PDA

View Full Version : MMA Craze


shark
05-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I dont know how many of you pay attention to MMA but CBS is going to air fights this weekend. One thing that is kinda making me mad, why are these guys on CBS getting all the hype when if they went into the UFC they would get killed. I'm a pretty big fan, I follow the sport pretty well and you can just watch these other fighters and see that they are not as good as the ones in the UFC. What should really be happening is that the UFC should be on prime-time, not this Kimbo Slice bullcrap.

/rant

Post up what you think about the sport, or if you even think its a sport (if you dont your crazy)

big_daddy_d
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Reason UFC will never be on network television is because they are unwilling to give up how they produce their shows. Granted everyone wants to get into the UFC as it seems to be the elite of the elite, I don't see how you can say the fighters signed to elite XC are second rate, You have Robbie Lawler who used to fight in the UFC, Nick Diaz also fought in UFC and Pride amongst many others. EliteXC has made it more consumer friendly. As far as Kimbo Slice goes I would rather see him fight a top ten heavy weight before I am sold on the hype. Dude is a beast though... I'm not really looking forward to this card on Saturday I'm waiting for Sunday's WEC card on Versus with Uriah Faber fighting Jens Pulver.

HelpDeskHustler
05-30-2008, 05:19 PM
I love MMA like 80% of the time, but the other 20% is just some dude sitting on another dude beating the **** out of him. It's not interesting when that happens and I turn it off.

DFSniper
05-30-2008, 06:47 PM
eh, i know a bunch of guys that do MMA, and on occasion its fun to watch, but im not really a big fan.

VS3 Sniper
05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Lol I was just looking on a local company's webpage about takeing a MMA class. I love the sport and I try to watch as many fights as I can. I can't wait to see Uriah Faber fighting Jens Pulver and as far as Kimbo Slice goes.....I think he could be the next Mike Tyson(but in MMA).

tater_salad
05-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I would like to see Kimbo and Rampage or Wanderlei Silva I know they aren't in the same weight class but still would interesting imo.

big_daddy_d
05-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Wanderlei vs rampage would happen way before either fought kimbo... I think he's too one dimensional right now and they would take it to the ground and beat him...

tater_salad
05-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Wanderlei and Rampage fought before Pride and UFC combined.

big_daddy_d
05-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Wanderlei and Rampage fought before Pride and UFC combined.

They fought twice and both times rampage lost... With Silva back to winning in the UFC and his devastation of Jardine many people are saying he's a contender for a title shot at rampage depending on the outcome of the Griffin/Rampage fight coming up...

Hossy
05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
idgaf about the sport. I saw Kimbo Slice and dude, he is one helluva machine

tater_salad
05-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Anybody watch Robbie Lawler and Scott Smith fight tonight on CBS tonight? That was going to be a great fight until Smith got poked in the eye and the doctor ended it.

VS3 Sniper
05-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Yea I just got done watching the fights. I was HIGHLY impressed. Great job by all the fighters.

big_daddy_d
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I was dissappointed by the stoppages... Seemed like they were skitish to let anything go on. The womens bout was stopped because of a cut below the eye?!?!?!?!?!? Don't see how that would have affected her field of vision.