Game 1, June 5 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 2, June 8 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 3, June 10 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 4, June 12 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 5, June 15 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 6, June 17 @ 9 ET on ABC
Game 7, June 19 @ 9 ET on ABC

Whose rootin' for who?

I loved the Celtics this year, but unfortunately I think they're gonna lose. Of course they beat the Lakers during the regular season, but that was without Gasol, and that guy is ridiculously hugood (Huge and Good put together).
If they're gonna have any chance of winning Perkins has to commit no fouls, and shut down Gasol, or Double team him hard.

I think the Lakers are gonna win 4 to 2.

mikegetz
06-05-2008, 05:50 AM
i refuse to be interested in the finals this year. I don't really care for either team.

i would have liked to see phx, dallas, san antonio, and cleveland do better this year.

i still think that acquiring Shaq was a stupid move on pheonix's part. he's almost as old as i am. being that big- he can't ave too much left in him before the joints start to break down completely. 2 years ago it would have been a solid move. i think marion could have taken phx farther ...

dallas, unfortunately plays thier best against pheonix. seems that they are sliding a bit lately.

mr1 sniper
06-05-2008, 06:11 AM
i'm going for the celtics. Although i did want the lakers to get into the finals.

VS3 Sniper
06-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Even tho I would have prefered to see the Suns in the finals I think the lakers are gonna win.

Paradox313
06-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Agreed. I was definitely rooting for the Suns the beginning of the playoffs. I can't believe Duncan hit that clutch 3.
I thought that getting Shaq was a pretty good move. He is a dominating center cause he's so darn huge, but they probably had a better chance with another 3point shooter on the floor. And agreed he is pretty old, he maybe has 1 or 2 seasons left. Dikembe Metumbo (sp?) is like 42 or something, but he's not the greatest center to ever play the game. Maybe next season the Suns will get a good Pure shooter and win the finals.
On the side note, Marion has the goofiest shot ever in the history of the game, along with Carlos Boozer, and Ray Allen (His is just too quick and his left hand is strange on the ball to me)

marvin-martian
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Ray Allen + KG + Pierce > Kobe

Paradox313
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Ray Allen + KG + Pierce < Kobe + Odom + Gasol + Fisher

Hoppy11
06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't like either team. I hate Kobe, Peice, and Rhondo. I don't like Fisher either. I have never liked either team actually. So I am rooting for Garnet. I have always liked his game since he started playing. So I will be happy if he finally gets a ring because he really does deserve it.

Paradox313
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Very true.

His baseline fakes are hilarious.

codymm1014
06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Agreed. I was definitely rooting for the Suns the beginning of the playoffs. I can't believe Duncan hit that clutch 3.
I thought that getting Shaq was a pretty good move. He is a dominating center cause he's so darn huge, but they probably had a better chance with another 3point shooter on the floor. And agreed he is pretty old, he maybe has 1 or 2 seasons left. Dikembe Metumbo (sp?) is like 42 or something, but he's not the greatest center to ever play the game. Maybe next season the Suns will get a good Pure shooter and win the finals.
On the side note, Marion has the goofiest shot ever in the history of the game, along with Carlos Boozer, and Ray Allen (His is just too quick and his left hand is strange on the ball to me)

QFT. Suns should be in here. I'm a diehard Suns fan and I was crushed when Duncan hit that 3. I won't get started on the whole Shaq thing.

VS3 Sniper
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
LOL I didn't relize there were so many Suns fans on SOC.

Paradox313
06-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Who doesn't like them? Stoudamire is a ridiculous forward. I always enjoyed watching him and KG go at it, best matchup along with Chris Paul and Tony Parker.

GAME TIME!!

codymm1014
06-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Yea on top of that I was raised in Phoenix and have been to multiple games, met a couple of them, and played on the court.

I like the Suns. :p

Warnichek
06-06-2008, 06:26 AM
CELTICS baby!!!!

I used to watch them on the old satellite in the back yard when I was a kid. That's when Bird, McCale, Johnson, Parish & Ainge were the great ones.

Game one Celtics by 10. 98-88.

marvin-martian
06-06-2008, 06:04 PM
who called it! wwwooooooooo

Paradox313
06-07-2008, 10:03 AM
After watching them play. I think they changed my mind.

Celtics win in game 6. 4-2 (Lakers beat them at their home twice)

But that is if Perkins is healthy 100%

7ft Gasol didn't get ANY rebounds in the first quarter.