View Full Version : regulators.. for an uncommon spyder.. any help?

05-31-2008, 06:05 AM
hey guys im a newbie here but i know a bit about paintball, just not enough that id like to. i got some questions... i have a gun i just cant seem to get rid of and i want to upgrade this old school beauty. i have a Spyder Compact 2000 and ive recently bought a rocking trigger. it was originally for my MR1 but hey, i need a new drop forward so till then its replacing my 45 frame for the 2k. well i want to invest in getting a regulator for my 2k and i see everywhere, 'will fit most ASA's', one i dunno wtf ASA is yet, i know i already have a guage on the 2k so that will probably bo obsolete if i get a regulator?? itll just show me what a typical tank will anyway, but main reason for the reg. is a handle!!!! i cant hold onto the steel braided hose on the 2k and get good shots!! LOL. so yeah any feedback good or bad please help a fellow Spyder Guy out, thanks guys

06-01-2008, 03:24 AM
you need an adapter. ACI and a few other companies sell them.

06-02-2008, 04:28 AM
The regulator is a good investment for a lot of other reasons as well. If you are using co2 your best bet is a Bob Long Torpedo or a Palmers Stabilzer. I believe that the palmers direct mount will fit with no adaptor. You could also get a female stabilzer that mounts under the grip and replaces your asa. You could use this with you MR1 if you decided to as well.