PDA

View Full Version : lil bit of a problem!

hudabom246
05-28-2008, 01:34 PM
hey guys! i havent posted in a while and ive missed the help! so anyway... i got a lil problem. my velocity screw is all the way in and is stripped. its causing my gun to completley screw up. or maybe its not that. and i guess i will just explain wat i think the problem could possibly be besides the velocity screw. it seem like it has to much pressure on the sear or w/e the thing that holds the striker back is called. its not letting the thing push the sear down. so im pretty sure its the velocity screw. i used a frikin pipe wrench to try and unscrew it and that didnt work only screwed up my hands! so... give me some help if u plz! thanks!

Ace24
05-28-2008, 03:33 PM
First of all, what kind of velocity adjustment do you have on your Spyder? Is it the quick adjust thumb kind or the Allen key one?

Do you have an electronic Spyder or a mechanical one? If electronic, try changing the battery. The solenoid might not have enough juice to trip the sear.

hudabom246
05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
ive got the allen key type. and ive got an mr2 and ive replaced the batteries alot and even went and bought a new rechargable and that didnt work. im probably gunna take it to my local shop and see wat they can do if i cant do it myself! thanx

slim and shady
05-30-2008, 06:30 PM
I would sugest buying a new velocity screw and housing from Kingman, what were you doing with your velocity turned in all the way anyhow?

hudabom246
06-01-2008, 07:27 AM
thanx! wat is the best way to buy it from kingman? and my gun was shootin like 170 after a fill and yes i let it warm up and i took like 50 shots and it was still shooting like only 210. so the guy at the field told me to turn it up and i did but i didnt turn it all the way up. idk how that happened. but thanx again!

slim and shady
06-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Just contact kingman either on the phone or through email, they will get it solved for you, if your velocity is that low i would also sugest picking up a spring kit.

Lonus
06-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Have you tried pulling the velocity adjuster out of the marker body. You should be able to reach the front of the velocity screw with some pliers to loosen it. You should be able to just replace the screw that way.

hudabom246
06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
ya i have. and there is somtin like holding it together. its like glue or somtin that melted. i tried a pipe wrench and me and my dad both did it at the same time and it still did not come loose. then i put some lubricant and wd-40 on it and it still didnt work. then my dad gave me some acid like stuff and that didnt even work. im gunna take it to my pro shop today and see wat they can do. they are rly nice so they should be able to do it.

so thanx guys!

bigred76
06-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Sounds like loctite. If the shop can't do it for whatever reason, take the back cap off the marker, remove all parts that you can, and heat it with a torch or a gas stove. Just get it hot enough that you can smell something melting, and a little bit of smoke (maybe) might come off. Then try (carefully, it's hot, use good leather gloves!) to unscrew it using an Easy-Out. Get another thumb screw in M10 threading (I think that's the right threads offhand, might be M8, but it's equivalent to #10 threads) the same length as the screw you're pulling out.

Lonus
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
^^what he said