PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

jerseyballer
06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
hey,
i just bought a refurbished pilot ACS, played with it once, worked great, and im thinking about puting some upgrades onto it. things im thinking about are
-dye sticky grips
-new feedneck
-upgraded barrel (14")
-20 oz tank (up from the 12 oz it came with)

i know a lot of ppl recommend getting an agitating hopper as well because the standard wont let you shoot 13 bps, but since i plan on using the gun primarily for woodsball, i dont think ill need the rate of fire and can save my 80 bucks. id love to hear anyones opinions of these upgrades or anything else youd recommend. thanks a lot.

-jersey baller

LostCause
06-09-2008, 06:35 PM
eggy 3
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=-K1T0Yiim1xTmsDvIqmTeYJ2xp4M2Uu-PxY=?ProductID=wCvAqArbZeMAAAENwHjyddHu

used halo w/rip
used Empire Reloader B,
Revy
though i wouldprolly choose a halo or empire since they are consatly spinning and makeing noise (matters in woods)

RellikLaerec
06-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Replace the stock feed neck with one that is shorter! Something similar but doesn't have to be this exact one: http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_item_020657b.htm

And the egg3 is a great hopper for the price.

Some type of barrel kit is good too, so you can have a better ball to barrel fit.
Powerlyte puts out a nice kit for a lot cheaper than a smarts parts freak. Look for powerlyte Scepter.

After that, it's a matter of how much you want to spend! :D

nicklenn
06-09-2008, 11:28 PM
you're definitely on the right track. you'll love the grips and they really help keep the grit and dirt out. new feedneck is almost a must. i prefer a 14" or 16" for woodsball. J&J ceramic is a great barrel for the price. it'll shoot "most" paint and is pretty darn quiet. if you're going for maximum accuracy then get a barrel kit and match the paint to the barrel bore. i would really reccomend upgrading the hopper. it doesn't have to be a speed demon or anything but something like an eggy3 will work great and is quite inexpensive. you'll find you can easily outshoot a gravity hopper even in semi mode. my personal preference is a remote tank as well. 200balls, gun, and a 20oz tank can get kinda heavy if you're playing longer games and doing a lot of moving.

~nick

Sandman_Bravo
06-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Sounds good so far. I personally would not stay with the CO2, HPA shoots much nicer. Save the cash you would spend on the 20 0z tank and put it toward an air tank.

LostCause
06-10-2008, 09:27 AM
50ish dollers get you a cheap steely tank for HPA, way better route then Co2! then just upgrade the tank later

blaineanator
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM
hi im blaineantor and im new to here
i just wanted to say that i hve a acs with psychoballistics drop and getting a black macro kit.
i then will get a vl force dye stickies pure energy 48/3000 psi and warrior feedneck. post comments concerns and questions thanks :)

mangaman88
06-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey does anyone now if you can switch the pilot eyes for laser eyes without buying a new board?

paintballkid0206
06-12-2008, 07:56 AM
When I first got my Pilot, I was just using a normal VL200 gracity hopper. I was outshooting that, so i got a revvy. It doesn't spin all the time, so it'd be ok for woodsball. They aren't all that expensive (I think i got mine for 45 ish).

And for the tank, HPA>Co2. I wish I had money for an HPA tank. IF you don't have money for HPA, get that 20 oz.

Andude
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
for the barrel, I'd go with a CP 14" or 16". it's good to over bore a little, .693 is a good bore. as for feed neck, you've got a lot of options.

I'd DEFINITELY get a HPA tank. A 48/3000 is only like 50 buck. yeah, thats about twice as much as a 20oz, but you save money on o-rings and refills and gun maitnence (co2 can really mess up a gun, especially electric.) here, watch this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=alc0650GY0w&feature=user

for the feed neck, you have a lot of options.

and the loader, you really ought to get a new one. like everyone else says, eggy 3 is great for the price. the eye-force is also good

LostCause
06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
eggy3>eye force cause if you dont play airball/xball the eggy isnt conastnly spinning, causeing a ton of noise, where my vlo jr, spins all the time, so if you like the woods deff the eggy.

and i knew soon as you put that link it would be mike, he's a great guy, good tips.

TheDarkShadow
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
eggy3>eye force cause if you dont play airball/xball the eggy isnt conastnly spinning, causeing a ton of noise, where my vlo jr, spins all the time, so if you like the woods deff the eggy.

and i knew soon as you put that link it would be mike, he's a great guy, good tips.

the "eye force" isn't constantly spinning, the "force" is constsntly spinning
force>> http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CWrpnrpueaDps_I9AhEpNrDIwCCpqlfV_1c=?Pro ductID=v2XAqArbBVwAAAESFPYHiZuK
eye force>> http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CWrpnrpueaDps_I9AhEpNrDIwCCpqlfV_1c=?Pro ductID=0_XAqArbkgwAAAETDIsoDQev

LostCause
06-13-2008, 05:23 PM
ah, got ya, havent paid to much attention to hoppers except the Magna, and the jrny