PDA

View Full Version : Chopping Paint

meric
05-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Before I start, let me first say that my E-MR1 never chops during semi-auto.

My problem is that it chops when I use full-auto. For every 200 rounds, it easily chops between 2-3 balls. Has anyone ran into this? I've tried tweaking the velocity and installing a custom detent with no change.

Any ideas?

jncivics
05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
what hopper? and what paint?

Andude
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
:yeahthat: and are you sure it's chops or is it possible that it's actually barrel breaks?
Just want the make sure

bamf-hacker
05-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Could be a few things, the force setting on the hopper is too high and pushing the balls past the detents so a second ball is dropping part way into the breach and getting chopped. (this the most likely cause) or your detents are worn down and that is allowing the same scenario as I mentioned. Now if it is not a true chop, no paint in the feedneck, then it could just be barrel breaks and that can be due to paint to barrel match or swollen paint.

Give us the extra info and we can help solve your issue better.

meric
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Check out my sig guys, I listed my setup there. I have a Halo B Hopper and a new beefier timmy detent.

The balls are breaking in the chamber: paint on the bolt, feedneck, etc.

I've ran two different types of paint through this with the same results. One time it was was PMI and the other time I don't remember the brand. I do know that the paintball was quality, stored in a temp controlled environment, and was not swollen etc. Very fresh stuff.

I'm assuming that I may need to try and adjust the hopper. I don't know how or if there is a way to do it because the hopper itself only has one button.

meric
06-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Bump plz help

deano 177
06-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, I had the e-trigger on my mr1 and if I shot semi too fast I would chop, not to mention full auto. With the MR1/E-MR1s not having eyes, you just won't be able to get the balls to feed safely into the firing position every time. I used the halo frontman on my MR1 and she did ok with semi but when I tried to do full auto it was chop city. I'm not sure you are going to be able to eliminate the chopping without the assistance of eyes.

meric
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Well, I had the e-trigger on my mr1 and if I shot semi too fast I would chop, not to mention full auto. With the MR1/E-MR1s not having eyes, you just won't be able to get the balls to feed safely into the firing position every time. I used the halo frontman on my MR1 and she did ok with semi but when I tried to do full auto it was chop city. I'm not sure you are going to be able to eliminate the chopping without the assistance of eyes.

Deano, thank you so much for your response.

As far as 'eyes' go, are there any that i could install myself into the E-MR1 to alleviate this problem? If so, what brand or where would I find it. Could I perhaps use MR3 eyes?

Thanks

deano 177
06-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Deano, thank you so much for your response.

As far as 'eyes' go, are there any that i could install myself into the E-MR1 to alleviate this problem? If so, what brand or where would I find it. Could I perhaps use MR3 eyes?

Thanks
I think that you "can". I quoted can because you would actually have to drill the holes and put the eyes in there yourself. There is no "drop-in" eye kit. I think someone attempted to do it but I saw that a while ago.

The bottom line is that the MR1/E-MR1 is good for what it is. And, IMHO, it is a starter/milsim marker that is not going to shoot 15-20 bps. It is going to be a tough marker that can be roughly used and have minimal care. It's a good marker but it will never be something its not. That something is a lightning fast marker.

irishwarrior
06-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I think that you "can". I quoted can because you would actually have to drill the holes and put the eyes in there yourself. There is no "drop-in" eye kit. I think someone attempted to do it but I saw that a while ago.

The bottom line is that the MR1/E-MR1 is good for what it is. And, IMHO, it is a starter/milsim marker that is not going to shoot 15-20 bps. It is going to be a tough marker that can be roughly used and have minimal care. It's a good marker but it will never be something its not. That something is a lightning fast marker.

QFT! I haven't lubed my MR1 in about a year and it works fine

Disclaimer:ALWAYS LUBE YOUR MARKER BEFORE/AFTER PLAYING!

deano 177
06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Disclaimer:ALWAYS LUBE YOUR MARKER BEFORE/AFTER PLAYING!
:p Hahaha!! Thats great!

malJohann
06-06-2008, 03:27 AM
:p Hahaha!! Thats great!

Get a Vlo Jr. Problem solved.