PDA

View Full Version : mounting q-loader

sneekypete
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
So I have CMS and I want to take the side plate off the gun and use the exsisting screw hole but want to drill one more about 4cm more forward. From what I can see I will be drilling where the bolt goes back and forth. As long and the screw does not go in to far and block the bolt is there any thing else I should be worried about. Like does it have to stay air tight ect.

sneekypete
06-10-2008, 09:08 PM
nevermind. figured it out. I am going to use the bolt hole for the stock and the side plate hole. That way I only have to drill the bracket.

thebiest
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
this is what i did
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p229/thebiest/HPIM0550.jpg

sneekypete
06-11-2008, 06:36 PM
That is pretty much what I am going to do. The only differance is that my bracket is 90 and will also be on the other side of srcew for the stock. I am trying to get an other tpye of elbow to go into the Q-loader. The Q-loader and the feed neck are at the same level. Would need a big looping hose with out it.

I am going to look in pulmbing stores or maybe electical condute (sp). Going to do that after work tomorrow. My roomate (plumber) is also looking and thinks he might have something for me called a fitting elbow. Will let you know how it goes

sneekypete
06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
PS thanks for the pic it is nice to know that it will work

Babalui
01-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the pic!
Few days ago my Q-loader arrived and I'm still struggling to find out the best way to mount it on MR2. This project of yours is very neat, and I think I'll try to fix somehting along that line (cannot affor CMS at this moment).

Has anyone else experimented with homemade mounts for Q?

sneekypete
01-04-2009, 05:32 PM
You can try a direct mount. Ask Slim and Shady how he did his because I am not sure

slim and shady
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
personaly I always sugest direct mount takes away alot of problems with the q-loader and makes it more reliable and esier to clean.

Hat grab 3/4 inch 90 electrical conduit fitting, they work great and are easy to clean if you break a ball. If you look into my sig you will see a pic of one on the trracer. you will also need to get a 1" peice of 3/4 electrical PVC pipe and ream it out to fit tight over the feedneck. However they are only sold in 10 foot langths good news its only 5$ for that 10 feet.

sneekypete
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I know what you are talking about with the 90* fitting but I want it to go on the CMS not the feed neck. Ultimately I wanted to get rid of the hose and just have elctrical conduit connecting the CMS and the feed neck. The problem was because the conduit is solid it was really hard to get line up and attached with out the balls jamming. Did not work consistent enough so I gave up.