PDA

View Full Version : Chopping Paint (Hopper?)

meric
05-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Before I start, let me first say that I own a E-MR1 (I got it instead of the MR2 because I liked its looks more. Just my preference.)

I posted this in the MR1 section but didn't get a great response; I'm assuming most of the people responding aren't experience with electronic/fully automatic etc.

Here's my setup:

Halo B Revolution Hopper
16 inch JJ Barrel
CCM/Sundragon Feedneck
Timmy Detent (beefier)

Here's my problem:

The gun chops between 2-4 balls every 100 rounds on fully automatic. The gun works flawlessly semi-auto, and I haven't thoroughly tested burst.

I thought at first it was the stock ball detent so I swapped it with a beefier Timmy detent. No change. I've put all sorts of paint through it, all quality, and still the same chop. I'm now reading that Halo Hoppers are prone to forcing the ball down the neck so hard that it bounces over the ball detent, thus allowing another ball to halfway chamber causing a ball break. Does this happen with MR2's? Has anyone used a Halo with them? What brand of Hoppers do you use?

Thanks in advance.

interceptorMR2
05-31-2008, 06:26 AM
okay to start out, did you just get your E-MR1 recently? have you broken in your bolt? if you haven't, try that out first before you replace/think of replacing your halo. I don't have a halo, but might as well get all the simple stuff out the way first eh?

sneekypete
05-31-2008, 06:42 AM
I think that if you have already chanded your detents to timmys your balls should not go past the detents. I was using a Fasta hopper but just got a Q-loader. Have only tested the Q-loader and it seems to work great. Get to play with it on Sunday. Sorry I cant be of more help

sneekypete
05-31-2008, 06:46 AM
okay to start out, did you just get your E-MR1 recently? have you broken in your bolt? if you haven't, try that out first before you replace/think of replacing your halo. I don't have a halo, but might as well get all the simple stuff out the way first eh?
I am not sure but I do not think that the E-MR-1 comes with a ACS Bolt IF that is what you mean by breaking in). The reason being is that I have been looking for an ACS Bolt for my MR-1 and so far no luck

interceptorMR2
05-31-2008, 08:03 AM
oh it doesnt come with an ACS bolt? you learn somethin new everyday i guess, ignore my post then :D

slim and shady
05-31-2008, 11:51 AM
is there anywayy to adjust the fire rate on the board? i used a halo on my Mr2 for some time with no issues of riding over the detent. your problem could inpart be caused by blowback, try an ACP 2 oring bolt if you can get your hands on one and see if that makes a difference. when your in semi does it matter how fast you are shooting?

meric
06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
To answer some questions it doesn't matter really how fast I shoot the gun, it doesn't chop paint, well not that I've noticed.

Blow back could be the problem actually. Shady, you mentioned a "ACP 2 oring bolt". Are you talking about a new bolt? If so, where can I find it because I am stumped.

I don't know if the board can be adjusted, I'll look into it.

meric
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Bump plz help.

d12pncakethief
06-08-2008, 03:27 PM
i owned one and used a halo it works fine i had no breaks

meric
06-10-2008, 08:09 AM
yeah well you probably didn't read my OP either.

Lonus
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
The E-MR1 is a little troubled when it comes to high rates of fire. No eyes, no acs bolt available for it. The solution is to feed balls faster then the marker fires. I think you are on the right track with the halo. I believe that the emr1 fires around 15 bps in full auto. A stock halo should be able to keep up. Also it is force fed so that should take care of any blowback problems. Are your batteries fresh in your hopper? Are you trying to shoot dark shelled paint? Is there another hopper you could test the marker with. Lastly try some cheep paint. Nelson, Zap, Visible Impact come to mind. I know everyone will tell you get some high end tourney grade paint, but that stuff is thin shelled and fragile. Tourney grade markers are much easier on paint then an 850 psi spyder. Some fresh hard shelled paint might solve your problem.