PDA

View Full Version : Mint 2k5'd Species Timmy for $200?

Ace24
06-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Well... there is a local guy that I ref with that just informed me that he's selling his Species Timmy. It's an all black MINT Timmy that I got to fiddle with today. It comes with the original matching 2k2 frame, as well as having a brand new 2k5 Alias frame. The only thing it needs is a 2k5 board for the Alias frame. The 2k2 has the board in it still too.

It doesn't have a reg, or an ASA, but other then that, everything it comes with is in mint condition.

He's only asking $200 for it and I'm ready to jump on that. I can slap my Alias front block on it with the Hybrid Verd kit from my FASOR. Take the ASA off my FASOR, same with the reg and then buy a board and I'd be set.

Do you guys think thats a good deal?

irishwarrior
06-01-2008, 04:14 PM
DO IT!!! Post pics if you can.

basictraining
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
You should hop on that.

BTW - you work at NVP? I need to ask ya a question

Ace24
06-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Yep, I've been working there as a ref for the past two years. I'm the head ref that you see pulling people into the field Fri's and Sun's.

Ask away.

TheDarkShadow
06-01-2008, 04:28 PM
go for it, sounds like a great deal

xsvly-fat
06-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I'd do it if I were you.

Ace24
06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
I'd hate to rip apart my FASOR to build it lmao.. but I think it's worth it... seeing as my FASOR's grips are dead and are taped to the gun... I'm also bored with it now.

We'll see. He had a guy that was going to buy it and his Freak Impulse (also mint) for $400 total. So he's going to get back to me if the guy does or not.

Drefish99
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
You can't just slap your Alias front block on that body. It isn't threaded and will need to be threaded to use the grub screw that holds the front block on. Make sure the body has the bolt removal tool. Those are a pain to get a hold of but the bolt is 10/32 threaded so it wouldn't be difficult to find something to remove it. $200 isn't bad if he is going to give you some of the original stuff too. You can always sell that stuff and get some good ups.

Ace24
06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I know... the block is on my FASOR and I tapped it... :dodgy:

He has the grub screw. I said it's MINT. Hahaha.

So that a yes then?

battlechaser
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Go for it, I just paid $240 for a mint stock Species. Which colour combo is it?

Hell.. if you don't want it, I'll buy it.. ;)

DFSniper
06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
do it!

Ace24
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
It's all black. No fade.

My plan is to get the skel. annoed clear.

bigred76
06-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Dude... snag it. Buy a Tadao or stock Frenzy for it and add the rest you mentioned and it'd be just fine!

pbgrandpa
06-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Ted I'd snag that bad boy right now. Go for it

Ace24
06-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Is it bad that I don't even own it, but am planning upgrades for it? Lmao.

I think at this point, the ram sleve is going to be clear, the skel. is going to be clear (on the bones), and I'm probably going to look for a Detonator reg. I have a feeling the CP is going to look funny on it.

bamf-hacker
06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.eluid.org/news/ttiwwop.gif

bigred76
06-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Stop talking and start buying!

battlechaser
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
:yeahthat:

I've been looking at 2k5'ing mine (when it gets here lol) and the gripframe alone, without internals is going for about $70. So it's beyond worth it, even if you buy it to part it out... If so, just save yourself some hassle and sell it to me.. ;)

Black with the clear skel should prove to be hot. I bought PBG's so it's the Tri-fade (Black/Blue/Clear) in B/S/T, I was thinking about getting the new barrel anno'd reverse to match, same with the 2k5 parts if I go that route.. either that or anno most of it clear with blue parts.

VS3 Sniper
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I would jump all over that deal ted....and if u don't want it for some reason hit me up and i will buy it

STRIKEFIRST
06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd be typing with one hand and calling the fuy with th other!

PICS!!!

Ace24
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.eluid.org/news/ttiwwop.gif

I'll have him bring it by the field when he works this weekend and I'll take pics. It's a beaut.

I'm going to have fun coming up with the money though. Hopefully he'll let me pay him back lmao. I'll also still be able to have my FASOR working too. I can put the 2k2 front block and LPR on it and put the 2k2 Clamshell on it. :)

Ace24
06-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, the other guy backed down and the species is MINE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA~

Only problem is that I don't have $200 right now lmao. He's holding it for me since we've been getting closer at the work place and are now friends. He told me that he'd rather I had it than the other guy because I could acutally put it together with the new parts and not screw something up. That I wouldn't destroy his baby haha.

etrain
06-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Go for it, I just paid $240 for a mint stock Species. Which colour combo is it?

Hell.. if you don't want it, I'll buy it.. ;)

Did u buy the species brand new for that price cuz if u did my friend got ripped off he paid like 720 for a new one

Ace24
06-07-2008, 02:20 PM
...no.

I'm getting it locally, used... but barely used.

DFSniper
06-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Did u buy the species brand new for that price cuz if u did my friend got ripped off he paid like 720 for a new one

no, battlechaser got his from PBGrandpa. its was for sale for a few weeks before somebody bought it.

im seriously considering a timmy, because ALL of my guns disappointed me on the field today. i missed out on the entire first game, where we were supposed to be defending.

Ace24
06-08-2008, 04:33 PM
no, battlechaser got his from PBGrandpa. its was for sale for a few weeks before somebody bought it.

im seriously considering a timmy, because ALL of my guns disappointed me on the field today. i missed out on the entire first game, where we were supposed to be defending.

What guns are you using right now?

Good news, the guy is going to let me do payments! This means I can actually afford it hahaha.

DFSniper
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
the almost-LP e-spyder with the frame forward mod (the modded striker lip is worn down and the frame is loose), a mech spyder with a broken trigger frame, and a hammer. the hammer almost shoots fine but the field only supplies small-bore paint and all my barrels are medium to large, so i get lots of roll-outs. the feedneck broke off and when i JBWelded it back on, i was a little off, so the balls have a habit of not wanting to feed without me shaking it a bit.

Ace24
06-08-2008, 05:11 PM
*throws my FASOR at you*

That sucks. I hate when my Cocker doesn't feed hahah. Stupid pocket hoppers.

I had two opportunities yesterday to shoot someone and both times the gun dry fired.

The rest of my kills were snap shots or due to me moving constantly around the field and sneaking up beside people.

DFSniper
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
*catches FASOR* thanks :D

actually im trying to work out something with tim. he's offering me your/his Zip Kit, but i have to wait for him to get on and write back. then i still need an HPA tank...