PDA

View Full Version : Does the Titanium Hammer Really Help?

Adampff
06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Ok I was looking at the Titanium Hammer for my Pilot and I am just wondering how much it helps? Does it actually reduce kick? Does it actually help with air efficiency? Does it give faster cycling?

Thanks for reading. =]

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Well I have been outta the spyder scene for a bit so im not sure of the weight of that hammer. If its lighter, the kick will be reduced, air efficiency can and probably will be better and the cycling will be faster if the hammer is lighter.

Adampff
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Hmmm are there any other Hammers that are better for the price now days?

The Pumper
06-12-2008, 12:12 PM
ACP hammers are pretty nice.

or if you like pumps try the Kingman Hammer :p

Sandman_Bravo
06-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Well I have been outta the spyder scene for a bit so im not sure of the weight of that hammer. If its lighter, the kick will be reduced, air efficiency can and probably will be better and the cycling will be faster if the hammer is lighter.

Air efficiency will be better until you actually chrono and realize your velocity has dropped because the valve dwell is much less. Then when you install a stiffer spring, the air consumption will go back up. Recoil will be less.

pb34
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
If tuned properly it will help to reduce kick. I chose to use my stock striker but I polished it to help increase efficiency.