PDA

View Full Version : I NEED some help

unknown3540
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Ok, so I bought a spyder mr2. I feel like the sight rail is a little to low for me when I have a mask on, so I know (or atleast I think) I want a raised sight rail. I bought a qloader for it and purchased the cms upgrade sp8 mod kit so everything would fit well. I have a heavy duty remote, and a compressed air hpa tank. I'd love to get a sly dual carbon barrel but at 200 dollars for the one I want, it's def. on the wish list (but everyone has something on the wish list).

Here is my question, what are some cheap upgrades that i could get, or what are some that i NEED to get?

slim and shady
06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
First check out the stickies that will pretty well answear your questions.

Popular upgrades include

-Timmy detents
-ACP bolt
-Trinity locking T neck (however with the Q-loader this is oof your list, especilly if you have the new one with eyes.)
-Barrels (you named one you want)
-Stock, the 6 position car stock is most popular.

you could go lp and get regs and the like to I would check out the sticjies and go from there. Hope that helps

EDIT: Forgot to mention welcome to the forums.

cyberthrasher_706
06-12-2008, 09:04 PM
with your qloader, you'll want a cheap electric hopper, like the $20 VL Force, to replace the SILO, that thing is a Pain and only causes bad loads.

Lonus
06-13-2008, 02:52 AM
^^^^^^^^^ So true on the qloader. Make sure that barrel will fit in the mr2's shroud.

unknown3540
06-15-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks guys, i think this will help a lot. I'm really just wanting to build a gun with as few breaks as possible. it seems everyone has different opinions on what works and what doesn't, simply based on experences. sense i'm new at the sport, it's really tough to sort out what's fact and what's fiction, specially because there is so many conflicting views. It's tough to also find out basics, like how to swap bolts and what every part is called. there's no paintball field around and not to many serious players.

cyberthrasher_706
06-16-2008, 10:48 AM
best thing I can suggest there is just learn you marker inside and out. Get the manual for it and tear it apart, clean & oil it, put it back together. If you learn all the parts and what they do then whenever something goes wrong or you want to upgrade something, you'll know exactly where to start.

another suggestion for the q-loader is to make sure you follow those instructions about how to cut the hose length, that will prevent most of your chops in a heart-beat.

sneekypete
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
What cyberthrasher said. Before I got my Q-loader I read everything I could about it, I even went to their web site and read the manual. Once I got the Q-loader I had a good idea of what I wanted and it was rather easy to hook up. Other than detent problems ( Timmy's hard to get ) it runs great.

Taking the gun apart is a great suggestion. I did it and it helped me lots. I just started paintball last year and form tinkering with the gun and reading these forums I have learned a ton.