PDA

View Full Version : Bolt action

irishwarrior
06-17-2008, 05:13 AM
OK, so I have an MR1 in a sniper rifle body. For pics go here (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=206062#post206062). Couple questions, one, how do I disable the blowback so it allows me to recock it manually without causing an air leak? I know Vike did it but, I don't know if it would work for an MR1 or not. Second, How could I attach the bolt handle the airsoft gun came with to the actual bolt?

vikingshadow
06-17-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm unfamiliar with the valve on an MR1, so I'm not sure this would work. But it's worth a shot.

First, the best way to do this part is to just use a T1 pin or a Trilogy pin. However, I wasn't able to find one of those, so I modificed mine. You need JB Weld, a stick (to mix it together), file, high grit sandpaper, and a cordless screwdriver (not actually necessary for this, but extremely helpful.

Rough up the flat spot on the pin with a file, you don't have to do much to accomplish that, then mix up equal parts of the weld stuff. You only need a very small amount. Put it on the pin and let it set for a minute or two, then shape it more in the "roundish" shape of the pin. This will help later on when you have to sand it to polish it. Let it set for a couple of days (I did a week - although it's cured much, much quicker than that. I just got busy doing other things!) Take the metal pin out of the cup seal, clamp it into a cordless screw driver, take some sandpaper (something high, like 600 - 1000 grit because you don't want to remove too much at a time!) wrap the paper around the pin, and turn the screwdriver on. It will really help keep the round shape of the pin, plus made it smooth in the process. Don't go too small because it'll defeat the purpose which is to completely block the valve opening!

Second, take the oring off your striker.

This should be enough to stop blowback.

For your second request, I'd have to see the actual bolt and the bolt handle before I could help on that. It probably wouldn't be too tough, but may take some body modificiation. Again, I'd have to see them before I could make that decision.

irishwarrior
06-17-2008, 06:56 AM
OK, thanks vike. Here are the pics for the bolt handle and bolt.

Bolt handle:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/Photo36.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/Photo37.jpg

Bolt:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/Photo38.jpg

The bolt is about 2 or so inches into the body of the gun. I didn't put up pics of the bolt itself 'cause it's a pain to put back in, but, if you need a pic of it I'll get one.

vikingshadow
06-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Seems to me that you could cut away the body (be careful not to cut into the section where any orings on the bolt might reach) from the back of the bolt. Then you can probably slip the round cap looking part of the bolt handle over the back of the bolt, attach it securely, then use it to move the bolt back and forth.

You're going to have to do one of two things, though. You're going to need to either slot the striker so the bolt moves independently of the striker. This will be important if you disable the blowback. Or - it might be easier for you in this case - just disconnect the bolt from the striker and not worry about disabling the blowback. The striker will recock every time, but the bolt will have to be moved manually.

DFSniper
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM
got just the thing, let me pull it up...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2079550

its one of the links in my Pump Tutorial.

irishwarrior
06-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys, great ideas! I think I'l just disconnect the bolt.

irishwarrior
06-21-2008, 01:36 PM
So how could I disconnect the striker from the bolt while still being able to cock the striker when I air up?

DFSniper
06-21-2008, 01:38 PM
hmm, get a longer pin that sits in the striker, then cut a groove (basically widening the original hole) in the bolt so that the bolt can move sideways but not back and forth.

irishwarrior
06-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry, but could you explain that a little more? How would allowing the bolt to move sideways allow me to manually cock the bolt and cock the striker?

EDIT: Never mind, I stopped being an idiot long enough to remember vike's tutorial about the pump conversion.

DFSniper
06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
yeah, like that. i completely forgot about it becoming a pump...

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 07:39 AM
OK, I've started slotting the striker. Though, wouldn't have to mod it further? Isn't the bolt moving forward what causes the air to push out the paintball? How could I get it so it could fire from a closed-bolt position?

vikingshadow
06-26-2008, 11:28 AM
You may have to up the pressure a bit, but other than that, it should fire. You could mod your gun to have as many wide open passages as possible (mod the va by drilling out the air passage more, mod your bolt to allow more air flow, mod your LPC, so on...) but you shouldn't have to.

irishwarrior
06-26-2008, 12:24 PM
OK, cool. Thanks again Vike!

irishwarrior
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, I've finished slotting the striker and it works well, thanks again Vike! I just need to get a new striker o-ring and I can air it up.