PDA

View Full Version : Paint Pursuit Games Announces The Pursuit Pod

druid
06-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Nice idea but only holds 105 paintballs max.

Found at: http://www.68caliber.com/news/industry/story043227.php

Article without pics:

Paint Pursuit Games Announces The Pursuit Pod
By Paint Pursuit Games
Jun 18, 2008, 00:10

There are many advantages to the pursuit pod.
The Pursuit Pod has seven individual chambers within the pod. This isolates movement inside the pod to reduce paintball breakage. If you break a paintball in one of the chambers. The other six chambers aren't affected. Withstands a hit to the pod without breaking paintballs in the pod. Rugged rigid material withstands falls without breaking the pod.

Innovative spring loaded cap with top sliding trap doors.
You can open at the top or open the middle chamber or the
outer chamber to load one chamber at a time by twisting the cap. Great for topping off your hopper when a full pod won't fit in the hopper.

The pod holds 105 paintballs or can be made to hold an exact 100 paintballs. Ideal for field owners. Easy to clean and service. The pods fit in most 140 round pod belt holders.

Paint Pursuit Games

Paintball Field Celebrating 20 years in business. Specializing in Private group outings since 1988.

My personal ideas on this product -
Pros:
1. Individual chambers limit damaged paint from spreading/contaminating the rest
2. Good for scenario games where a sniper can separate field-specific and specially colored "sniper" paint from other 'normal' paint and in the same tubes.
3. Pump Players with 40 round pocket hoppers/BE/Whatever hoppers can use a single stack at a time.
4. Fits all 160 round harnesses/vest pockets.
Cons:
1. only 105 paintballs max
2. Not round at the bottom as most pod holders are designed...although vests may accept them ok.
3. Do we really have time to manipulate the single loader doors?
...and that's all I can think of right now...lol.

Paradox313
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Considering in tourneys, I see people fill their loaders with only like 5 balls, so maybe this will help them learn how to load properly.

LostCause
06-20-2008, 07:05 AM
awwwww...i love wacthing them spill paint though....:D

intresting.....though i dont think i have the skill to open each door seperate :D

HelpDeskHustler
06-20-2008, 07:53 AM
worfless.

fatkidfrompbaz
06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
you need to use a pod and a half to fill up a hopper but its really cool

DRAGON
06-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I have 2 markers that I use a 50rd hopper on. These pods are the perfect resolve to avoid having to fumble with the old 10rd tubes. Not to mention being able to carry them in my regular harness. I'll be getting a few of these soon as they're available. Only thing is, they don't mention a price, hmmmmmm -

slim and shady
06-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I like it I think it could be usefull for pump events, and winter play especialy when your dealing with brittle paint as it is. Dont see any use for it off of a woodsball or scenario feild but I could see it being very usefull there.

Great post druid.

Master Tech
07-02-2008, 02:54 PM
It's overkill for standard loading methods and if you have a 50 round hopper like dragon, you can easily make short tubes out of the standard tubes. If you're curious on how to do it, let me know.

Also, try shoving it into the loading gate of a true rock 'n cock stock tube gun...:confused:

slim and shady
07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
^goot point.

DRAGON
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Thing with a short fat topped pod is, the neck on a 50 rounder is about 1/4 the size of today's hoppers. You'll spill paint all over the place using a wide necked pod even though it has been shortened. I have for years rubberbanded 2 10 rd tubes together so I can get more paint loaded in 1 action. I've been looking for something like this pod for quite a while. IMO it's perfect for my needs -

Master Tech
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm sure there are players that will find this useful but for me I'll stick with tradition. If I'm playing a true stock class game with no gravity feed then I'll used 10 round tubes and for modified pump I just use a Revy and rarely have to reload the whole game.

druid
07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
agreed that it's not for everyone.

I have my OS 40 round Pocket Hopper for my 68 Magnum and its mouth, like stated above, is only marginally larger than a 10 round tube. An off-note would be that this hopper was designed when the tubes were aluminum...hehheh. There are 2 sets of "claws" that stick into the mouth to hold the tube in place and a normal pod would spill, wasting time and paint.

phatphil
07-05-2008, 02:23 PM
The problem with creating a pod to solve the problem of loading broken paint in your hopper, is that you usually do not notice it's broken until it's already been dumped in. To expect someone to take that much time out of the game to inspect a pod (in speedball at least) is laughable. Although it does fill the small niche that Dragon described, I don't see this being a mainstream product at all.