View Full Version : Upgrades

06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
i just bought a refurbished pilot ACS, played with it once, worked great, and im thinking about puting some upgrades onto it. things im thinking about are
-dye sticky grips
-new feedneck
-upgraded barrel (14")
-20 oz tank (up from the 12 oz it came with)

i know a lot of ppl recommend getting an agitating hopper as well because the standard wont let you shoot 13 bps, but since i plan on using the gun primarily for woodsball, i dont think ill need the rate of fire and can save my 80 bucks. id love to hear anyones opinions of these upgrades or anything else youd recommend. thanks a lot.

-jersey baller

06-09-2008, 05:35 PM
eggy 3

used halo w/rip
used Empire Reloader B,
though i wouldprolly choose a halo or empire since they are consatly spinning and makeing noise (matters in woods)

06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Replace the stock feed neck with one that is shorter! Something similar but doesn't have to be this exact one: http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_item_020657b.htm

And the egg3 is a great hopper for the price.

Some type of barrel kit is good too, so you can have a better ball to barrel fit.
Powerlyte puts out a nice kit for a lot cheaper than a smarts parts freak. Look for powerlyte Scepter.

After that, it's a matter of how much you want to spend! :D

06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
you're definitely on the right track. you'll love the grips and they really help keep the grit and dirt out. new feedneck is almost a must. i prefer a 14" or 16" for woodsball. J&J ceramic is a great barrel for the price. it'll shoot "most" paint and is pretty darn quiet. if you're going for maximum accuracy then get a barrel kit and match the paint to the barrel bore. i would really reccomend upgrading the hopper. it doesn't have to be a speed demon or anything but something like an eggy3 will work great and is quite inexpensive. you'll find you can easily outshoot a gravity hopper even in semi mode. my personal preference is a remote tank as well. 200balls, gun, and a 20oz tank can get kinda heavy if you're playing longer games and doing a lot of moving.

06-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Sounds good so far. I personally would not stay with the CO2, HPA shoots much nicer. Save the cash you would spend on the 20 0z tank and put it toward an air tank.

06-10-2008, 08:27 AM
50ish dollers get you a cheap steely tank for HPA, way better route then Co2! then just upgrade the tank later

06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
hi im blaineantor and im new to here
i just wanted to say that i hve a acs with psychoballistics drop and getting a black macro kit.
i then will get a vl force dye stickies pure energy 48/3000 psi and warrior feedneck. post comments concerns and questions thanks :)

06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey does anyone now if you can switch the pilot eyes for laser eyes without buying a new board?

06-12-2008, 06:56 AM
When I first got my Pilot, I was just using a normal VL200 gracity hopper. I was outshooting that, so i got a revvy. It doesn't spin all the time, so it'd be ok for woodsball. They aren't all that expensive (I think i got mine for 45 ish).

And for the tank, HPA>Co2. I wish I had money for an HPA tank. IF you don't have money for HPA, get that 20 oz.

06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
for the barrel, I'd go with a CP 14" or 16". it's good to over bore a little, .693 is a good bore. as for feed neck, you've got a lot of options.

I'd DEFINITELY get a HPA tank. A 48/3000 is only like 50 buck. yeah, thats about twice as much as a 20oz, but you save money on o-rings and refills and gun maitnence (co2 can really mess up a gun, especially electric.) here, watch this...

for the feed neck, you have a lot of options.

and the loader, you really ought to get a new one. like everyone else says, eggy 3 is great for the price. the eye-force is also good

06-13-2008, 07:57 AM
eggy3>eye force cause if you dont play airball/xball the eggy isnt conastnly spinning, causeing a ton of noise, where my vlo jr, spins all the time, so if you like the woods deff the eggy.

and i knew soon as you put that link it would be mike, he's a great guy, good tips.

06-13-2008, 04:08 PM
eggy3>eye force cause if you dont play airball/xball the eggy isnt conastnly spinning, causeing a ton of noise, where my vlo jr, spins all the time, so if you like the woods deff the eggy.

and i knew soon as you put that link it would be mike, he's a great guy, good tips.

the "eye force" isn't constantly spinning, the "force" is constsntly spinning
force>> http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CWrpnrpueaDps_I9AhEpNrDIwCCpqlfV_1c=?Pro ductID=v2XAqArbBVwAAAESFPYHiZuK
eye force>> http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CWrpnrpueaDps_I9AhEpNrDIwCCpqlfV_1c=?Pro ductID=0_XAqArbkgwAAAETDIsoDQev

06-13-2008, 04:23 PM
ah, got ya, havent paid to much attention to hoppers except the Magna, and the jrny