PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

KingJester
06-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Is it possible to connect the Halo B on the side of the MR2 and use a Warp Feed or QLoader tube and feedneck. I think it might be possible and could work since the Halo B is force feed loader. Just wondering if anybody has tried this or also thought about this mod. The only problem I could see would be finding a way to mount the Halo B on the side (left) of the MR2 without getting in the way and being to high. I was thinking that you could attach a bracket of some sorts to the rail screw holes on top. but attaching the halo to that would be the thing to figure out plus those screw holes might not be able to take the weight.

Any ideas. If I can figure this out it could be a poor mans low profile feeder and make the MR2 rock.

So what are your ideas on how to mount the Halo B on the side of the marker and do you think this mod could properly feed the marker with paint?

DFSniper
06-17-2008, 11:07 AM
you could just get a warp feed itself and stick the halo on that. that would knock out a lot of custom fabricated parts.

KingJester
06-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I could but there has got to be a way to just have the Halo. If you keep the bracket or whatever it may be to fasten the Halo to the marker and use a warp feed or qloader tube and feedneck your set. I just dont want to have to buy a another hopper which is what the qloader essentially is and the warp feed cost just about the same amount.

Still looking for the solution and hoping for some good ideas.

sneekypete
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM
If you can make a bracket that will hold the Halo can you some how mount it to the shroud ie: drill and tap a few holes. I have no idea of what to use for a bracket though.

KingJester
06-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I was thinking metal fastners maybe something like a hex head screw clamp. Fasten that behind the mag just behind the feedneck clamp a bracket to it and try to figure hout how to get the Halo clamped to the bracket.
This is going going to take some time. I might take it to the machine shop and see what they suggest.

sneekypete
06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Taking it to a machine shop is a great idea. Thye might be able to come up with something

KingJester
06-18-2008, 07:28 PM
i just zipped tied it right now to see where it would need to be placed for maximum effectiveness. here is the cool thing. the rip drive places perfectly by the thumb so if the batteries did got out your thumb would be in the right place to move it without you having to drop the marker as before if you shot right handed. Also the plastic feedneck shows a rough angle of where a qloader or warp feed hose would go. Again the zip ties are there to show approximate position of Halo.

Here is a pic of front and side:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/gpaynephoto/_DRC6912.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/gpaynephoto/_DRC6939.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/gpaynephoto/_DRC6928.jpg

sneekypete
06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Lookimg at the zip ties could you not do the same thing with a hose clamp ( not sure if they come that big ).

Lonus
06-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Does a halo feed with enough force to push balls through any kind of length of hose?

malJohann
06-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Does a halo feed with enough force to push balls through any kind of length of hose?

Good point. I tested this with my standard VLocity Junior just last week. Put some 1" plumbing pipe together with two 90 bends, coupled it with my raceway and flipped the switch. It only got up to feeding 8 balls vertically before grinding to a halt. It'll likely get further with a better chip or higher voltage, but so far that's it and I don't know what BPS it'll be capable of.

KingJester
06-20-2008, 08:11 AM

You know I don't know. My next step is to try it properly with a Qloader or Warpfeed tube. If the length of the tube can be kept short enough so there is not much drag on the paint then in theory it should work. So know I have to find the tube and feedneck attachment. BPS is not a big concern for me since most scenario games I have played only allow semi-auto or some ramping.

As soon as I can get the tubes an feedneck Ill post back here. And if anybody has both a Halo B and Qloader tube see if you can do it so you can save me some time and a bit of money.

Oh and a hose clamp is also called a hex head screw clamp. I thought about that also. Problem would be putting it around the door of the loader.

sneekypete
06-21-2008, 08:47 AM
You know I don't know. My next step is to try it properly with a Qloader or Warpfeed tube. If the length of the tube can be kept short enough so there is not much drag on the paint then in theory it should work. So know I have to find the tube and feedneck attachment. BPS is not a big concern for me since most scenario games I have played only allow semi-auto or some ramping.

As soon as I can get the tubes an feedneck Ill post back here. And if anybody has both a Halo B and Qloader tube see if you can do it so you can save me some time and a bit of money.

Oh and a hose clamp is also called a hex head screw clamp. I thought about that also. Problem would be putting it around the door of the loader.
Good point. For the feed neck attachment try looking at plumbing store. Their elbows, because they are PVC seem easy to work with. Finding the right size for both ends might be a problem. I have not been able to find the right size here in Medicine Hat but you might have better luck. I think it is called a fitted elbow. You will know it is the right one because it pretty much looks like the standard Q-loader elbow.

KingJester
06-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Sneak thanks for the part description. Ill look at lowes or home depot. Ive got several other fastener type stores to check also for that part. If I can keep keep the amount of 90 degree angles to one this should work. MalJohan brings up a good point about power. I dismissed it earlier but now Im thinking hes got a very good point. But if i can keep the tube short that might help with that solution.
Still if this works it would make the MR2 sing and be a good close quarters combat marker and a light suppressing fire maker.
Does a new chip board in the Halo add more power to how it feeds or just make it feed faster with the same amount of force?

sneekypete
06-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Sorry I know nothing about the Halo

KingJester
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
im still trying to figure this out in my free time its taking a while. but i think i have a solution and as soon as i can get the pieces of the puzzle i will post them here.

if you guys still have suggestions please post them here any and all good or bad would help the creative flow.

malJohann
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Does a new chip board in the Halo add more power to how it feeds or just make it feed faster with the same amount of force?

If the chip does not add power, you can always just boost it, since upping the voltage will definately add more power.

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 07:54 AM
If the chip does not add power, you can always just boost it, since upping the voltage will definately add more power.

And burn your board out.

balu
07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
for a feed tube why dont you order parts from qloader?
http://www.qloader.com/upgrades.html

The feed tube is like $2.50 no hard angle, nice smooth path for balls and less work on the hopper.
As well as gun mounts,neck feeds etc.

malJohann
07-20-2008, 10:34 PM
And burn your board out.

It's what Boost Custom Paintball did with their Boosted HALO: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/boosthalo/

slim and shady
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I would emagin (however im not positive) that they would have put messures in place as well to insure that it wouldnt hurt the board.

malJohann
07-22-2008, 03:25 AM
I would emagin (however im not positive) that they would have put messures in place as well to insure that it wouldnt hurt the board.

Nope. The only circuit that protects anything with their mods is the one protecting the lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack. They even have a "Boost" switch that ups the power to 12v.

So standard voltage on a HALO is 9v, the Boosted HALO normally runs at 10.4v, but can be upped to 12v with the "Boost" switch. I may even try this with my VLocity Junior.

Boosted HALO article: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/boosthalo/

slim and shady
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Try it and let me know how it turns out.

balu
07-30-2008, 07:43 AM
is it OK i am going to try this with a Draxuss Pules loader

dangerous_encounter
08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
if u get it to work post some pic so i can see how it looks. because i was thinking of a q-loader or get a halo n warp feed it or something like tat. ok good luck:)