PDA

View Full Version : Oil in the Regulator

tbhockey05
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
hey,
I read somewhere that adding a few drops of oil in the reg, then dry firing a few times is a good practice...is it really? and what needs to be done exactly?

bigred76
06-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Take off the barrel and hopper, drop a few drops of oil into the hole in the ASA (before you screw the tank on), and while keeping it pointing down, screw in the tank and shoot about 20 shots. It'll oil the valve, cupseal, and hammer. It's not as good as ripping apart the gun and oiling it, but it's good enough for when you're in a bind with a leaking cupseal.

tbhockey05
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
thanks... now is that only good for a band-aid situation or should i do that regularly?

bigred76
06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
If you take good enough care of your markers and only need a quick cupseal fix, IMO. If you regularly clean and lube your markers after every day of play, then it shouldn't need it.

deano 177
06-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree with big red. It is good practice to completely strip the marker after each day of play. I have never taken the valve out but I drenched my valve and reg with oil when I first got it to help with break-in. Just be careful with the bolt as it is derlin. Derlin can absorb oil and may swell. I think that after initial breakin you should only use a few drops of oil in the reg (like maybe once a month) and use some sort of other lube in the rest of the marker(I have smart parts SL33K). This wont mess up your bolt and is not a messy as oil.