PDA

View Full Version : which barrel is the best?

frito03
05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
i have two 07 sonix pro's and i need some help picking out the new barrels for them. i have heard a lot on here about the j & j ceramic 14" barrels.. is that the best bang for my buck? will it help on accuracy?

also, whats with the paint chopping? im a little new at this whole thing...

xsvly-fat
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forums!

The J&J is probably the best bang for the buck, it will help alot with accuracy as long as you have a good paint to barrel that is also why you sometimes chop (the paint is to small for the barrel).

^death_metal
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Whatever you do, stay away from PMI Razzor barrels they are total crap (just returned one today) theyre quiet but accuracy sucks. Any good aftermarket barrel will serve you well if you use good paint with good match. Id check out JJs, CP, smartparts, and proto, they all have 14 inchers for around 30 bucks. I just picked up a 14" spyder VS 2 peice and im in love with it.

Lybster
06-22-2008, 12:39 AM
I've got both the 14" VS and a 16" J&J Cermic (anong with a number of other aftermarket barrels). They are both really good barrels, but my preferance is the J&J Ceramic for range and accuracy.

spyderfan4271
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Instead of messing with 2or3 barrels at $30 bucks each get a barrel kit. You can get the tightest paint to barrel match. If you get a freak kit you can buy different threaded backs so your kit could work on other markers.

Lybster
07-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I agree, J&J Ceramics are the best (that I have played with and I have quite a few). I have a 16", but make sure you have a good barrel-paintball match. Another consideration should be your bolt. Look around for a better bolt, the difference in performance is found in the "little things".