PDA

View Full Version : an interesting coincidence I noticed

druid
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
...now before anyone gets their panties in a twist, this is a coincidental thing I noticed. It happens to be political, historical and religious in nature but the post is not intended to debate the three within their own confines, nor is it a "doomsday prophesy" (per se). It's more about a particular trend I noticed as foretold and the writings in history...as well as some scientific discovery of today.

We need not debate religious tenets, the existence or belief of any Deity outside the confines of what history has or will reveal to the point of ridiculousness.

The Mayan Calender appears to run out December 21, 2012. There is heavy debate as to whether it restarts itself or not.

Modern scientists have calculated that on that same date, there is a rare planetary alignment that only occurs once in about every 50,000 years. (Seen on the History Chanel, as well as links provided)...although NASA and other well-known (or more affluent?) scientists, debunk the alignment as "coincidence" and say nothing out of the ordinary will occur. Typical for those Governmental agencies not wanting to experience world panic...

http://www.earthportals.com/Portal_Messenger/alignment2012

Also see the "GreatDreams" link below.

Nostradamus, not really considered a Prophet by any Christian, predicted that we are currently on our last Pope. See his quatrains.

Either Nostradamus's' family member or a follower with intimate knowledge of his teachings, created a painting set in a book, describing this once-in-50,000 year alignment and is described here:

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

Now, according to that article (and in fact, most others I've found), the author[s] simply state[s] that the calendar "resets" itself like a car's odometer - however, there is no proof to that claim, also denoted on the History Chanel.

Most, if not all, Christians have been raised using the Bible as their guide. In the Bible's Book of Revelation, it describes that the Anti-Christ is charismatic, of Mid-Eastern descent, comes to political power and becomes a worshiped world leader. The Rapture begins upon the Anti-Christ's rise to power, is loved and admired as a World leader for 3 1/2 years before the beginning of "The End." After 3 1/2 years, we will be required to bear the mark of the Beast (666) or suffer destruction. The Rapture is said to last 7 years, before the "end of the world."

8 Years of a dual-term President is slightly longer than the 7 years of the Rapture.

Obama was raised as a Muslim and supposedly converted to Christian.
Obama has recently denounced and resigned from his church - citing that it is just easier to do this than deal with everyone's questions about it.

If Obama becomes President, the Dec 21, 2012 point in history will happen to mark that 3 1/2 year of his Presidency.....and also the 3 1/2 year point of the Rapture...

Interesting coincidence don't you think?

pbgrandpa
06-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Very interesting.

battlechaser
06-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Funny how you compared a politician to the Anti-Christ. ;)

MonsterLopes
06-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Check out 'Geomagnetic reversal'.

calebh
06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
the anti christ will also rise to power from nowhere and claim divine authority, or rather claim he is the divine authority... (otherwise, it could've been huckabee)

if anyone becomes president, then december 21, 2012 will mark the 3 year 11 month 1 day anniversary of anyone's presidency...

close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

HelpDeskHustler
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
cool. but it's just apophenia.

DFSniper
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
still pretty interesting. and even famous dead guys have had their miscalculations!

irishwarrior
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
And Obama isn't middle eastern, he's half-Kenyan half-White (may be wrong on specific amounts).

STRIKEFIRST
06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
So apparently that's another exucse not to vote for Obama ;)

OSOK
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Exactly what I was going to say...

"If you vote for Obama, you vote for the end of the world!"
-John Mcains Campaign Slogan

calebh
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Exactly what I was going to say...

"If you vote for Obama, you vote for the end of the world!"
-John Mcains Campaign Slogan
ahem

if anyone becomes president, then december 21, 2012 will mark the 3 year 11 month 1 day anniversary of anyone's presidency...

don't be stupid

TheDarkShadow
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
interesting

DisIsMyUsername
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
lol I keep hearing about this too but reading it is interesting and creepy at the same time.

OSOK
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
lol Calebh I know, I was just being sarcastic

calebh
06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
ahhh sorry.

damn the internet and it's complete lack of vocal expression. lol

HelpDeskHustler
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Seriously, it's interesting that people took this much time to draw conclusions, but with an almost endless number of possible relationships and comparisons that could be made, it's actually rather disappointing that only about 10 of them have any convincing or unusual connection. At least with the JFK/Lincoln similarities there were close to 50.

Deeper into what I mentioned before:
Apophenia, AKA the "Aneristic Illusion" (derived from the name Eris, the mythical goddess of discord) is a human tendency to find patterns in what would normally be considered meaningless or irrelevant data. Chaos Theory, or simply chaos, and the discordianism beliefs attempt to account for this symptom of human nature in order to reach a greater understanding of the universe, claiming the over-simplification of complex systems is blinding society.

Personally, I like complex systems more, but I always get a kick out of these things. This one in particular reminds me to read up on some of the mentioned items, I've forgotten a lot of interesting stuff about the Mayans. Oh, that reminds me, anyone in Kentucky going to see the full solar eclipse in 2018 (assuming we're all still alive :p)?

DRAGON
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
:news: OMG.....you'll never believe this. I just saw Elvis! :eek: He lost a little weight and cut his burns off. He was eating a fried PB&nanna sammich in his old Caddy. That's how I noticed him. OMG! It's the king!............. :king:

Oh sry, What were we discussing?........ :confused:

Drefish99
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Oprah is the antichrist. Just think about it. She has way too much power....

druid
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Funny how you compared a politician to the Anti-Christ. ;)
LOL...but in religious texts (or at least chronicled throughout time), it's been highly represented that the AC would be someone of great world power. People have theorized this to be either a political or religious leader.
the anti christ will also rise to power from nowhere and claim divine authority, or rather claim he is the divine authority... (otherwise, it could've been huckabee)

Right...but just "anyone" wouldn't necessarily have the rest of the implied descriptions. As the example, Hillary or McCain. Neither claim middle eastern descent.
cool. but it's just apophenia.
Exactly and I agree. It's just weird how the mind sees what it wants to see, regardless of the presence of "pro/Con" information.
And Obama isn't middle eastern, he's half-Kenyan half-White (may be wrong on specific amounts).
Well, that too is debatable. Consider ancient maps and how the continents of today were actually supercontinents of ages ago. Kenya could very well be considered 'middle-eastern' depending on a person's semantics of the available information.
Seriously, it's interesting that people took this much time to draw conclusions, but with an almost endless number of possible relationships and comparisons that could be made, it's actually rather disappointing that only about 10 of them have any convincing or unusual connection. At least with the JFK/Lincoln similarities there were close to 50.

Deeper into what I mentioned before:
Apophenia, AKA the "Aneristic Illusion" (derived from the name Eris, the mythical goddess of discord) is a human tendency to find patterns in what would normally be considered meaningless or irrelevant data. Chaos Theory, or simply chaos, and the discordianism beliefs attempt to account for this symptom of human nature in order to reach a greater understanding of the universe, claiming the over-simplification of complex systems is blinding society.

Personally, I like complex systems more, but I always get a kick out of these things. This one in particular reminds me to read up on some of the mentioned items, I've forgotten a lot of interesting stuff about the Mayans. Oh, that reminds me, anyone in Kentucky going to see the full solar eclipse in 2018 (assuming we're all still alive :p)?

Oh believe me...I agree. I was just amazed at how my mind threw all that together and from apparently nothing at all.

calebh
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
i find it amusing that you use secular theory to point to obama as the possible fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

you're still off on the date ;) as precise as the mayan calendar has been about everything else, 5 months is way too far off to be coincidence

the coincidences are interesting, but i think it's extremely unnecessary and annoying to drag clearly unrelated modern politics into it. you know, maybe if we had a slightly more middle eastern candidate in the race, and the inauguration was june 21, 2009...

druid
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Don't read into this too deeply. I'm not entirely sure I believe it myself. I just happened to notice these partcular things and thought I'd start a debate about it. Each facet seems so innocuous on it's own but the mere fact that I recognized the coincidences astounds me. As a matter of fact, I'm 99.999999999999% sure that it's just all just a matterof cosmic coincidence...but think about it....what if it were true?

badlandsrox
06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
You see this is why I, ME, MYSELF whatever you want to call it should be president, none of this Obama, Billary, Mcain (seriously, everytime anyone says anything about him, I always think about those mcain fries and juices and all that stuff, anyway) What is the worst thing that could happen with an unexperienced political person as president? oh wait, nevermind, bush beat me to it... and the fact that im canadian and would never be allowed to run as president, nor would there be any reason that I would ever want to (Interns notwithstanding :p). Oh well, sounds like whatever happens something is done in for.

But seriously, about the alignment thing, it has happened before and nothing has happened, and plus it makes for an okay Tomb Raider movie, so I guess it can't be TOO bad.

leed
06-03-2008, 06:25 AM

I think Paul meant this:

Obama was raised as a Muslim and supposedly converted to Christian.
Obama has recently denounced and resigned from his church - citing that it is just easier to do this than deal with everyone's questions about it.

+ The 3 1/2's stuff

To be the coincidental part of the story.

HelpDeskHustler
06-03-2008, 07:08 AM
American Idol is the anti-christ.

druid
06-03-2008, 11:06 AM
But seriously, about the alignment thing, it has happened before and nothing has happened, and plus it makes for an okay Tomb Raider movie, so I guess it can't be TOO bad.
While I'd agree that the galactic alignment has happened before, no one can really say for sure that "nothing happened as a result of it." What I mean by that is, even though there is some written records from that era, not all societies had a written language (from 50,000 years ago). Cave drawings are near-impossible to decipher without a keystone, one can only guess at what the meanings are without one. Since there's no written records that have been found to say that something did or didn't happen 50K years ago, we can only gues.
What I'm personally thinking is that magnetism and other related forces come into play with all the planets, causing some kind of planetary shift in ALL the celestial bodies. This could correlate to climatic change, techtonic or volcanic activity or some kind of solar event...but not much more.

I think Paul meant this:

+ The 3 1/2's stuff

To be the coincidental part of the story.
yes, that's exactly what I meant.
American Idol is the anti-christ.
No, just Simon....you leave my girl Carly alone

vikingshadow
06-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Oprah is the antichrist. Just think about it. She has way too much power....

I've said this for years. She's buying her way into power by giving away free crap at all her shows and getting all the women (and some of the guys - see the "I now pronounce you man and man...." thread :rolleyes: ) to thinking she's one step below God. I predict she's going to run for political office sometime in the near future - just not sure at what level, yet.

By the way, you guys do know that she's really pushing this Aztec Calendar "church" or "movement" or whatever it is. Druid - have you been watching Oprah?

druid
06-04-2008, 04:58 PM
By the way, you guys do know that she's really pushing this Aztec Calendar "church" or "movement" or whatever it is. Druid - have you been watching Oprah?

No, I can't stand the *****....

vikingshadow
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
hehehe! I didn't think so, just thought it was interesting that I heard about her in this new "religion" just recently, then you bring up the same thing.

I can't stand her either, but my wife watches her faithfully - she even records her on DVR - drives me nuts.

TheDarkShadow
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Druid - have you been watching Oprah?

lol that put a funny image in my mind...

DFSniper
06-05-2008, 02:49 AM
lol, now that you mention it... that would seem a little funny...

druid
06-05-2008, 06:13 PM
hehehe! I didn't think so, just thought it was interesting that I heard about her in this new "religion" just recently, then you bring up the same thing.

The funny thing is...it's not a 'new' religion at all. It's the stuff of astrology and astronomy with a hint of an alchemist intertwined (meaning, the Philosophical part)...which has been practiced for more than 5,000 years but only really described as starting in "The Middle Ages."

Since man began to look into the sky, there has been wonder. Only a few had/have the ability to notice the finest details of the Cosmos without using any technology. Some had rudimentary tools like basic scopes and such.
Much of the base knowledge of what we know of it today, was information gathered by those that had only mediocre instrumentation at best. Everything else was seen through the naked eye.

The Celts built Stonehenge, the Aztecs, Incas, Mayans, Egyptians and Cambodians built pyramids and other temples. Stonehenge, the largest land-based calendar of it's kind was built around solar and lunar cycles. The Aztec and Mayan calenders were the most accurate (and elaborate) of their kind. The Chinese built the first working "clock"....and all of this occurred while they were using stone and flint tools - thousands of years ago.

So let that nitwit Oprah say what she wants about her new-found religion. She's only got a clue because she has a fleet of staff members doing the research for her. She needs to spend less time trying to fix everyone else's problems and start working out her own.