PDA

View Full Version : Ok I Want to "Pimp Out" My Pilot

Adampff
06-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok well I have been thinking of what I should do with my Spyder Pilot ACS lately whether I should sell it or keep it as a backup gun or really try to make it a good gun. I have finally decided I want to try to "Pimp it out".:p

One of the main reasons I want to do this is because I have seen some other people on these forums with some pretty cool looking spyders that seem like they would perform quite well, like Sandman Bravo with his LP Pilot and Carbine with his "Hornet" which is a Spyder VS1 I believe. They have inspired me to try to upgrade my Spyder Pilot ACS so its a little above the average Spyder:o

First I just want to say I am going to try to keep my Spyder going with CO2:rolleyes: I know it's not the best air source, but I am on somewhat of a tight budget and I know it can be done because Carbine's "Hornet" runs of CO2 if I remember right. My Pilot as of right now has just the bare essentials( I know it isnt much but give me a break, it will get better)

Spyder Pilot ACS
CCM No Rise Feedneck
14" J&J Ceramic 1 Piece Barrel
Black Dye Sticky Grips 3

As you can see I have the very basics. What shoud be my next step on upgrading my Spyder? I was thinking a regulator, and since I am going to be sticking with CO2 I was thinking a Palmers Regulator would work nicely. But if I do get a new regulator dont I need another upgrade or an adapter because the Spyder Pilot doesnt have standard threading correct?:confused: Also after that what should I do? Where should I go then?

Thanks for Reading, Adampff

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Threading is for macro.
You need a new valve and probably a spring kit. You will also may want to get an offset adapter to go below the frame so you can use any on/off or asa you want.
Also, I'd look into a new hammer/striker if you want less kick without messing with the air pressure.
If you want eyes, get it drilled/tapped for eyes then get some new eyes, a new board and then eye covers.

Options are endless.

florios
06-12-2008, 02:46 PM
=\ i kind of like the kick on mine makes it feel more like a gun :)

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Well it depends on if he likes it or not. Going LP will also reduce the kick. I'm sure you know what LP means, so I wont bore you with the details.

Adampff
06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the help The Pumper, I will probaly get a new Hammer to reduce the kick. Also a new valve and all that will be coming pretty soon, first I will look into a regulator.

TheDarkShadow
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
upgrade your asa

adapter>> http://www.paintball-online.com/paintball/CP-Spyder-Drop-Adapter_prod_DFCSPDA_BLK_127
cp on/off asa>> http://www.paintball-online.com/paintball/CP-Direct-Mount-On-Off-ASA_prod_BLCPDM_BK_127

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 03:28 PM
if you want a quick, easy way to reduce the kick, lighter hammer will help alot!
But going LP is a fun project and will have kick like any high end if done correctly.

Adampff
06-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok thanks TheDarkShadow I will definetly look into that.

And the lighter hammer is one of the top things on my list, it will feel nice to not have as much kick. =]

TheDarkShadow
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
trinity sick roller bearing trigger>> http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+211

palmers stab reg>> http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-catalog/stabilizer-male.htm

Adampff
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks again DarkShadow, those links are very helpful, much appreciated.

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 04:18 PM
If you want a cheaper reg, look into the evil detonator.
but if youre set on a palmers then go for it. just recommending cheaper regs.

TheDarkShadow
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
trinity front block (15* back) >> http://www.criticalpaintball.com/TRINITY_SPYDER_FRONT_BLOCK_p/trinity_spyderfrontblock.htm

evil detonator >> http://www.discountpaintball.com/evil-detonator-inline-regulator-p-1908.html

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 04:58 PM
oh ya..trinity blocks are nice
i had the reverse angle. They are pretty nice.
I think so far you can have a sick gun lol

lmk if you need anymore help

Adampff
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Lol yeah I agree, so far everything put together would make a pretty good gun. But this is going to take some time, its not going to happen all at once.

Sandman_Bravo
06-12-2008, 05:37 PM
If you stay with CO2, make sure your reg is compatible. Many regs today are HPA only.

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
totally forgot to ask that to help him with that.
good call, sandman..you da man!

Adampff
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah that is why I was looking at Palmers Regulators, but if you guys know of any other cheap CO2 compatible ones let me know. Thanks you guys

edit: I just found the Bob Long Torpedo Regulator, it has good reviews and its quite cheap.

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 06:09 PM
oh ya
ive had plenty of those
great regs if you ask me

pb34
06-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I would go with the Palmers. If you look in my sig and click the LP Pilot link there's a thread with a few pics of my Pilot and everything on it. It is totally compatible with CO2 and totally LP. That might help a bit and give you some options.

Adampff
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok I will try to decided between Palmers and Bob Long's regulators. And also if you dont mind could I use your gun as somewhat of a model for what I want mine to turn out like? I am not going to copy yours part for part I just want something to follow like guidelines.

pb34
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah go ahead I'm fine with that. Even if you do copy it I'll just be happy to help out a fellow Spyder user!

I personally decided to go with the Palmers because it just seems like it's built to last. Everything I heard about it was great. The Bob Long Torpedo is also a great regulator and is quite a bit cheaper than the Palmer Stabilizer. I spent the extra cash and in my opinion I feel it was worth it.

Adampff
06-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Ok thank you

And I think I will have to go with the Bob Long Torpedo because of the price difference. I might regret it in the future but I have heard alot of good things about both of them and I think either one will get the job done.

pb34
06-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I doubt you will have any problems with it. Many have used it with lots of success. Good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!!

Adampff
06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok thanks for the help man:D I really hope my Spyder can turn out like some of the ones I have seen on this site. It has a long way to go, but with so many Spyder Pilot Experts on this site, I should have no problems.:)

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Just some time, money and effort, you can make it amazing!

mangaman88
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Since you guys are already on the subject, what upgrades do you think would go well with the new spyder pilot?

Adampff
06-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Well first off get the very basics like...
J&J Ceramic Barrel
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dye Sticky Grips 3

Those are basically all the main things you need, but if you want to try to take your Pilot to the next level, get a new regulator, Lighter hammer, lighter trigger pull, new bolt, new front block, new board, all that good stuff.

Andude
06-14-2008, 08:00 AM
J&J Ceramic Barrel

actually I prefer the CP barrels myself, and they're just as cheap. in case anyone is trying to decide between the two

mangaman88
06-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Alrighty, I got a couple of "picky" issues. I do not like the dye grips they look kinda weird. I wanted to find the tadao grip panels but theyre really limited. Im not worried about the board do its ready for competition(psp, Millenium, and saber trigger) I've checke ebay and the only regulator I find is this ugly half chromed half colored. but as i said it is REALLY UGLY, by hammer do you mean "striker" and I will definetly get the clamp feedneck (i was told it was the impulse thread) So please let me know of any "nice" regulators, where i can find a lighter hammer, AND ESPECIALLY THE TADAO GRIPS!! And by the way thanks for the tips!!Really appreciate it.. see ya

Adampff
06-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Well there are plenty of nice regulators, first if you are using CO2 Palmers always makes good ones. Also Bob Long Torpedos are pretty good as well. As for lighter hammers try this one, http://darkhorizoncorp.com/ I have heard many good things about it and that is what I will be getting shortly. Hmmm and as for the Tadao grips, I was looking around and I couldnt find them. I am sorry about that. But I hope I helped

LostCause
06-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Alrighty, I got a couple of "picky" issues. I do not like the dye grips they look kinda weird. I wanted to find the tadao grip panels but theyre really limited. Im not worried about the board do its ready for competition(psp, Millenium, and saber trigger) I've checke ebay and the only regulator I find is this ugly half chromed half colored. but as i said it is REALLY UGLY, by hammer do you mean "striker" and I will definetly get the clamp feedneck (i was told it was the impulse thread) So please let me know of any "nice" regulators, where i can find a lighter hammer, AND ESPECIALLY THE TADAO GRIPS!! And by the way thanks for the tips!!Really appreciate it.. see ya

are you talking bout the SPD ones? that comes with the yakuza? cause those dont work on spyders mate

mangaman88
06-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Well there are plenty of nice regulators, first if you are using CO2 Palmers always makes good ones. Also Bob Long Torpedos are pretty good as well. As for lighter hammers try this one, http://darkhorizoncorp.com/ I have heard many good things about it and that is what I will be getting shortly. Hmmm and as for the Tadao grips, I was looking around and I couldnt find them. I am sorry about that. But I hope I helped

Thanks alot The link for the titanium hammer is really cool, you have been really helpfull and by the way i dont mean to bother but what if i'm on compressed air...Should I still change the regulator for performance or for looks?anyways thanks

mangaman88
06-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey guys I just notice that the Dye Sticky Grips 3 doesnt fit the new pilot, the new pilot has 1 screw on the bottom and 2 on top, while the grip has 2 on bottom and 1 on top. So i dont know if an Angel or Ion grip would fit but I'm pretty sure the Tadao will due to the different screw locations..

LostCause
06-15-2008, 08:47 AM
is it a .45 grip?

BostonLeprachan
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Any pics

xxcarlosxx
11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
J&J Ceramic Barrel
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dye Sticky Grips 3

Those are basically all the main things you need, but if you want to try to take your Pilot to the next level, get a new regulator, Lighter hammer, lighter trigger pull, new bolt, new front block, new board, all that good stuff.

a hopper is also necessary if you dont want to be shaking your gun every time u shoot air (gravity just doesnt cut it)... lol / sticky grips arent really necessary to begin with... they are more comfortable but get them after you have all the other stuff like the j&j and the clamping feedneck:D

Omegara
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Check out my sig. It's my 05 pilot.

ferret15
12-25-2008, 12:33 PM
and Carbine with his "Hornet" which is a Spyder VS1 I believe.

your lucky my google fu was strong today!

how has this thread gone on for months with out a single eyebrow raised!:mad:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1262529&page=4&highlight=Hornet+Revival

DFSniper
12-25-2008, 01:59 PM
wow... yeah, the hornet was a Flash...