PDA

View Full Version : Picked up and played with an 08 Electra today

Drefish99
05-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Yesterday I heard that my friends at DiscountPaintball.com just got a shipment of 08 Electras in and I knew that one of them had my name on it. I knew that I was going to go play today and what better time to go pick up my new toy and test it out. I rushed out to Discount and picked it up and couldn't wait to hit the field. Popped open the box and slapped a standard 9v battery in the marker and aired that puppy up. Hzzzahhh no leaks. Sweeet! Slapped on my ReloaderB and went to town in the chrono booth. First I noticed that it was shooting a little low. Since my field limit is 280 the marker out of the box was shooting roughly 240-250. I tried to use the rear velocity adjustment and it only brought the velocity up slightly. I knew I needed to adjust the reg. I turned up the pressure slightly and got her shooting to 270-278. On the chrono it was slightly bouncing but I knew that was because it was new and needs to be broken in still. Kick was minimal. Slight barrel rise but that can only get better after the marker is broken in some more.

First game. Marker shot like a champ. I was truly impressed with the stock barrel and the accuracy of this marker out of the box. I shot a guy in the jugular and gogged two guys in the snake and this is just the first game... I knew I was in store for a good day. Second game I played with my ABomb. I wanted to alternate between the two markers. I was using far from stellar paint. A great mix of a lot of last years paint. It still shot really good. Only time I broke paint was when I decided to let the Reloader run out of paint and the Electra broke the last one. Even with that broken ball, the Electra was pretty simple to field strip and clean. Third game played flawlessly. Shot signature was as loud as an Ego. Not as quiet as my Timmy but I didn't mind.

I was going to shoot some footage of some folks at Foxpaintball trying out the Electra for the first time and getting their opinions but she still needs some adjustment in my opinion. The trigger needs some TLC. It's a bit stiff out of the box but that is understandable. Also with all my crappy paint it wouldn't be that impressive letting them shoot it with a potpourri of miscellaneous paint and having it break in the gun. Once I can get my hands on stellar Kingman paint I will shoot some vids. Here are some pics of my new toy compared to the RSX and by its beautiful self.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/DSC02387.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/DSC02390.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/DSC02388.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/DSC02400.jpg

tater_salad
05-31-2008, 09:18 PM
I kind of want one of these.

STRIKEFIRST
05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Can't get better than the Dre seal of approval!

DisIsMyUsername
05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
omg i wanna shoot one!

grr

SUNNYboi
06-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Damn its small!

TheDarkShadow
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah it's tiny, you make me want one

Ace24
06-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Honestly, after that comparison pic, that review, and such.... I wouldn't mind winning that T-shirt contest now. :)

Heh.

irishwarrior
06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe it's a marketing ploy to make you buy the new Electra :dodgy:

florios
06-01-2008, 04:03 PM
this is really making me feel like upgrading my pilot is a waste of time and money

applesauce
06-02-2008, 02:48 AM
it looks really tall....

TheDarkShadow
06-02-2008, 05:31 AM
looks like the feedneck makes it a little taller then the RSX

bamf-hacker
06-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Maybe it's a marketing ploy to make you buy the new Electra :dodgy:

Nice but we are not sponsored or paid by Kingman, so that was Dre's honest opinion.

Sweet marker Dre, I think number 12 for me will be another Spyder.

Muddytaco
06-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Nice but we are not sponsored or paid by Kingman, so that was Dre's honest opinion.

You guys didn't get your mod check yet?

Looks tiny compared to the VS, I think I need to try one out:p

STRIKEFIRST
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM

And hence Dave's return to paintball begins....:D

DFSniper
06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
hahaha! i dont blame him! so what if it just sits around collecting dust? this thing is a landmark in kingman engineering and design!

Kingman-Rep
06-03-2008, 08:23 AM

Check? ha! we smack them on the head and tell them to go back to work!! :fishhead:

Oscum Guy
06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
it looks really tall but i guess thats because its so short.

it looks sikk tho!!!

SupaSnipa
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
it looks really tall but i guess thats because its so short.

Thats what I was thinking