PDA

View Full Version : I'm absolutely going out of my head with boredom

vikingshadow
06-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Man, this summer is EXTREMELY tough as there is really NOTHING to do around here now that the field is closed. I've taken care of all the house chores, caught up on my back work, and now all I do is just sit around bored.

So, I was playing Halo on the ol' computer today and got to thinking. Anyone want to start a clan? I know it's sort of a kid-thing, and a lot of you play on Xbox, but I figure it'd be kinda cool to have a bunch of us show up on different maps and kick some backside.

I figure we could call ourselves Spyderclan. The only prerequisite I'd say is that you must be an active member of this forum (which I can verify) and that we handle ourselves in a somewhat mature manner (no extreme cussing or flaming people - but we can stand up for each other.) We could even get together and play each other at certain times...

Anyone who's as bored as me (or even if you aren't as bored as I am) want to do this?

bigred76
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Vike, PM me your gamertag. I need someone to play with badly, I'm as bored as hell too!

DFSniper
06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
we could do that with multiple games. i know battlefield, counterstrike (and most online shooters) allow clan tags, or at least have organized clans.

i wish i knew where my brother's halo disk went, and i might play a little.

i agree with summer being boring. my parents are out of town til monday, so i have the whole house to myself, and today is my day off. my best friend drove to missouri today to see his wife in Basic Training because she has a Base Pass for tomorrow (meaning she basically gets off for 3-5 hours and can go shopping, to the bowling alley, etc.) and he hasnt seen her in almost two months. i'm not really close to anyone else around here, so i can't just call them up and say, "hey, i'm bored, wanna hang out?" and video games have gotten boring.

vikingshadow
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, my friends are all working during the day, and once you reach a certain age the house, the family and the job tends to take up all your time so you really don't hang out with friends anymore...I'm truly missing paintball like crazy right now!

I'll send my gamertag to ya, no problem!

For the rest of you, look for either, an old man, the one, abydos 1 or the runs. :p (usually an old man, though.)

Let me know if and when you guys want to play. I'll list your name, and we need to come up with a tag on it - I can't remember the number of letters we can use, though. We can't use SOC though because it's already used by some other group. Guess we could use [KUSA] - like [KUSA]vike? What do ya think?

DFSniper
06-21-2008, 06:14 PM
yeah, that'll work. i know theres an [SOC] on battlefield already.

spray and pray
06-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm game for xbox live. Depends what games though, I sold most of them because I haven't touched my Xbox in over 3-4 months. I still have halo 1 and 2.

bigred76
06-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Hmm, how the hell do I get my 360 to go online with Halo1? I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure it out in the 5min I spent trying to figure it out!

vikingshadow
06-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Guys, I'm not talking about Xbox - I don't even have an Xbox!

bigred76
06-21-2008, 07:53 PM
For Halo, the Xbox and Computer versions are compatible via online play for each other.

vikingshadow
06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah, I see. Ignore my previous post!

Maxx-Damage
06-21-2008, 11:52 PM
For the rest of you, look for either, an old man, the one, abydos 1 or the runs. :p (usually an old man, though.)
Nothing lke killing an old man with A 2x4;)

Id be in, but my dad took Halo away, and i havent been online much...

Team Ramrod
06-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I could give it a go. I own the game, but havent played it much, i think once since I've bought it. I work weekdays from 7:30 till around 4:30 when i get home. I'll try and play with ya if I'm available.

Not sure what my name on it is though.

interceptorMR2
06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
i might play, i've had halo PC for quite a while, its pretty fun too. Im terrible at it, but it sure is fun. I just gotta reinstall it thats all.

dillon
06-22-2008, 12:41 PM
i dont have x-box live but i know of a demo u can download from the computer and play ppl from all around da world if anyone's interested in that?

vikingshadow
06-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm getting on about now (3:00 CST). Should be there for awhile. I'll be playing as an old man. Look me up!

codymm1014
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
So which Halo is everyone going to play? I can play halo 2 or 3, and I have COD4.

if anyone wants my gamertag its "p8ntball 25"

Just send me a message or game invite. My mike doesnt work. :(

BloodLustAC
06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm not active here but I know you guys from PBN Kingman/elsewhere, and I've been playing a lot of CS 1.6 on PC. If you guys wanna start playing that I'm in, I've been equally bored lately too.

vikingshadow
06-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I was wrong. My gamer name is "an old guy" not "an old man." Must be a shot memory!

codymm1014
06-22-2008, 04:01 PM
halo 2 or 3?

HelpDeskHustler
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Vike GT me. I don't play halo but I do hit up COD4 or rainbow six vegas from time to time.

vikingshadow
06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
:thumbup: