PDA

View Full Version : MR3 Chopping

moounit93
06-24-2008, 02:00 PM
ive had my mr3 for about a year and 3 months. Throughout that time, i had been inconsistantally chopping paint. I finally got around to getting new detents. I used them in nj nam and the next game, it was back to chopping again. Im not sure if its the paint im using or what. I have no internal upgrades but i have a CMI truflite 16" and a Smart Parts Linear 14".

Im not really sure where to start at anymore. so could someone give me some ideas

KingTutBaller
06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
there's always a few things it could be... some questions to start:
which mode is it chopping in?
what kind of hopper are you using?
it could be that you're outshooting your hopper although if it's chopping in semi-with-eyes, it's likely another problem.
is your gun shooting around 285 fps?
also is the ball breaking in the breech of the gun, or inside the barrel? if it's breaking in the breech, you'll likely know this because of all the paint blowing up into your hopper, and all around your bolt, etc.
if it's breaking in the barrel, you likely won't have any paint showing by your bolt or in your feedneck. if thats the case, I'd take a good look at your barrels, how they're fitting, and also your velocity.

we can probably help more if you can answer some of those questions.

slim and shady
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
:yeahthat:

moounit93
06-26-2008, 10:45 AM
i pretty much only use semi with eyes. I also use a fasta 18v loader. As far as where the breaks happen, they are occuring in the breech.

slim and shady
06-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Is your marker double shooting? have you checked to see if your detents are in good condition. Were you shooting good fresh paint?

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Have you taken the bolt out recently, it may be upside down.

slim and shady
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I dont think that you can put an MR3 bolt in upside down can you?

KingTutBaller
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't believe you can put the bolt in upside down, no.

I use an 18v fasta on my MR3 aswell, and I've never had a problem, even in auto, havn't chopped one since I bought the fasta, and it's 100% stock.
It's troubling that you're chopping in semi with eyes.
Are your eyes clean?
Can you fire the marker in semi-w-eyes without paint??
It could also be a combination of old and/or brittle paint with your gun shooting way too high. If you can check it at a chrono, do that, buy some good, fresh paint, and hopefully that will solve your problems.
Also, just do a quick check of the breach, look to see if for any reason at all there are any sharp edges or burrs that might be causing a ball to snag, and not settle at the bottom of the breach. I've heard of stranger things happening.
Hope this helps.

moounit93
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
i know at nj nam, i was using diablo formula 13 and it shot fine. But often when i play outlaw or at thornton paintball, i use stinger. has anyone had problems shooting with stinger