PDA

View Full Version : Everybody OK?

irishwarrior
06-05-2008, 02:26 AM
A couple tornados rolled through our area (VA) and is everyone OK? My neighborhood didn't get any severe weather, just a T-storm. Other areas though got nailed by hail, tornados, wind, etc... And power was knocked out for almost everyone until 4am.

mikegetz
06-05-2008, 05:48 AM
we had a couple of reported funnels - none confirmed by the NWS though.
the worst batch was Tuesday night, the first cell ... just popped out of nowhere in southern Indiana - tore through and dumped 2 inches of rain in 20 minutes.

lots of downed limbs / power lines/ popped transformers. Wednesday brought the flash flooding. our block was without power from 11:45 tues. night till about 4 wed. morning. fun stuff.

and to top it off, my 18 month old daughter slept thru it all.

bamf-hacker
06-05-2008, 08:03 AM
All good here, but it was pretty bad. Winds were insane and the rain was going side ways... Then it all cleared up and it was sunny, at least until round two came.

Paradox313
06-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I just heard that on our news. I couldn't stand to see a tornado. Hollywood has warped my mind.

irishwarrior
06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, even though we don't usually get tornados here in Virginia, I used to live in Oklahoma 10 min outside Oklahoma City aka Tornado Ally so we know what to do and are more experienced in what to look out for.

DFSniper
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
friend in annandale said he "dodged" one, dont know the specifics.

adamlee1186
06-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Here in Iowa, we got hit pretty hard. Multi-vortex tornado landed about 30 miles southwest of where I am, and traveled east on I-34. heh.. just missed us. My lady and I were up till 3am biting our nails.

The kicker is that it still looks like crap outside and apparently we're on T-watch till tomorrow morning. heh.. little worried.

I wish everyone else facing this good luck, and try to stay safe.

TheDarkShadow
06-05-2008, 04:39 PM
we had a couple of reported funnels - none confirmed by the NWS though.
the worst batch was Tuesday night, the first cell ... just popped out of nowhere in southern Indiana - tore through and dumped 2 inches of rain in 20 minutes.

lots of downed limbs / power lines/ popped transformers. Wednesday brought the flash flooding. our block was without power from 11:45 tues. night till about 4 wed. morning. fun stuff.

and to top it off, my 18 month old daughter slept thru it all.

yea it was a little rough here, where are you from mike getz?