PDA

View Full Version : Not recocking

smilexelectric
06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Well my gun has been broke since the second day I have gotten it. At first the bolt was upside down, gas was leaking due to broken striker o-ring. Just bought the striker buffer and put it in since I lost the other one. My gun just wont re-cock now, can someone please help me?

deano 177
06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
make sure that the original striker buffer is not infront of the striker. Will it shoot a paintball? If it will make sure that the fps is turned up. the marker should fire without the striker buffer. Try taking the marker to the place where you bought it and see if the guys there can look at it.

Steps to try:

1. Make sure you have plenty of CO2 or HPA.
2. Strip the marker down once again and check for issues.
3. Re-assemble it correctly and lube the orings.
4. Try the marker.
5. Post back here if it still does not work.

cyberthrasher_706
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah, and make sure the striker's in the right way, the end with the little nipple on it should face the valve. That's what hit's your valve pin and lets air through to recock the bolt.

Zee
06-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Most of the time something not in the right way or lack of lubricant. Same thing happened to me, I just lubed up the stiker and away she went.

smilexelectric
06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
well I took it to the shop and he fixed it, went to play and it's not recocking AGAIN. I just bought a huge o-ring kit and I dont know the sizes of any of the o-rings on the gun but this has every size, so what size o rings go where?

cyberthrasher_706
06-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Since I can't remember where I found the size list I had before, I'm just going to suggest taking the old ones off and comparing the size that way. Did you find out from the local shop what was wrong exactly and did you verify it was, indeed, fixed?

smilexelectric
06-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Well he said it wasn't lubed right and the right size o rings weren't there.

Well last night I fixed it I was pushing a piece out of my gun with a magnet rod(only thing long enough) and the rod had a clip to hang it from you shirt with, guess what I pulled out? The old striker buffer that I thought I had lost, and already ordered.

It shoots now, I lubed the o-ring's that the manual told me to lube. Now I am good to go, thank you for helping me everyone.

Zee
06-29-2008, 09:05 AM
You see....its all about the lube

slim and shady
06-29-2008, 09:06 AM
And by the sounds of it where your striker buffer is placed........and how many you have in the gun ;) LOL

But I do agree the MR1 is picky when it comes to the oiling it.

cyberthrasher_706
06-29-2008, 11:10 AM
On another note, I wouldn't suggest using anything metal to fish things out of the gun. You don't want to start scratching things up. I usually just use a brand new pencil with the eraser end.

deano 177
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
make sure that the original striker buffer is not infront of the striker.:dodgy:

slim and shady
06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
^ Lol

Erlkonig
07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
O-ring sizes are as follows:

Slim Striker (Newer Spyders, Red in color) - 9/16"x11/16"x1/16" - Polyurethane

Valve - 9/16"x11/16"x1/16" - Nitrile or Buna-N

Bolt - 9/16"x11/16"x1/16" - Polyurethane

Barrel - 9/16"x11/16"x1/16" - Nitrile or Buna-N

Tank - 9/16"x11/16"x1/16" - Polyurethane

The following info was selectively taken from the otter site as saved on archive.org. As some of you know the site appears to have gone down, I wonder if it was a matter or not getting the donations to keep it alive, I was waiting for the bubbles to come out, but i should have avoided being "greedy" as I was already getting something in return by way of his invaluable knowledge on all our spyder markers. If it ever does come back up I will certainly be sure to donate ASAP and periodically throughout the year...

That being said you can still access the info via the following link. I know I am going to save all the pages so I will always have access to it in the event it leaves this site as well:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070811001353/http://www.ottersccustoms.com/