PDA

View Full Version : What hopper would you say is the overall best?

spray and pray
06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
I am thinking of picking up a new hopper. I currently have an empire b2 and I was looking for something a little bit different. If you had to pick one what would you get?

Here are the ones I was looking at.

Pulse
Vlocity

Or should I just keep the Empire b2?

TheDarkShadow
06-09-2008, 05:57 AM
why not magna?

vikingshadow
06-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Personally, I'd keep the B2 rather than spend another 100 bucks on something that will perform pretty much the same. That's 100 bucks you can apply to another gun or to paying to play.

Now, if you really wanted to spend some money for a different style loader, I'd go for the magna clutch drop in kit and get the RF for it, then it'd be the same as the pulse but for less money, but again, it's not going to perform any better than what you have already. It's just going to be able to be sync'd to your gun...

Of course, this is just my opinion - I was never a hopper hoarder. It's hard enough to choose which gun to pick when you have more than one, let alone trying to figure out which loader to use as well!

SupaSnipa
06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I am going to have to agree with viking on this one. Paintball is expensive and that $100 can go towards other costs, like gas for getting yourself there (I know you'll need that).

If you really want to try something new I would suggest the VLocity. They are very fast loaders, they do suck more batteries than your B2 does, however a new chip with fix that.

Ace24
06-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Now, if you really wanted to spend some money for a different style loader, I'd go for the magna clutch drop in kit and get the RF for it, then it'd be the same as the pulse but for less money

In fact, it would be better then the Pulse. Spring tension, rip drive, clutch kit... amen.

Just drop in a clutch. Trust me, the B2 is plenty fast. If you're upset about weight, get a 9v mod.

Do not get a Pulse. I hated the one I owned. No eyes, no tension spring, no sound activation... just constant tension monitoring. In all honesty, I didn't see anything about it that I'd take over my Reloader B or V35 Halo.

The VLocity is sort of nice... but I'd go for a JR with a Gangstar chip. The regular VLocity is just too big. The profile increase above your head just gives them more to shoot at and they are ugly as hell. They work nice, are light, and have nice capacity... but the shells are cheap and the battery doors blow off very easily. Can't tell you how many I've seen break/blow off at the field.

spray and pray
06-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll probably just keep the b2 unless I get an amazing offer for it.

I got one offer already. The guy offered a Jr. with virtue and $15 for my b2, should I take it?

DisIsMyUsername
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
if u dont take it lmk who he be. I want a junior

spray and pray
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm taking it, the guy doesn't even want the speedcap that's on the b2

florios
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
well if you want one the will keep up to what ever you can shoot at go with a Q loader

i think its the best you can get

mrpurplehawk
06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
i personally think the empire b2 is better than the Jr. but you made $15 bucks off it so i think it was worth it

xsvly-fat
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I like my Halo cause of the battery life (it's alot better then my Jr) but I like the way the Jr is shaped and it's fast. It's all up to you, I don't mind which one I use

spray and pray
06-15-2008, 04:27 AM
I now have the JR with virtue in my hands, much lighter and better than the empire.

SupaSnipa
06-15-2008, 08:17 AM
The Jr with the Virtue chip, one of the fastest/lightest loaders Ive ever used. The Virtue chip makes it get better battery life also. Good Luck with your new loader

Ace24
06-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't say it's "better," because both have their weaknesses and strengths.

Vlocity Jr:
Strengths - Light, fast, good battery life
Weaknesses - Cheap shells that break easy, no nuts for the screws to lock into (screws into the shell... making the shell even more weak and easy to strip), no rip drive

Reloader B2:
Strengths - Mutli level sound activation with multiple settings, fast, strong shells, rip drive
Weaknesses - Weight, battery life isn't as good as some of the hoppers out now, small mouth.

It's all user preference.

LostCause
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
yeah..screws strip easy on te vlo :(