PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my electra 08 very quiet?

nirvana21
06-17-2008, 05:24 PM
i already have the jj ceramic 14 inches. i heard u can change the bolt to make it quieter, is it true? if it is, what kind?

and any specific barrel to make it quieter? i heard the pepper stick is quiet too

Ace24
06-17-2008, 06:59 PM
JJ Ceramic 14" is quiet. ACP bolts also helped quiet down my MR1.

Master Tech
06-20-2008, 07:05 PM
A venturi style bolt will greatly reduce the report signature of any gun, but the down side to this is the airflow is restricted which warrants an increase in operating pressure to compensate.

xmodfreak2011
06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
those are all good suggestions but were talking about a blow back marker. it will always be loud.

The Pumper
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
i'd get a new hammer
ACP i believe makes a nice hammer. It'd reduce the kick at the very least.

Ace24
06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
New hammer would reduce mechanical noise. Forgot about that.

Venturi style bolts are not quieter in my experience. My ACP without a venturi has a higher flow and is much quieter then the stock venturi.

With the barrel, look for one with decent porting. The idea behind porting is to reduce the shot signature so that you don't hear it from the front. It also allows for the barrel to sort of clean it's self if you chop a ball.

skyline10
07-04-2008, 08:56 AM
there is also a part for spyders called volumizers which replace the low pressure chamber that reduce some noise.

spray and pray
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
low pressure chambers don't change the sound signiture at all... All it does is increase the volume.

skyline10
07-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Volumizers reduce noise on some stock low pressure chambers.

vikingshadow
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Never heard of that - since it doesn't have anything to do with what happens BEHIND the valve, I doubt it'd have anything to do with removing noise. In fact, there are some studies that show that LPC/volumizers aren't really even necessary on most guns.

Really, when you break down what causes noise in a Spyder, the only thing that causes it are the striker, bolt, air flow through the FRONT of the barrel, a steel tank (causes a ping sound sometimes) and the loader. Focus on fixing those causes and you have a quieter gun.

My suggestion:

1. Barrel with more porting - porting that is preferably angled away from the shooter.
2. Low pressure operation.
3. Higher flowing valve and bolt.
4. Lighter striker.
5. Tank cover
6. Loader that only feeds when gun is shot - not continuous agitating.

hovel138
07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I just installed an ACP striker on my RS a few days ago and love it. It did quiet down the mechanical action some, but most noticeable to me it reduced the kick. I would definitely recommend an ACP striker.