GO WINGS GO!!!!!!

IT ALL ENDS TONIGHT BABY!!!!!

WE WANT THE CUP!!! WE WANT THE CUP!!!

CROSBY WHO???

MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

colonel_moo
06-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Lets go Sid, lets go Staal, lets go Malkin, lets go FLEURY!

I really don't like either team, but the pens are the lesser of two evils, even though they knocked out my team :(

STRIKEFIRST
06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!.....LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Do you smell that? I smell it....VICTORY!!!! It's in the air boys!!!

We'll be rockin in Hockeytown tonight!!!

colonel_moo
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, one more guys!

I was seriously just going to post that Hossa was overdue.

colonel_moo
06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
wow, i thought that last shot was going in! Oh well, I guess you cant have two of those in back to back games.

Hoppy11
06-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Holy Smokes!!!!! Crazy finish, that was a great save. I give Pitt credit for their outstanding finishes both games 5 and 6.

Buuuuuuuuut

LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDarkShadow
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
so wait who won?

pb34
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
the wings did.

TheDarkShadow
06-04-2008, 07:22 PM
sweet that's who I wanted to win

HelpDeskHustler
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
All this talk about the red wings and stanley cup remind me of that southpark episode.

marvin-martian
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
im so made that game 5 ended the way it did. the wings had like 3 times as many shots on goal in the third overtime, but lost. damn 4 minute penalties.

calebh
06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
those weren't penalties that should have been called in OT, that's what annoys me most. OT hockey shouldn't be decided on a PP unless one team is just playing terribly dirty (or the teams are more or less trading off penalties), and while the wings are far from the cleanest team around, they certainly didn't deserve 3 penalties to pittsburg's 1 in OT. red wings clearly outplayed pittsburg in game 5. the game winning goal was like pittsburg's third PP shot all game. the only reason the game went even to OT was pittsburg's outstanding first period. otherwise it was a 3-1 win for detroit. 3-2 if you count the OT goal.

i'm talking about game 5 cuz i actually watched it. i missed game 6. lol

reffing sucked this post season. all around.

congrats wings. i was hoping pittsburg would make it a 7 game series and win, but the swedes are too damn good. but be careful next year, turco's finally got your number :p (too bad it took him until game 4 to get it). and hopefully for all us, they'll clean up the reffing and get better announcers on Versus and NBC...

colonel_moo
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
but there should have been so many penalties against the wings that weren't called in game 6. For example, when Fleury was checked in the first period. Even the announcers admitted that the refs missed plenty of calls. Oh well, I really don't think it would have affected the outcome of the game.

calebh
06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Given Detroit's superb penalty killing all post season, probably not lol. I'm pretty sure Detroit had more shots than Pittsburgh during Pittsburgh's powerplays in game 5. I know Detroit's PK gave the Stars fits in the Conference Finals.

But that doesn't surprise me that the refs missed a bunch of calls. The league has got to clean up the reffing for next season. It's way too inconsistent right now. Or I guess I should say "It was," since the season's over... There are a few rules that should probably be looked at, too...

badlandsrox
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
All I can say is THANK GOD that pittsburgh did not win, I mean could you imagine how much sidney crosby would be marketed and touted and everything? it would be like "sidney this, crosby that, he practically carried them on his back" UGH seriously if I hear his name im going to be sick. just to give you an idea, this year pittsburgh came to calgary, and for two days straight, there was practically no new news in the newspapers or television, every reporter and their dog was covering him and all that. I will give it to him that he is one helluva hockey player, but theres a fine line between hockey, and marketing etc. I mean the kid still spends the season at Marios house, with his contract, and the 50 thousand sponsorship and endorsment deals he has, can he not afford to buy a house in pittsburgh? (to give him the benefit of the doubt, he does have one in nova scotia, but even still, its not like he's leaving pittsburgh anytime soon, so why not give mario and his wife a break? The real point im trying to get across here, is that i for one am not a real big fan of all the excitement and everything following him around. Another thing that really annoys me about him, (not really him, just more the medias singlemindedness) Jarome Iginla had close to a career year this year (became all time leading scorer of the flames, finished with something like 2 points shy of a club record in points, had a million assists [On like sure goals he would pass the puck off to a team mate so they could get their kick at the goal scoring cat, even if it meant him giving up a hat trick, you name it, he did it]. But you wanna know what the media did about it? nothing, they were all to busy watching the pittsburgh game to see crosby play. Also, Ovechkin had quite possibly the best season of any player in the last year or two, yet its crosby who gets all the publicity, it honestly sorta makes me sick how caught up these people get in him. Like I said earlier, dont get me wrong he is one great hockey player, I just dont need to hear that every time I turn it to sports news.

Back to the Cup, I really think that its great that the wings won it, the cup is supposed to go to the strongest/best team in the league that particular year, and honestly, thats who won it this year. They lead the league in points, wins, you name it. People are saying "someone else should have won, they've been there done that to many times". You know what I say to that? Good on them, they proved that they have what it takes to be on the top of their game year in year out, not one of these teams that is amazing one year, in the toilet the next (not going to lie, my team, the calgary flames are one of those teams, they have the talent, they just arent to consistent in putting it to use). About the bad reffing, as discussed earlier, that is part of the game, and what seperates the men from the boys, is their ability to adapt to different variables in the game, be it bad ice, bad boards, bad equiptment, bad reffing, bad lighting, pucks bouncing to much, pretty much anything else that the game might throw at them.

Now totally unrelated to the game tonight, but related to the series, yesterdays game showed how strong the wings are as a team, the shots were not even close throughout the game, it was a total domination by the wings (and nothing short of a stellar performance by fluery in net as well). And if you look at the rest of this series, games one and two were not even close, the pens were SHUT OUT of two games in the STANLEY CUP FINALS, there is no excuse for that, the stanley cup finals are for the top teams of the year, not the team thats going to get their and fall asleep.

Okay thats the end of my rant/praise/rant again. wow I totally feel better letting that out of my system! ahaha!

bigred76
06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Sharks ftw. :waytogo: They'll have it next year...

STRIKEFIRST
06-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Whew!!!! What A Party!!!!

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy

Nicky Nicky Nicky

Stanley Stanley Stanley

Wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colonel_moo
06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
All I can say is THANK GOD that pittsburgh did not win, I mean could you imagine how much sidney crosby would be marketed and touted and everything? it would be like "sidney this, crosby that, he practically carried them on his back" UGH seriously if I hear his name im going to be sick. just to give you an idea, this year pittsburgh came to calgary, and for two days straight, there was practically no new news in the newspapers or television, every reporter and their dog was covering him and all that. I will give it to him that he is one helluva hockey player, but theres a fine line between hockey, and marketing etc. I mean the kid still spends the season at Marios house, with his contract, and the 50 thousand sponsorship and endorsment deals he has, can he not afford to buy a house in pittsburgh? (to give him the benefit of the doubt, he does have one in nova scotia, but even still, its not like he's leaving pittsburgh anytime soon, so why not give mario and his wife a break? The real point im trying to get across here, is that i for one am not a real big fan of all the excitement and everything following him around. Another thing that really annoys me about him, (not really him, just more the medias singlemindedness) Jarome Iginla had close to a career year this year (became all time leading scorer of the flames, finished with something like 2 points shy of a club record in points, had a million assists [On like sure goals he would pass the puck off to a team mate so they could get their kick at the goal scoring cat, even if it meant him giving up a hat trick, you name it, he did it]. But you wanna know what the media did about it? nothing, they were all to busy watching the pittsburgh game to see crosby play. Also, Ovechkin had quite possibly the best season of any player in the last year or two, yet its crosby who gets all the publicity, it honestly sorta makes me sick how caught up these people get in him. Like I said earlier, dont get me wrong he is one great hockey player, I just dont need to hear that every time I turn it to sports news.

Back to the Cup, I really think that its great that the wings won it, the cup is supposed to go to the strongest/best team in the league that particular year, and honestly, thats who won it this year. They lead the league in points, wins, you name it. People are saying "someone else should have won, they've been there done that to many times". You know what I say to that? Good on them, they proved that they have what it takes to be on the top of their game year in year out, not one of these teams that is amazing one year, in the toilet the next (not going to lie, my team, the calgary flames are one of those teams, they have the talent, they just arent to consistent in putting it to use). About the bad reffing, as discussed earlier, that is part of the game, and what seperates the men from the boys, is their ability to adapt to different variables in the game, be it bad ice, bad boards, bad equiptment, bad reffing, bad lighting, pucks bouncing to much, pretty much anything else that the game might throw at them.

Now totally unrelated to the game tonight, but related to the series, yesterdays game showed how strong the wings are as a team, the shots were not even close throughout the game, it was a total domination by the wings (and nothing short of a stellar performance by fluery in net as well). And if you look at the rest of this series, games one and two were not even close, the pens were SHUT OUT of two games in the STANLEY CUP FINALS, there is no excuse for that, the stanley cup finals are for the top teams of the year, not the team thats going to get their and fall asleep.

Okay thats the end of my rant/praise/rant again. wow I totally feel better letting that out of my system! ahaha!

Agreed, I really don't think Crosby is that great. You can't make it very far in the the NHL with one good player. Pittsburgh got as far as they did because they had alot of stars... Malkin, Hossa, Staal, and Fleury saved their asses plenty of times. Sure Crosby is good, but no better than other team leaders like Ovechkin and Mike Richards.

calebh
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
but he's young. really young. and he looks good (marketing, there. he'll make a good face of the team, kind of like modano and the stars). if the pens are smart, they'll begin to build the team around him, malkin, and staal over the next several seasons. so when the veterans retire, the team will still have those three as a very solid core.

the fact that detroit shut out the pens twice makes me think my stars did better against them than the pens. lol. i mean, both went down in 6 games, but we never got shut out. lol but that's not really something you can compare objectively, so whatever...

stars have got it next year :D

STRIKEFIRST
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
They're trying to make Crosby the face of the League...Wait till he breaks the face a few times and the scars start staying around, the teeth are fake and the nose isn't as straight...it will be on to the next pretty boy who can skate.

The stars? Sorry The wings REPEAT NEXT YEAR!!!! WOOO HOOO

calebh
06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
They're trying to make Crosby the face of the League...Wait till he breaks the face a few times and the scars start staying around, the teeth are fake and the nose isn't as straight...it will be on to the next pretty boy who can skate.
lol i wonder who will get to break him in... i suggest we let chris pronger loose on him