PDA

View Full Version : Freak or J&J ?

Zee
06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Which barrel is better overall...14 to 16 inch barrel.

Categories Are:
Accuracy
Durability
Cleanability
Overall Quality

shark
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
freak cuz you can use different inserts for different ball sizes

DisIsMyUsername
06-18-2008, 06:04 PM
ur asking between a freak and a JnJ and then whether 14/16?

I'm gonna go with the freak because of compatibility. Looks nicer too.

I have a spyder threaded one for sale. What marker is it for

Zee
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
MR1. I bought an M16 tac barrel 16". It looks awsome but it shoots awful. So i wanna get a good barrel, most likely 14", that boosts accuracy.

Zee
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
And for the looks department....do this.
http://www.crewchiefpb.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=1

irishwarrior
06-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Accuracy is just based on paint-to-barrel match, unless there is a significant problem with the barrel that's all there is to it.

DisIsMyUsername
06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
yea. thats why the freak is better cause its got 8 different inserts to match with paint.

DFSniper
06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
J&J Edge Elite Kit > SP Full Freak Kit moneywise. you can get the elite for under $100 on ebay!

meric
06-18-2008, 08:38 PM
yea. thats why the freak is better cause its got 8 different inserts to match with paint.

You know I always here about matching paint but whenever I ask someone about a certain brand of paint compared to a barrel no one knows. I am supposed to "test it out my self'. does anyone know of some sort of chart or site that details the bore size ratio.

Jungle_Expert
06-18-2008, 08:53 PM
I recomend the lengh to be 14" because 16" is just a waist of air...

DisIsMyUsername
06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
You know I always here about matching paint but whenever I ask someone about a certain brand of paint compared to a barrel no one knows. I am supposed to "test it out my self'. does anyone know of some sort of chart or site that details the bore size ratio.

here you go homie.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html

DFSniper
06-19-2008, 03:11 AM

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrels.html

vikingshadow
06-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I recomend the lengh to be 14" because 16" is just a waist of air...

True, but not really true. While it uses a TINY bit more air, it's not enough to really matter - maybe a couple dozen shots at most. And with all day air at most places anymore, so what? There's the rub - there's no real benefit/difference between a 14" and a 16" except that a 16" barrel gives you two more inches to push through some underbrush if you're playing in the woods, and allows you to play tighter against an air bunker.

IMO, a 12"-14" barrel LOOKS better on most guns these days. Because of the smaller length, it's easier to move a barrel on target more which results in getting your paint down field faster. If you consider that only the first 5"-8" of the barrel is used to any benefit - then the rest of the length is just preference.

By the way, I have both kits and I think both the Freak and J&J are equal as far as barrel kits go, IMO. While a full Freak kit may have 8 inserts, I've only used maybe 3-4 of them ever. Usually just 2-3 actually. The J&J kit is obviously cheaper, and uses single bore backs rather than inserts. The one I have actually came in odd sizes, but still matched paint well enough. I think my Freak was quieter because I use an AA on the front, but they both aren't super loud. The J&J is lighter. If I were to list them both they would come out with equal numbers, but not necessarily the same pros and cons.

Now, if you're open to suggestions. I've been using a Lucky 15 barrel (old style) for the past several months, and I think that is MUCH better than both those kits. The thing with this kit is that they are all single bore barrels, no inserts or backs. IMO, I'd say this does make a bit of a difference.

Zee
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I just ordered a 14" J&J off of ebay. Good deal. Thanks for the help everyone.

BioHazard
06-20-2008, 08:11 PM
16'' waists air and the extra friction slows the paint down