

DirtySouth
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Well. Don't get me wrong, I love the Xbox 360. I just don't like the reliability of it. One day it's working fine, the next day, it's busted.

Drefish99
06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Mine is currently experiencing an X68 error. They also wanted $99 but I don't want to be without the unit for 2 to 3 weeks. When I had a problem with my Wii they just sent me a new unit. I don't understand why Microsoft can't do that.

DirtySouth
06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Microsoft is a company ran by cheap a******s.

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I've yet to have a problem with my wii.

DFSniper
06-25-2008, 02:49 AM
360 = fail...

LostCause
06-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Thats a symton of the red ring of doom, happnedto me on vacation...took 2 months to get my stupid xbox back! then i went out and bought a extra set of fans to put on the back as a just in case.

also hate how the didnt have the bloody hi-def cable socket in the back of the 360 first and 2nd gens....said a few choice words after that...paintball>ps2>360>wii (only cause i ve mastered all the wii sports [cept that dang baseball], and wii play games :D, and rather spend my money on paintball lol)

though microsoft is a great comapny to work for if your a techie...they treat ya real good lol.

HelpDeskHustler
06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Meh at least is HAS games.

irishwarrior
06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I personally like the PS3 over the 360. You can play any game for PS, PS2 and PS3 on it, it can be used as a media server and if I felt like it because of it's insane computing power I could rig it up with a new operating system and run massive simulations on it/play computer games with an extreme amount of quality.

HelpDeskHustler
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
PS3 is definitely a better MEDIA component. But as a gaming console it has flaws. The 360 may be flaky from time to time but it's still more convenient to 'hardcore' gamers than the PS3 is.

Edit: Taco, check your serial number. If it's different from the one you sent in, that means they sent you a refurbished console. If that's true, I'd demand your $99 refunded because they sent you back a console in worse condition. Trust me, just keep asking for supervisors until you get somebody who understands. If it's the same console demand they refund the $99 since they misdiagnosed the problem as one that WASN'T under warranty when RROD was under warranty. If you do it right, either way you should have your money back.

irishwarrior
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
^qft.

HelpDeskHustler
06-25-2008, 11:00 AM
I was going to play MGS4 online, but then it wanted me to fill out some bogus form and all that trash. I'll tell you this. In HD on a 60 inch TV from 5 feet away, it's still extraordinarily difficult to fill out an internet form, I have no idea how other people would do it to play MGS4 online on a much smaller TV. I gave up and played Xbox Live, it was a lot more fun than filling out 4 pages worth of forms and downloading patches and installing ****.

As for the wii, **** nintendo. They've been holding those stupid things to simulate extreme demand. I could hand make them faster than they make them.

pb34
06-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I wish my 360 would get the red rings. It freezes a few times a day on every game except guitar hero and halo. I wish I would just get the rings already so I could send it in under warranty.

HelpDeskHustler
06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I wish my 360 would get the red rings. It freezes a few times a day on every game except guitar hero and halo. I wish I would just get the rings already so I could send it in under warranty.

As a tip, freezing for me has always been due to overheating, or overloaded memory. If it freezes a lot, I'd attribute it to overheating first.

-Stand up the xbox, It gets better ventilation
-Place it near an air conditioning vent if possible
-Pull it away from the wall, or outside of the component cabinets.

If those don't help much, I'd recommend taking an ice pack (the hard blue ones ONLY) and placing it about 3 inches behind the xbox's fans. If it's too close it will block circulation and possibly condensate water on the console. We've been doing this since the PS2/Xbox original era for lan parties since overheating is a problem.

pb34
06-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Hmm maybe. I always thought mine got pretty good ventilation as I have it in one of those hanging things under a TV and the back fans are completely exposed. I guess I could try changing up the position and see if that helps.

DFSniper
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
not to get OT too much, but Resistance 2!!!! that should be fun. i just hope they dont end up trying to franchise it like halo...

HelpDeskHustler
06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I played resistance, IDK if resistance 2 is worth looking forward to. IMO halo 3 was fun while it lasted because of the story. Unfortunately it only lasted 6 hours on legendary. It does no justice to the books. I really hate the Halo style of gameplay, ever since cover systems came out for other games, halo feels so empty and it's multiplayer is so dry, because now Halo isn't doing it's best to do the story justice. MGS did it's story justice. It didn't have more game play than halo (more cut scenes though :P) but it made sure that it's new housing console would be used to make gameplay what they always wanted it to be, not just a prettier way to jump around like a retard like bungie used theirs for. In order to even do the story a remote amount of justice EVERY skull has to be on. I'm not even kidding, that's how spartans would play.

STRIKEFIRST
06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I love our PS3

Ace24
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
My friend just got the RROD on his "refurbished" 360. It's rather amusing. He hasn't even had it for 2 weeks and the thing already errored. He's rather upset, but they're sending him the box to ship it in, giving him free XBL and they treated him fine on the phone, so he's happy.

I guess it depends on who you get on customer service. He said that when the Wii's bricked, Nintendo's customer service wasn't even sending out systems to replace. That they would take forever to get anything done. My other friend had his Wii brick and dealt with the customer service people and said that they were a bunch of morons and kept telling him to do stuff that he was unable to do. They then told him to send in his system and just gave him a new one. This pissed him off because he lost all his save files and all the hard work he put into Brawl and the other games he had.

I still say 360>Wii>PS3 at this point. No one wants to develop for the PS3, hence lack of games. 360 has ALL the games I want... *shrug* When I get the money, the 360 is on my list.

timmyshoota
06-25-2008, 09:03 PM
I have yet to have a problem with my Xbox.

And it doesn't need to be said but 360 > PS3. Anyone who thinks otherwise, natural selection will probably run its course.

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 04:01 AM
I think that the 360 and the PS3 really are equal overall. The pros and cons pretty much way each other out. The PS3 doesn't have a lot of new games, the Xbox 360 has the RROD. The graphics are basically the same. The PS3 can be used as a computer/media server, the Xbox 360 has xbox live. It all kinda evens out.

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 07:01 AM
I have yet to have a problem with my Xbox.

And it doesn't need to be said but 360 > PS3. Anyone who thinks otherwise, natural selection will probably run its course.

xbox 3/720 or whatever it will be called ( I like "xbox pi-d-cubed-all-over-six") will probably jump the gun on release well before Sony goes in for PS4. I'd say 2-3 years is a fair estimate, 2 being if somebody releases some crazy ****tard awseome new cpu that is like 1000 times cheaper and more powerful exponentially. Sony I would hope won't make a run for a new console for 4-5 years. They tend to keep a console in production longer to try to make up for lost money before they go into debt on production again.

Proof Microsoft has built a stunning gaming machine: 7 to 1 game to console sell ratio. That's outrageous, considering wii has staggered around 1 for some time, dipping well below 1 durring the holidays when wii sports was all people played.

Unfortunately it is true that Microsoft has a tendency to have overall pretty good support then have one place where you can end up and be totally screwed. My friend's credit card expired, so they locked his account until he changed his credit card. He shredded the card so he didn't know it's number. Guess what the security question for changing an expired credit card is.... "what are the last 4 digits of your credit card" :dodgy: He had to get a new account, which is only a slightly bad thing if the last was expired, but if you are an achievement whore, it SUCKS.

LostCause
06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
well when you get the 2nd RROD they give you a new box...well atleast they say they do (new not refurbed)

deano 177
06-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm on my fourth xbox 360. First one lasted a long time. Second one only six months. 3rd started freezing and I traded it for an elite. I haven't had any issues with the elite plus its got the HDMI.

Here are some points why I stick with Xbox...

Xbox can be used as a media center. I stream video and music from my computer weekly.

Xbox live is greater, IMO, than PSN. Lots more content and ways to spend M$ points.:(

Xbox uses IR remotes where as Sony uses blue tooth. You'll need at least two remotes to work your setup. I have all my stuff in a closet and use a RF remote with an IR repeater. Sucks to be me.

Xbox's Guitar Hero guitar works with Rock Band but Sony won't allow it. They have the patch but won't give it out.

If you are experiencing freeze-ups with no RRODs, just leave it on all night with a towel covering it and it should red ring. Or just tell them it has it and hope they don't check.

The debate over Xbox360 and PS3 is as old as the systems themselves. You most likely won't convert an "Xbot" to a "Sony Defence Force" and vice versa. I don't care for Sony and I make no bones about it. I do have Sony products but I try not to buy them if I can help it. I may have to buy a PoS3 just so I can get a cheap BluRay player (since sony killed HD DVD:p )

My setup:
50" Hitatchi 1080p plasma
Yamaha 7.1 reciever
Xbox Elite w/ HD DVD
Comcast HD DVR
Polk Audio DSW 500 sub
Pro Solutions 6.5" Front In-wall
Pro Solutions 6.5" Rear Surround In-ceiling
Universal Customizer RF remote with Universal IR repeater

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Home%20Theater/DSC01764.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Home%20Theater/DSC01841.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Home%20Theater/DSC01769.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Home%20Theater/DSC01756.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Home%20Theater/DSC01764.jpg

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
LOL HDDVD player, I bet you're kicking yourself for that one.

LostCause
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
even microsoft is spooring Blue-ray now lol

deano 177
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
LOL HDDVD player, I bet you're kicking yourself for that one.
Why? I only paid $100 for it. I have about 25 movies and they all still play fine. The SDF didn't come take it when Blu won out. There are still hundreds of movies out there. Some you still cant get on Blu. Some of them are the DVD/HD DVD combo disks so I can even watch them on trips with the portable. $100 bucks is not too much of an investment to get 1080i/p picture resolution. HD DVD just went up against a corporation that was willing to put it all on the line to finally win a format war. It only took giving away PoS3s with the purchase of a Sony HD set, giving away 10 Blu movies with the purchase of a PoS3, weekly BOGOs on Amazon.com, giving Warner $500 million and selling it's cell technoligy to its competitor. The Blu format still isn't complete. So, yea, I'm pissed that the better, complete format lost.

even microsoft is spooring Blue-ray now lol

What does that mean?

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, remember what happened with beta tapes? Beta tapes had better quality, could store more info and still lost out to the better advertised/marketed VHS tapes.

deano 177
06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, remember what happened with beta tapes? Beta tapes had better quality, could store more info and still lost out to the better advertised/marketed VHS tapes.
Yea I know. I've accepted that Hd dvd is gone. I've also accepted that I'll need a Blu player to get the new releases. I'm gonna have one by the time Iron Man comes out. Fo sho.

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM

Wasn't it because sony was charging out the ass to license it.

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 11:20 AM
^Could be. I wasn't alive back then, only heard about it from my parents.

LostCause
06-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Why? I only paid $100 for it. I have about 25 movies and they all still play fine. The SDF didn't come take it when Blu won out. There are still hundreds of movies out there. Some you still cant get on Blu. Some of them are the DVD/HD DVD combo disks so I can even watch them on trips with the portable. $100 bucks is not too much of an investment to get 1080i/p picture resolution. HD DVD just went up against a corporation that was willing to put it all on the line to finally win a format war. It only took giving away PoS3s with the purchase of a Sony HD set, giving away 10 Blu movies with the purchase of a PoS3, weekly BOGOs on Amazon.com, giving Warner $500 million and selling it's cell technoligy to its competitor. The Blu format still isn't complete. So, yea, I'm pissed that the better, complete format lost.

What does that mean?

means my mind is on to many diffrent things (spore :D), supporting ment to say

DFSniper
06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
spore FTW!!! they need to release it already... but one of the problems they're having is people adding male genitalia to creatures, and they don't want that getting spread around.

STRIKEFIRST
06-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Ah well...I read an article a few months back that 80% of game developers were requesting PS3 first...so they could dumb them down to 360 because the lack of BlueRay AND HDDVD.

I'm not a 360 hater BUT PS3 hasn't been out as long and is picking up steam All but one hardcore gamer I know have dumped there RROD...oops I mean 360's in favor of the PS3.

I'll try to find that article also.

LostCause
06-26-2008, 04:20 PM
spore FTW!!! they need to release it already... but one of the problems they're having is people adding male genitalia to creatures, and they don't want that getting spread around.

have you seen Robbin williams (think thats the acotrs name) creat a charater?

and spore maker is fun to play with ( www.spore.com )

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Ah well...I read an article a few months back that 80% of game developers were requesting PS3 first...

Except now there are prominent game developers saying that the PS3 development platform sucks and that they're considering not developing games for PS3 in the future because of the extra time and resources required to make a game, most notably Valve, makers of the Half Life series.

As for spore... kinda lame IMO. I basically played a dumbed down version of that game like 8 years ago. It was some star wars gungan thing. It had basically every feature exept the ability to evolve, which isn't that tight IMO. Anywho, the game got boring after a short period of time. Not to mention, Spore just doesn't look that fun.

vikingshadow
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I still have a few beta's laying around somewhere. My roommate in college had a Beta machine...it was ok - honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the two back then.

I've been debating with myself on getting a 360...are you guys saying I probably shouldn't?

The Pumper
06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
nope
get a wii
girls like wii's better

vikingshadow
06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Do they have a good selection of games?

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Do they have a good selection of games?

Not really. Vike, its mainly a problem with the pre-65nm consoles. Get the black one, stand it up and it should be fine. If you get it at walmart they'll take anything back with receipt.

vikingshadow
06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Are you talking about the Xbox?

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Are you talking about the Xbox?

Yes, but if you find a black wii, buy it because it'd be gold (good luck finding any wii) :rolleyes:

The black 360 is the 360 elite. It has a much lower chance of failure. With the white box you could end up with a Pre-HDMI/Pre-65nm chipset, which was attributed with overheating, and the RROD failure. Even with the failure rate, it only costs 20 bucks at gamestop to get it insured and have a new one within the time it takes for you to drive there. If you buy walmart you can keep your receipt and pretty much return it for any reason if you push hard enough. I've found that if the employees do for some reason care, you can simply ACT furious and they'll no longer care. So RROD shouldn't be a big deal if you plan for the worst, I did, and I'm fine. At most you'll have a short drive to the store. Or if you don't care a ton, Microsoft has about a 2 week turn-around on refurbished consoles from your area since the place that repairs them is in Texas.

Ace24
06-26-2008, 09:15 PM
...The Wii is still the most sold system in history. There is still a larger demand for the system than can be produced. It out sold the 360 within the first few months of being released.

Just thought I'd say that.

deano 177
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
The black 360 is the 360 elite. It has a much lower chance of failure. With the white box you could end up with a Pre-HDMI/Pre-65nm chipset, which was attributed with overheating, and the RROD failure. Even with the failure rate, it only costs 20 bucks at gamestop to get it insured and have a new one within the time it takes for you to drive there. If you buy walmart you can keep your receipt and pretty much return it for any reason if you push hard enough. I've found that if the employees do for some reason care, you can simply ACT furious and they'll no longer care. So RROD shouldn't be a big deal if you plan for the worst, I did, and I'm fine. At most you'll have a short drive to the store. Or if you don't care a ton, Microsoft has about a 2 week turn-around on refurbished consoles from your area since the place that repairs them is in Texas.

I don't think gamestop does that anymore. You have to send it to M$ to have it fixed if it's the RROD. Any other issues and you should be good. I don't know about wally world.

As far as the failure rates... even some new falcon chip sets have been failing. I think it is a much smaller percent, though. Not all the elites have the new chip set. Most of them just have new cooling ducts that work better, a better secured board and different lead on the boards. Supposedly, the board would get hot and warp. Then the lead on the solder points cracked making faulty connections. = RROD

The console short list:

wii - Games are fun for a while. Most games are on all systems so you'll get to play most of them. Chicks like to play with wii. Least expensive system.

PoS3 - Best hardware(minus motion controlls on some games). Backward compatable for all systems except 40 gig model. New high def format player. Some good games: MGS4, GTA4, GT5, COD4... Free online. Most expensive system.

Xbroke - Worst hardware. Backward compatable for most games, not all. Great controller. Pay for online pay. Lots of good games. HALOS, GTA4, COD4, MASS EFFECT... Loser highdef add-on. Losts of SKUs(models).

timmyshoota
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Wii is great for playing with friends, drinking and having fun. Beyond that, meh. I plan to pick up a Wii eventually, but right now it isn't very high on my list.

HelpDeskHustler
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
The console short list:

wii - Games are fun for a while. Most games are on all systems so you'll get to play most of them. Chicks like to play with wii. Least expensive system.

PoS3 - Best hardware(minus motion controlls on some games). Backward compatable for all systems except 40 gig model. New high def format player. Some good games: MGS4, GTA4, GT5, COD4... Free online. Most expensive system.

Xbroke - Worst hardware. Backward compatable for most games, not all. Great controller. Pay for online pay. Lots of good games. HALOS, GTA4, COD4, MASS EFFECT... Loser highdef add-on. Losts of SKUs(models).

This is by far the most biased and inaccurate analysis of consoles I've EVER seen on these forums. First of all, the wii has so few GOOD 3rd party games that it's laughable, Nintendo is lucky Capcom still produces for their console, otherwise they'd be the sole producer of quality games, putting the burden of keeping their console going entirely on their shoulders. I can only think of 6 DECENT games on the wii, and two of them are remakes from previous generations. Second of all, the Xbox 360 has hardware that competes PHENOMENALLY with PS3. It's the most faulty because of early problems surfacing now, but the new 360 consoles have a failure rate that's only a small percentage higher than other consoles. Wii, obviously has the worst hardware in terms of power, especailly considering the original Xbox had more computing power than it does, not to mention it's the second least reliable from my experience, since 4/8 of my friends who own a wii have issues with theirs freezing on a regular basis. As for backwards compatibility, the Xbox 360 currently has coverage for NEARLY every game worth playing. I can safely say that 99% of the games that have a 6.0 or higher on metacritic, are backwards compatible, which is the best Microsoft could do because adding games only a handful of people would play would have been costly. Sony, on the other hand, used backwards compatibility as a motivation to buy the more expensive console. ALL of their consoles have the ability to read previous generation games, but the 40GB was locked out from that ability. Microsoft has given every console with the hardware ability to play the games, the software approval to play them.

As for online, I wouldn't even consider payment a factor. If you ask me, PS3's online services are MORE expensive than xbox 360's, because of the time you waste filling out bull**** forms and downloading patches from slow servers. I pay TWELVE CENTS A DAY for xbox live. I pay more for water than Xbox Live. I pay more for power used by the controller than I do for Xbox Live. But PS3's online? I've spent 30 minutes from last week alone just getting Metal Gear Solid to work online. At my current rate of pay, 30 minutes = $7.50. That means that I'd have to buy a game less frequently than every other month in order to make PS3's online "service" less expensive. I can tell you now, I don't do that.

With wii I'd still pay less, but time is money, and I'd be wasting a whole lot of time punching in wii-codes for my long buddy list.

Oh and PS3 and wii only have 5 games each with a metacritic score (compilation of tons of reviews) that are over 9.0. Xbox 360 has 12, if you can't count that's more than the PS3 and wii have combined.

Ace24
06-27-2008, 09:21 PM
This is by far the most biased and inaccurate analysis of consoles I've EVER seen on these forums. First of all, the wii has so few GOOD 3rd party games that it's laughable, Nintendo is lucky Capcom still produces for their console, otherwise they'd be the sole producer of quality games, putting the burden of keeping their console going entirely on their shoulders. I can only think of 6 DECENT games on the wii, and two of them are remakes from previous generations. Second of all, the Xbox 360 has hardware that competes PHENOMENALLY with PS3. It's the most faulty because of early problems surfacing now, but the new 360 consoles have a failure rate that's only a small percentage higher than other consoles. Wii, obviously has the worst hardware in terms of power, especailly considering the original Xbox had more computing power than it does, not to mention it's the second least reliable from my experience, since 4/8 of my friends who own a wii have issues with theirs freezing on a regular basis. As for backwards compatibility, the Xbox 360 currently has coverage for NEARLY every game worth playing. I can safely say that 99% of the games that have a 6.0 or higher on metacritic, are backwards compatible, which is the best Microsoft could do because adding games only a handful of people would play would have been costly. Sony, on the other hand, used backwards compatibility as a motivation to buy the more expensive console. ALL of their consoles have the ability to read previous generation games, but the 40GB was locked out from that ability. Microsoft has given every console with the hardware ability to play the games, the software approval to play them.

As for online, I wouldn't even consider payment a factor. If you ask me, PS3's online services are MORE expensive than xbox 360's, because of the time you waste filling out bull**** forms and downloading patches from slow servers. I pay TWELVE CENTS A DAY for xbox live. I pay more for water than Xbox Live. I pay more for power used by the controller than I do for Xbox Live. But PS3's online? I've spent 30 minutes from last week alone just getting Metal Gear Solid to work online. At my current rate of pay, 30 minutes = $7.50. That means that I'd have to buy a game less frequently than every other month in order to make PS3's online "service" less expensive. I can tell you now, I don't do that.

With wii I'd still pay less, but time is money, and I'd be wasting a whole lot of time punching in wii-codes for my long buddy list.

Oh and PS3 and wii only have 5 games each with a metacritic score (compilation of tons of reviews) that are over 9.0. Xbox 360 has 12, if you can't count that's more than the PS3 and wii have combined.

I'd have to agree with that. I barely play my Wii... I still go back to my PS2 for SOCOM.

Resident Evil 4 still remians the best game I've ever played for the Wii and it's a remake. Brawl is amazing... but gets boring when you have no friends around. Same with Mario Cart. Rock band is lame on the Wii... I'll be getting it for the 360 when I pick one up.

Honestly $50 a year, with all you get, is cheap as hell. I'd rather pay for a service that gives me a direct server rather then shareware servers to download my content. SONY is only doing that to keep their bandwith down. XBL is well worth the money, and I WILL be paying it. I'm so sick of cheaters on PS2's online play system on SOCOM: CA that $50 a month sounds like pocket change.

HelpDeskHustler
06-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, ace, don't fall into that COD4 trap, ubisoft treats it's customers well, get Rainbow six vegas 2. The new patch will be epic, and Ubi keeps working to bring FREE maps and rebalances that are needed to keep 50 guns in the game without making a noob tube. http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16921/Rainbow-Six-Vegas-2-Fan-Pack-Revealed/ the new features all for free make Rainbow much better than COD4 IMO. Cod4 was only fun on hardcore and now that a hardcore mode is on rainbow, I think it will be sick. Not to mention:

Cover system
Recock a bolt action rifle while running
more upgradable weapons
lots of armor choices
silencer option ALL the time
weapon fire mode option.

Its all around a much more tactical shooter, I think you'll like it more than COD4 if you liked socom 2.

Ace24
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just waiting for SOCOM: Confrontation to come out for the PS3. It might even come out for the 360, considering Slant Six makes it now... although I think Syphon Filter was a SONY exclusive... so we'll see.

Either way, I can't ****ing wait. I love 3rd person, tactical, online shooters.

LostCause
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
....me want to play Rainbow six vegas (old) one now....meanies

Socom was beast on the ps2....Though Vegas has me sold on what a tactical shooter should be like...

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2008, 10:11 AM
....me want to play Rainbow six vegas (old) one now....meanies

Socom was beast on the ps2....Though Vegas has me sold on what a tactical shooter should be like...

Vegas 2 had it's share of flaws from vegas one, but now with the high stakes mode EVERY one of my grievances has been soothed. You can run in R6v2, you being in cover doesn't let you see around anymore. Heath no longer regenerates, Health effects are VERY noticable.

LostCause
06-28-2008, 11:02 AM
nice, sound better...(goes off to play Vegas1 now....)

Hossy
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
back to what Taco started out with, Mine had the same problem today. I dont care alot, I will miss my xbox for the next month or so, but I need to get off the couch anyways.
My customer service wasnt bad though. I called and i was like i gots the Red Ring, and he said a box would be on its way.
IT may suck. but i can wait.

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2008, 01:44 PM
RROD is actually the quickest return. They only take 2 weeks or so. If you had taco's problem it could take a month to 6 weeks.

LostCause
06-28-2008, 02:03 PM
RROD is actually the quickest return. They only take 2 weeks or so. If you had taco's problem it could take a month to 6 weeks.

no offence thats bull.....took 2-3 months to get my xbox back when it got RROD

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2008, 09:51 PM
no offence thats bull.....took 2-3 months to get my xbox back when it got RROD

Well then you got shafted because I know tons of people with 360's and about 4 of them have gone down and been back within 2-3 weeks of sending them out. The entire process, however took a month because they were lazy and put off calling the center. But shipping is VERY fast now. Maybe you sent it out before the place started prepping for fast returns, or possibly you sent it back at a busy moment, but YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY tell me that my experiences were wrong, since you have no idea. RROD is the most common problem, and Microsoft has a good facility for replacing RROD consoles, it will naturally be a faster return than ANY other problem that requires you to send it in.

deano 177
06-29-2008, 11:49 AM

I don't see how you said mine was biased. I didn't put them in order or anything. Xbox is my favorite. Maybe I was totally off on the wii but they still get some games cross platform. Rockband, GH, Madden, WWE, Starwars: force unleashed, MOH, DBZ.... and many more. Not all the games are capable on the wii from a hardware standpoint. The playstation, IMO, has the least amount of games that I want to play or I already have played them on Xbox. I totally agree with you on Xbox live and the quality of games out there on the xbox.

HelpDeskHustler
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't see how you said mine was biased. I didn't put them in order or anything. Xbox is my favorite. Maybe I was totally off on the wii but they still get some games cross platform. Rockband, GH, Madden, WWE, Starwars: force unleashed, MOH, DBZ.... and many more. Not all the games are capable on the wii from a hardware standpoint. The playstation, IMO, has the least amount of games that I want to play or I already have played them on Xbox. I totally agree with you on Xbox live and the quality of games out there on the xbox.

Reread your post and you should see that not only did you list is listed in a way that makes consoles other than the Wii look like crap, but it includes stereotypical information that isn't 100% true. I'm sorry if I misjudged what you had to say, but you should keep in mind that what's accidentally inferred by the reader is equivalent in standing as what's intentionally implied by the writer.

Also, Vike, if you're serious about buying a 360 I recommend waiting a week, insiders are reporting a $50 price drop on some models in the near future.

STRIKEFIRST
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow HDH...my wife and I have yet to fill a form out online to play any PS3 game...Our download patches are also fairly quick.

Ted...I can't wait for Socom either...my wife and are (more the wife than I :) ) are currently playing COD4 online...it's great...and again no "online form" to fill out.

Our family is now split down the middle...half PS3 half 360

Ace24
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Lmao, system war between family members.

battlechaser
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM

My fiance and I have a quick solution to this, buy all the systems.. ;)

We've had our Wii since last year, and have had absolutely no hiccups in performance, mind you I don't really use it... thinking about getting a PS3 when I get my mega-TV. Personally, Microsoft may make really good games, but they have a thing or two to learn about making consoles. Before Xbox, I'd never heard of a console problem that couldn't be solved by simply resetting the system.

STRIKEFIRST
06-30-2008, 08:05 PM

yeah it was 2 to 1...the 4th just went 360...but it was also free...guess you can't blame him!

HelpDeskHustler
07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Wow HDH...my wife and I have yet to fill a form out online to play any PS3 game...Our download patches are also fairly quick.

Ted...I can't wait for Socom either...my wife and are (more the wife than I :) ) are currently playing COD4 online...it's great...and again no "online form" to fill out.

Our family is now split down the middle...half PS3 half 360

I've only attempted two, one was MGS4, the other was some gundam game that my friend got not knowing that got a 4 review because none of the reviewers could beat the intro mode on easy. <- It's impossible btw. BOTH had forms. IMO MGS4 was the only game worth getting since all of my friends online are on Xbox360, so I don't know about all games. I'm speaking from a consumer standpoint, from experience. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE with the PS3. The forms are bogus. The install time took 8 minutes plus 2 for every time I want to play a different act :dodgy: it takes longer than changing disks. And for the last time I'll ever say it:

R6V2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COD4
3 new maps, free vs. 3 new maps, $10
.................weapons......................p-primary,s-secondary,g-grenade carry spot,o- other
(I may have miscounted by 1 or two, but the point is the same)
45p 7s 8g 1o vs. 23p 4s 4g 2o
Items per weapon(scopes, etc)
average of 5 choices per gun vs. no more than 4 per gun, all unlocked
PEC customization vs Nothing
115 real ranks unlock stuff once. vs 55 real ranks, 605 if you do it all AGAIN 10 times.
Cover system vs. nothing

COD4 is way too overplayed. R6v2 is where it's at.

deano 177
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Reread your post and you should see that not only did you list is listed in a way that makes consoles other than the Wii look like crap. Not my intention and I agree that my post was worded crummy. I understand why you replied the way that you did.;)

it includes stereotypical information that isn't 100% true. :confused: I wasn't trying to mislead anyone but if I posted something that wasn't accurate then let me know.

pb34
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Quick question somewhat on topic. It's been suggested to me to clear the cache on the harddrive, will this erase all my memory and saved games?

deano 177
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Quick question somewhat on topic. It's been suggested to me to clear the cache on the harddrive, will this erase all my memory and saved games?
No, It shouldn't. Xbox support ask you to do it? It won't help. IMO/GUESS, Your xbox will continue to lock up until it won't work any more. IN MY EXPERIANCE/GUESS(3X) this is the first step to RROD. Xbox just won't admit to it IMO/GUESS.

pb34
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
No, It shouldn't. Xbox support ask you to do it? It won't help. IMO/GUESS, Your xbox will continue to lock up until it won't work any more. IN MY EXPERIANCE/GUESS(3X) this is the first step to RROD. Xbox just won't admit to it IMO/GUESS.

Yeah I figured. I just wish I would get the RROD already. I don't have a problem sending it in for free it's just so annoying playing and having it freeze so often. I'll prob stay away from the towel trick since I heard you can ruin the Xbox doing it.

HelpDeskHustler
07-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I had problems with locking up, it turned out to just be overheating, if it's backed into a corner funny, it can screw with it enough to lock up. I've posted something about it already, but you should keep in mind IT'S SUMMER! Temperatures about as low as 85 inside the console cause problems. RROD is more hit or miss than overheating. Overheating can lead to those other problems though.

pb34
07-03-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty positive its not because of the summer since its been happening for a while but I'll try to clear up any ventilation issues. Btw posting this on my new ipod touch :)

deano 177
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Mine was never "in a corner". It was on a flat shelf away from all other heat sources. About 10" away from the wall. Freezing and RROD still came.

HelpDeskHustler
07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
It happens, but I'm just recommending what worked for me, no RROD on any of the 3 consoles I've owned (traded to go with more HDD cap).