PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been dissapointed by a

spyderfan4271
06-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Have you ever felt dissapointed by a marker that is supposedly far superior to a spyder. The body on my vs2 is going to annodize this week, so the marker is in pieces.This is why today I shot a shocker sft and don't get it. This is the marker that has been to the podium more then anything else. I have had less issuses with my refurbished vs2. I can't wait to get my spyder back together! Have you ever shot something that cost four time as much as your spyder and said to yourself why?

DRAGON
06-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Not really.......but I have grown accustomed to the feel of Spyder's so I use them most of the time I play ball. If you have issues with markers, it's usually due to a lack of care. Not saying yours is this case but.....

I can't say I have probs with any of mine including the more costly - ;)

DisIsMyUsername
06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
yea..

lol ego's.

I prefer to shoot my e2'd cocker.

vikingshadow
06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Nope - never thought that way at all. While I agree that paintball markers are WAY overpriced, there is a reason some markers are much more expensive than others.

You must have shot a dud shocker, or as Dragon said had one not taken care very good of. My Shocker was EONs beyond my Spyders. So much more smooth, quieter, lighter, faster, you name it. In fact, my T1, my PMR, and my 04 Speed were all eons in the same categories beyond my Spyder. My Spimmy is also, but not in the weight category. I can also throw in the Egos, DMs, PMs and other guns I've used but not owned.

Granted, I take very good care of all my guns, and upgrade them as much as possible, so that could have been why they were so much better although I upgrade my Spyders just as much, if not more...and I don't dislike my Spyders one bit. But you have to call it as you see it, and this is how I see it.

You really can't compare the two guns, IMO. One is a spool valve operation (shocker) and has a totally different feel to it, and requires a lot more maintenance. If you don't take care of it, you're going to have issues with it. The Spyder is a simple stack tube blow back - more recoil due to the spring and tension in it and much easier to take care of - just slide the bolt and striker out, lube and reinsert. If you have more issues with it, then you need to spend some time learning your guns...(not you as in YOU, just you as in anyone...)

I have to agree with Dis in that I didn't like shooting Egos quite so much...

bigred76
06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Try out a MacDev Cyborg if you think that... hahaha... Borgs are the smoothest guns I can think of, and up until Planet Eclipse released the SL8R just a few months ago, it was the fastest gun in the world (with a single barrel and a single trigger, not the chain gun that spits out God knows how many BPS!). After using my first one, it spoiled me. It was that good. I've only just recently after a gap of what must be about 4yrs or so now bought another Spyder... and it was because it was cheap and I wanted (another) project. I have to keep myself busy, even if the finished product isn't as good as what I like!

DisIsMyUsername
06-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I wanna shoot a borg, or a droid :(

Tim, ship it out to me for a week :)

deano 177
06-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm gonna say "no". I haven't really shot too many highend markers but just the step up to the Mini was incredible. I have shot some Ions and PMRs but wasn't impressed by them.

bigred76
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I wanna shoot a borg, or a droid :(

Tim, ship it out to me for a week :)
Sure, send me some collateral and you can borrow it. :) Scratch it more than it is you're a dead man, and don't rip it open at all (I know a bit more about Borgs than you, and will lube it prior to shipping, which will make it good for the next 10 cases or so....). Other than that... you can take it down to the field for a day of play and let it pwn some nublets! :D

Deano, I really liked the PMR SE I had, it seemed like a really good shooter for the price!

DisIsMyUsername
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Sure, send me some collateral and you can borrow it. :) Scratch it more than it is you're a dead man, and don't rip it open at all (I know a bit more about Borgs than you, and will lube it prior to shipping, which will make it good for the next 10 cases or so....). Other than that... you can take it down to the field for a day of play and let it pwn some nublets! :D

Tim <3.

We'll talk, I didn't think you'd be cool with it. lolol

Ace24
06-23-2008, 12:14 PM
It's because Smart Sharts produces garbage. SP SFT's go down more often than..... well.... family forum so I'm not going there. But still, to be impressed by a Shocker, you've got to find a PL or a fully after market one.

I'm sticking to my fully after market ION, and stack tube, poppit valves.

bigred76
06-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Tim <3.

We'll talk, I didn't think you'd be cool with it. lolol

I've got other things keeping me occupied, so it might as well get some use! :)

spyderfan4271
06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I was trying to take it easy on some newer players and had it in semi auto. It hesitated alot like my battery was going dead, but it wasn't. I wasn't out shooting my hopper just glad it's not my gun. Another guy at the field said his friends shocker does the same thing. I think what really bugs me is how so many people (like sp owners) look down at spyders. I have had ions and I think the vs2 and rsx are just as good. I have heard people say eteks and angels are overated. I've shot angels and like the mini just as much.

vikingshadow
06-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm an SP owner and don't look down at Spyders. Never have.

If you start with generalities, then there are just as many about Spyder owners (which I also am) that can be given.

Personally, I think the whole "hate on SP" thing is getting WAAAYYYY old...

spyderfan4271
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I have owned and shot alot of different types of markers and have never looked down at anyone using a sp. Around me you can buy tippmanns and spyders at chain stores like ****'s sporting goods. So at the speedball fields people assume I am a noob when I shoot my vs2 or pilot. I wasn't trying to bring up the whole sp hate thing.

DisIsMyUsername
06-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Its a fab.

It's all over the nation, in how SP is crap. I like their products, markers, and such. But I prefer other brands, and what not. I wouldn't mind owning a shocker at one point, we'll see.

but seriously the SP hate is retarded, just adding my 2 cents. Not saying it cause it's the topic at hand, but there isnt much SP hate here.

vikingshadow
06-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Sure, don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not a fan boy of SP. Right now, I use my Phantom and my PMR exclusively. My Shocker pretty much sits in the box all the time. I don't care much for the Ion, but I'm toying with the idea of getting one and trying to add as much as I can to it - I've seen some pretty cool looking models lately.

I just wanted to make sure this didn't turn into the world vs SP - it's been done to death.

DRAGON
06-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Personally, I think the whole "hate on SP" thing is getting WAAAYYYY old...

Ya, about 5 years old lol - ;)

You'd think people would have fizzled on that by now -

bigred76
06-23-2008, 11:40 PM
SP hate... lawl... misguided youths who do not understand how businesses work and gain money. Just wait for the Luxe! Because of their lawsuits, they were able to fund a sub company, DLX, and make the Ion into a gun that its platform design is truely capable of! :)

Keep in mind I own at this moment pretty much a gun from every branch of paintball except an Epic, an Automag (have owned in the past), and an Angel. I love all my guns pretty equally as I keep them in the best shape that they are possible of, and in return they perform at the best that each of their platforms can offer! My LP Tippmann isn't bad at all, my AMG is under construction and will be AMAZING, my Cyborg doesn't need anything as it comes stock very sweet, my Timmy platforms are all sweet, my 'Cocker's suction timed, my Sniper ('Cocker pump, not some silly "sniper" ****head gun!) is in progress and already has shown to be an awesome shooter, my PM6 is stock but it will rip when I get done tuning it, and my Protege will be as sick as **** too when I get it and tinker with it.... Having said that, I am quite unbiased unless it involves my Cyborg (best gun on earth, IMO!), and can say that the more money you put into a gun, the more of a fad you're buying into. The Cyborgs are running about $450 for a used '06, and they are pretty much as high-end as high-end gets! Anything more, and you are paying for hype, not a better product!

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 06:01 AM
I hear about the borg all the damn time :dodgy:

LostCause
06-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Sp haters are fun to listen to at times....the only thing I woudl say SP would need to have me sold on a Shocker is have a clamping feedneck, really all I would ask for stock...

though the only gun I really dont like shooting is the Ego, to bloody loud....specaily when your stuck in a enclosed space and it echos.....though i'd take one if i had a chance....then trade it....:D

Ace24
06-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Sp haters are fun to listen to at times....the only thing I woudl say SP would need to have me sold on a Shocker is have a clamping feedneck, really all I would ask for stock...

though the only gun I really dont like shooting is the Ego, to bloody loud....specaily when your stuck in a enclosed space and it echos.....though i'd take one if i had a chance....then trade it....:D

The Shocker is built from poorly manufactured parts, is efficient as a H1 Hummer, is heavier (especially the NXT's) then nessisary, only has one eye (SFT), has extensive issues with the solenoid and boards, and goes down as much as my ----------.

That is a perfect example as to why I hate SP. They are "Smart" though. They put as much crap into a gun as they can, forcing you to upgrade and purchase more "crap" to put into it, so that it works better and is more efficient.

Right now, the Luxe looks promising. Buddy Bouer at our field has one. I think Mitch Karn (Field owner) has one too...

..either way, I've been tinkering with the one at the field and am impressed.

deano 177
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Deano, I really liked the PMR SE I had, it seemed like a really good shooter for the price!
That's cool. I have heard peeps that don't care for the mini. I think that 99% of how a marker performs is directly related to who owns the marker and how its treated. Now, I know that sounds dumb and you guys are like "no shiz":p . Maybe I got to shoot some that have been owned and operated by D.A.s. I took a mini apart for a guy this weekend at the field. It reminded me of one of those dogs you see on the animal planet shows where they have to be rescued. It just broke my heart. Dirt and sand mixed with lube and such... I wouldn't have shot either if I had been treated like that!:(

LostCause
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
The Shocker is built from poorly manufactured parts, is efficient as a H1 Hummer, is heavier (especially the NXT's) then nessisary, only has one eye (SFT), has extensive issues with the solenoid and boards, and goes down as much as my ----------.

That is a perfect example as to why I hate SP. They are "Smart" though. They put as much crap into a gun as they can, forcing you to upgrade and purchase more "crap" to put into it, so that it works better and is more efficient.

Right now, the Luxe looks promising. Buddy Bouer at our field has one. I think Mitch Karn (Field owner) has one too...

..either way, I've been tinkering with the one at the field and am impressed.

your talking to a person who wants a H1 hummer :D, i see your points, and they are valid mate.