PDA

View Full Version : Going Lp

blaineanator
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
im sort of a newb and i have a acs refurb (good!) and getting hpa 48/3000 tank and macro i need to know the easiest/cheapest way to go lp and get a lot of shots thanks!:)

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
reg, spring kit, new valve, probably a new VA [trinity is the best IMO]

Sandman_Bravo
06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
This is the ternal question, is it not? Should one invest hundreds of dollars (which you eventually will) to convert to LP or should one invest in an entry level electro-pnuematic marker? (like an Ion, SP1, PMR, or SLG) Unless you can find all used parts at a great price, I'd say the money is better spent on a different marker. I myself invested around $300 in converting, but the journey (the tinkering) was the enjoyable part; so I considered it worthwhile.
Valve 35
valve pin 10
hi-flo cupseal 7
Titanium hammer 45
reg 45
va 40
bolt 35
macro-line and fittings 30
asa and rail 45
feedneck 30
grips 30
barrel 40

You do the math...

pb34
06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree completely with Sandman. I chose to make the journey and while it was great and I don't plan on selling the gun anytime soon the money I invested could have bought me a high end gun.

RellikLaerec
06-12-2008, 09:56 PM
It's worth the tinkering! What I have to say is if you are going to start this, look around everywhere before you buy parts! You can do this for not a whole lot. I think I have $100 tops in the LP set up. Add the other stuff that doesn't affect the pressure, and I have another $100. Just take your time and google the parts you want and compare the prices. What most people over look is the shipping. I've found several sites where the part was cheaper than anywhere else, but the shipping was a killer. Factor in the shipping always! Check out ebay too. I've won a lot of good deals there. Time and patience is the key to getting the best price.
Start with what Pumper suggested first. Those are the essentials to going LP. After that, hammer and bolt are next on the list. There are a lot of different brands of parts. Just start googling, research, and then figure out what you want to spend. I've had a lot of fun building mine. Wish it wasn't over so soon. Guess my next step is getting an old spyder body that's still good and start hacking it down! Have fun!

nicklenn
06-12-2008, 11:15 PM
it depends of it you like to tinker. personally, i do so i went ahead and went with the LP route. took my time and tracked down all the parts needed at a fairly reasonable price. ended up spending around $140. it takes a lot of time and research though. if you're just a point and shoot kind of guy then i'd suggest saving up for a LP marker then.

~nick

DFSniper
06-13-2008, 02:37 AM
here's the cheapest way to do it:
do all the home mods on Otter's site. (www.ottersccustoms.com)
get a $10 spring kit
get the Magnaport valve ($10)
get an Evil Detonator ($15)
get a used spyder VA to replace the pilot one ($5-$10)

and that should get your gun in the LP range

blaineanator
06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
how many more shots would i get if i went lp

The Pumper
06-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Alot. Idk about exact numbers, but the less pressure you use per shot, the more shots you get per fill

nicklenn
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
depends on how efficient you set the gun up but a lot of people just about double their shots per tank. i gained about 75% on mine.

~nick

blaineanator
06-16-2008, 08:27 PM
whats a va and evil detanator thanks :cool:

RellikLaerec
06-16-2008, 08:56 PM
VA is Vertical Adapter, and Evil Detonator is a name of a regulator. If you really want to go low pressure, I highly recommend you visit this site (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html) and read it over completely before you start buying anything. That way you will have a very good understanding of what everything does and also how to go about it!

blaineanator
06-17-2008, 09:04 AM
whats a va! where is it on the gun, what does it do, does the acs have one?

nicklenn
06-17-2008, 09:14 AM
follow the airline up to the front grip. the regulator will replace the front grip. the piece the t-shaped block that the grip attaches to is the VA. the stock VA doesn't have asa threads in the bottom of it so that's why it needs to be replaced to run a regulator as most all regulators have asa threads on the top of them. lp chamber is sticking out the front of the VA.

~nick

blaineanator
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
will i have to replace the lpc to?

nicklenn
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
nope.

blaineanator
06-17-2008, 05:41 PM
thankz a bunch :D

nicklenn
06-17-2008, 05:42 PM