PDA

View Full Version : Oh........my............GOD........!!!!!!!!!

druid
06-16-2008, 12:58 AM
.........I gotta get me one of THESE!!!!! (http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-0.html)

DFSniper
06-16-2008, 02:55 AM
holy crap!

spray and pray
06-16-2008, 04:03 AM
fun fun fun until daddy took the flashlight?

:dodgy:

I want to order one :)

Sandman_Bravo
06-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I've seen those before; they came out about a year and a half ago. I think I read somewhere that some people encountered burn out issues with the flashlight after only a short period of time. That would suck, especially given the pricetag.

irishwarrior
06-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Good Lord! A flashlight you can COOK with?!?! I NEED ONE!

TheDarkShadow
06-16-2008, 05:57 AM
looks dangerous, it should say "Keep Out of Reach of Children", but cool none the less

LostCause
06-16-2008, 06:30 AM
i want it....

DirtySouth
06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow...I wonder what happens if you point it towards your eye...:)

HelpDeskHustler
06-16-2008, 08:12 AM
if it was dark and you pointed that at your eye quickly, you'd probably go blind for at least an extended period of time. The intensity spike would be great enough to break something. it burns paper in a few seconds so it would probably be the equivalent of looking into a magnifying glass, directly at the sun.

XSiv Force
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey ive actually got one of those.......ive actually light a match with it before

druid
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Pics or shens on that...lol.

leed
06-16-2008, 09:21 AM
300 dollars for something that lasts 15 minutes per charge.. I'm not sure I see the functionality here.. Plus it can light stuff on fire? I guess I just don't see the purpose. Perhaps if it were adjustable for intensity, and lasted more than 15 minutes, I'd be a bigger fan of it.

HelpDeskHustler
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
It seems to me that the purpose behind this flashlight may be one along the lines of "why not?" when in fact a much better question, as leed pointed out, would be "why?". I'm not sure a flashlight that blinds people is the kind of defense you really want, nor would it make as a good camping flashlight, since you could accidentally light trees on fire and blind fellow campers.

VS3 Sniper
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Seems Like a rip off to me because of the poor battery life. But other than that its sick!

bamf-hacker
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
it is just a Torchire lamp in a portable housing.

If you took a piece of paper and put it on a Torcire lamp it would ignite that fast too. That is why the company stopped making the halogen version. Too many curtains went up in flames.

Ace24
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
The pyro inside of me just leaped for joy.

DFSniper
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
lol!

another cool one is the $10 one they sell at spencers! it has 7 LED bulbs surrounding a laser pointer that can reach REALLY far. this girl my friend knows that works there said they point it at the back wall of the GAP across the hall and mess with people all day! we picked one up, but we still need to find a flashlight mount for under his barrel.

badlandsrox
06-16-2008, 01:46 PM
im sure that this is more for the novelty than the functionality, like I mean say your having a bonfire with a bunch of friends, so your like "ahhh **** i dont have any matches", so everyone is pissed, then you bring out your flashlight, and everyones like oh yeah, thats really going to help, then you light your fire with a flashlight, that would make for an interesting conversation peice... lol.

I had for awhile a big "spotlight" flashlight, that was about 20 pounds with a harness to hold it, and ran off a car battery, but could light an area about 3/4 of a mile long, and at teh 3/4 of a mile, the width was better than 800 feet of almost daylight... functional? not really... something fun to bring out at night while camping, at the lake, or around a firepit...? Heck Yes!

(We also made a cover to go over it that made a batman signal... it made for some pretty fun times, especially one time when a cop drove by on the highway, he came searching for the source of the light haha.