PDA

View Full Version : TO build a course, any ideas?

Forgotton gym sox
06-24-2008, 07:49 AM
3 acres to work with what would you do.

Forgotton gym sox
06-24-2008, 07:52 AM
3 acres to work with what would you do."you have 3272 paintballs in a 18 v 18 tourny, you best luck is to use semi" someone in whoknowswhere

Ace24
06-24-2008, 08:32 AM
What terrain is the 3 acres?

sinbad
06-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Is it wooded or open?

kramernator
06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
either way, the first thing i would do is start up my skid steer and do some landscaping :)

badlandsrox
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
If you have the money, try and find a cheap set of inflatable bunkers (if its flat) if its hilly/wooded/etc, try and go for manmade bunkers, be it chopped down trees, 2x4's, rocks, tires, old cars, anything old that isn't unsafe, maybe some sort of water feature like a dugout, or perhaps a "moat" seperating the two sides, or maybe a ww2-esque underground trench feild, a tower feild. As you can see there is limitless options when it comes to feild layout. I agree with kramernator though, that no matter what, first thing to do is a little landscaping, then you would buy some netting to put around the feild (even if its in the middle of nowhere, you should still have the net, mostly to save yourself from getting sued should some unsuspecting person walk by and lose an eye from a stray ball), If your just building one for yourself then your done here, however if your opening to the public, read on. next I would purchase a chrono, which actually isnt a bad idea if your just building one for yourself just to be on the safe side. Next one would get insurance for the feild (do this BEFORE purchasing markers, paint, or co2) next you buy supplies such as the markers, etc. finally, open it to the public!