PDA

View Full Version : Is vBulletin omtimistic/pesimistic?

HelpDeskHustler
06-04-2008, 04:28 AM
I looked up at my Private messages and I was greeted with the unsightly message as shown:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/claustrophobia9/optipesi.jpg

"Your PM box is 90% full."

When I saw this I recalled the age-old philosophical question:"Is the glass half full or half empty." Which is meant to determine your outlook on life. In my experience, it really makes a difference what the situation is. If you paid for a drink, I'd be optimistic to think of it as half full, but if you're in a drinking contest, I'd be optimistic to think of it as half empty. Now I ask you this:

If your PM box is 90% full, is it a good thing because so many people talk to you, or is it a bad thing because you are running out of space.

Talk amongst yourselves.

vikingshadow
06-04-2008, 04:53 AM
OOOORRRRRR, you can just clean it out and have more space.

Did you take a philosophy course or a psych course this year? I had a college professor once that said, "Colleges really screw kids up. They MAKE you take just enough psych classes to mess with your head, but unless your majoring in it, they don't take you deep enough to get you out of it on your own."

Ok, technically, vBulletin is a program on someone's server. Therefore, it is neither optimistic NOR pesimistic. The owner of the PM box has the right to determine whether the 90% is a good thing or a bad thing. I personally believe that a well-rounded individual has to be BOTH optimistic while being pesimistic, but they must be balanced. Too much of one thing is not good!

Side note - I think you have too much time on your hands this summer.

HelpDeskHustler
06-04-2008, 04:57 AM
I haven't taken any psych or philosophy courses ever, I just think like this.

DisIsMyUsername
06-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Mine's always full.

I tend to keep useful PM's forever. other forums I'm on have a limit of 100.

Can we has?

marvin-martian
06-04-2008, 06:57 AM
but they must be balanced. Too much of one thing is not good!
a jack of all trades is an expert in none

Side note - I think you have too much time on your hands this summer.

sounds like we need a scav hunt...

vikingshadow
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
a jack of all trades is an expert in none

You don't have to be an expert to have good balance, however good balance will make it MUCH easier to become an expert in your chosen area. That, and a willingness to step into either either side without hesitation, then be able to come back to center when needed. ;)

VS3 Sniper
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I voted that it was a good thing.....but it does get to be a pain in the butt to always have to clear space.

marvin-martian
06-04-2008, 10:30 AM
You don't have to be an expert to have good balance, however good balance will make it MUCH easier to become an expert in your chosen area. That, and a willingness to step into either either side without hesitation, then be able to come back to center when needed. ;)

i know that. infact, i pride myself on being balanced and situational. i was merely trying to...i dont know. i was being dumb.

anyways. i really dont pay attention to my PM space until i get one.

durrell
06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
The better question is..who cares? :p

DFSniper
06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
i voted negative because i hate running out of room. and then i end up deleting important PMs because i forgot they're there...