PDA

View Full Version : My new marker

aodsnyper
02-26-2006, 05:28 PM
so i decided it was time to try something different, here's my new marker...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/aodsnyper/Ion/leftside.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/aodsnyper/Ion/backangle.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/aodsnyper/Ion/frontangle.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/aodsnyper/Ion/lyingdown.jpg

i haven't put any rounds through it yet, just dry firing and adjusting the dwell. i just finished adding my bits and pieces to it and it is pretty much complete cosmetically except for an ano job.

Justin

thechubbss12
02-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Ahh sad days.. people selling spyders for IONs =(

Its a very clean nice looking ion. I hope you enjoy it.

Moe
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
not bad. how are you gonna anno it??

shunut
02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Hmmm, another Ion. At least you've done a couple nice things to it. I look forward to seeing the anno that you do. How do you like it? Better that the Spyder?

aodsnyper
02-26-2006, 07:28 PM
don't fret, i still have my "Classic", it's just going to be my "playing back home with the boys" marker. non-electronic and still single trigger. i wanted a new marker for tournys, and since i never got around to installing eyes in the BLM and the fact that the T-board (or any board) isn't capable of tourny legal ramping, i decided to opt for something else that has eyes and PSP ramping available.

the ano is going to be all dust red (well mostly) matching the Ultralite back. not sure when it is going to be done, i just need a long enough break between tournaments to send it in.

i haven't actually shot it yet, that will come tomorrow. i'm still in the recouperating process after my 27th b-day party last night (and the night before). i'm gonna put some balls through it and chrony it to see where it's at.

Justin

Ares
02-26-2006, 07:31 PM
what body is that?

ooglieboogliebob
02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
nice gun :)

aodsnyper
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
the "specs", if you will, are as follows:

-'05 Powerlyte shell
-CCM No-Pro feedneck
-Kila Reaction detents
-Custom Products Roller trigger
-Smart Parts Gas-Thru foregrip
-Smart Parts 360 QEV
-DYE Ultralite Kit

Justin

colonel_moo
02-27-2006, 12:08 PM
replace that foregrip with a reg and you'll be all set. two regs is better than one.

phatphil
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Looks very sick. Let me know how you like the CP trigger, I'm thinking about getting one.

two regs is better than one.
I disagree with that. I would think it depends on how consistent the reg on your gun is. Say your tank output consistency is +/- 2 fps. If you have a crappy reg, like a stock cocker reg, I would think you would have worse consistency then if you would have had just a gas-thru. Even if you feed that cocker reg +/- 2 fps, you don't have any guarantee it will output the same, like you do with a gas-thru grip.

colonel_moo
02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
i didnt say get a crappy reg :dodgy:

aodsnyper
02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
i can't run a secondary reg, the Max-Flo is LP (0-250psi). besides, i don't like secondary regs... almost everybody uses one, i don't really like the look of any of them out there, and the Maxxy is, IMO, more consistant, higher flowing and has an excellent recharge rate which i couldn't possibly find in one other reg.

plus to do that it would cost me at least another $150 for a cheap tank and reg... closer to $300.

besides, the gas-thru is dead sexy on there.

the CP trigger is fantastic! i wanted a trigger that would have a similar feel to the Thrasher i had in my BLM. this one looked close, but that is where the similarities end. i now love roller bearing triggers! this one is so smooth and somewhat simple to install. adjustment are easy and they look good to boot. the magnetic return is adjustable so you are bound to find a setting you prefer. granted this is the only Ion trigger i've used (besides stock) but i would definately recommend it.

justin

ricochet08
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
o yea....that's hot :waytogo: