florios
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
why does every one like pump kits??
i would hate having a pump i meen it just makes u shoot slower

can some one fill me in why they boost value of guns and every one wants them

vikingshadow
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Really?

Pumps are just fun! They make you think about the game and strategy - getting angles and out thinking the other player. It's more challenging and IMO it makes you a player - not just a shooter.

Why do you think you need to have 30 balls in the air every second to get one guy out? Only one ball is needed for that. Personally, I love the feeling of getting guys out with one or two balls when they're ramping on me!

I think that even if you suck as a pump player, people treat you differently because you're brave enough (or stupid enough, lol!) to play against people who are capable of shooting double digit numbers per second. The rush you get is pretty amazing, also.

adamlee1186
06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow.. that was eloquent.

I hadn't thought of it in that light at all.

Touche, and good point all around.

florios
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
=\ well i meen why not just get a non e trigger frame?

bigred76
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Not as fun as pump. Been there, done that: pump > semi > electronic as far as a challenge goes. Heck, I kept hitting about 8bps on my last mech... still not enough for some of us. :)

DFSniper
06-11-2008, 02:57 AM
i have just as much fun playing pump as i do electro. usually when i hit the field, the hammer comes out before the e-spyder...

SpyderMan723
06-11-2008, 04:40 AM
I was watching some videos on cocker pumps and I have to say... I am very tempted to pump my cocker.....no pun intended..

florios
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
they should have a thing where you could make a pump then when you want e trigger you can hit a button then it switches

STRIKEFIRST
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Just try a pump...a GOOD pump...it's a blast! You will be forced to develop mad skills and a new appreciatiion for the game in general.

SideSwipe226
06-21-2008, 11:47 PM
what would you guys suggest as a good pump? ive only phantoms, hammers, and cocker pumps. ive been considering getting a pump.

The Pumper
06-23-2008, 08:09 PM
hammers are lower end pumps. phantoms and buzzards are higher end.
cocker pumps, aka snipers, are pretty fun to build. :D

Ace24
06-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Really?

Pumps are just fun! They make you think about the game and strategy - getting angles and out thinking the other player. It's more challenging and IMO it makes you a player - not just a shooter.

Why do you think you need to have 30 balls in the air every second to get one guy out? Only one ball is needed for that. Personally, I love the feeling of getting guys out with one or two balls when they're ramping on me!

I think that even if you suck as a pump player, people treat you differently because you're brave enough (or stupid enough, lol!) to play against people who are capable of shooting double digit numbers per second. The rush you get is pretty amazing, also.

I could not have said it better, Vike.

My team chooses to play pump in a normal tournament setting. This means we're going up against PSP and Semi. It's a LOT of fun, and the respect you gain is incredible. Unfortunately, it's also a lot harder... which means you win a lot less. But the fun and cheapness of being able to play makes up for it. We play an entire tourney on less then a bag of paint. It saves you major cash in the long run.

Buzzards are higher end... not Phantoms. Phantoms are just a step up from Hammers, honestly.

S6's are high end...

vikingshadow
06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks!

I agreed with you totally until you said the thing about Phantoms. In my definition of high end, Phantoms fit in the high end category perfectly.

PART (it's more complicated than this to me) of my definition of the different levels of markers are the number of upgrades needed to make the gun efficient and a great shooter - in this case, Phantoms need very few upgrades to be perfect, and for the most part don't need anything.

I got 45+ shots over 220 fps on a 12 gram about a year ago, and I haven't got a single upgrade in mine. I've had to adjust the speed once, and it's a constant +2/3 over the chrono. What's more, most Phantom owners report the same thing. That, in my book, makes them high end.

The Pumper
06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Case closed!

SideSwipe226
06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
ok, i maybe completely off topic as this may be in the wrong thread. but how do you build a cocker pump?

vikingshadow
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
In simplest terms, as I'm sure there's more to it - Take the front block off the autococker and add the pump kit in it's place.

SideSwipe226
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
any way you can pm me a more complicated detailed version?

vikingshadow
06-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Sure! But I don't think I can tell you a lot.

Ace24
06-24-2008, 09:24 AM
I could help you out on that one, considering I just built one recently. It's really not hard at all.

Vike, the reason I didn't really consider it as high end (while it is higher end then most of the Nelson pumps out there and it is one of the originators) is because of the pump stroke and the way it's designed. It's not as smooth or as stable as a Buzzard or a Hammer. This is why my captain modified his Phantom to use a Buzzard cocking handle and Buzzard internals.

Other then that, yeah. It is at the top of the list for Nelson guns.

SideSwipe226
06-24-2008, 12:22 PM
ok can you send me a pm too?

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
check out www.customcockers.com/forum for a handful of cocker stuff.

I have a spare cocker body.....hmmm do i a smell pump kit coming?

I'd go pump, if more ppl played it down here, otherwise I'd like like a fool playing with everyones expensive guns.

SideSwipe226
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
oh really? what kind of cocker body?

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
05 blue prostock body.

lol you wanna pump?

vikingshadow
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
check out www.customcockers.com/forum for a handful of cocker stuff.

I have a spare cocker body.....hmmm do i a smell pump kit coming?

I'd go pump, if more ppl played it down here, otherwise I'd like like a fool playing with everyones expensive guns.

Are you kidding? That's when it's the most fun. Get good playing against people with high firing rates and you're not a fool, you're dangerous!

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Are you kidding? That's when it's the most fun. Get good playing against people with high firing rates and you're not a fool, you're dangerous!

Yea I know what you mean, but I'd like to start with a group who's pump friendly.

I know taking that high risk is fun as well. Trust me I enjoy pwning ppl using my friends spyder and 1337 skillz

SideSwipe226
06-24-2008, 09:58 PM
yes i do want to pump. i think its a challenge, and at the same time i could save money.

DisIsMyUsername
06-24-2008, 10:16 PM
yes i do want to pump. i think its a challenge, and at the same time i could save money.

Well. I guess if u want a start you could PM me. I'm lookin to get rid of some cocker parts.

SideSwipe226
06-25-2008, 12:16 AM
ok sure, but what parts do i need?

vikingshadow
06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Found this for you if you want to change an autococker into a pump. (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2442228)

The Pumper
06-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Vike never lets anyone down. :D

vikingshadow
06-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Comes from having too much time on my hands during the summer. :)