PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better deal?

criz3r
05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
This is going to be my first marker, so I'm going to need some help.

I can get a VS2 for $135. I eventually want to upgrade to a Tadao board, maybe in the future. I can get the Tadao board for $65 and the M7 upgrade chip for $20. So all in all, It would cost me $220 for the VS2.

I can get an RSX for $270 with the Tadao board stock, but I still need to buy the $20 upgrade chip. So it would cost me $290.

The main difference between the VS2 and RSX is that the RSX has a Tadao board stock and can shoot 30 bps. The RSX has a 14" barrel while the VS2 has a 12" one. The RSX has a saber trigger and the VS2 has an infinity trigger.

Would it be a better buy just to get the RSX or upgrade the VS2? I mean, I don't need 30 bps as 25 is great. I personally like the infinity trigger better as well. I would be saving $70, but money isn't really a problem.

I need some opinions and comments.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I might want to buy a body kit and barrel tip. If anyone personally haves one, can you tell me if it is worth it? Does anyone have pictures of it on a VS2? I can only find pics with it on a RSX or VS3...

vs2lover
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM
i would go with the vs2, cuz ur a beginner.

picture-http://www.paintball-guns.tv/images/spyder/vs/vs2_blue_angle.jpg

Griff
05-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I would go with the RSX, I did not care for the stock reg on the VS2 and I have heard that is one of the good things about the RSX

deano 177
05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
:yeahthat: I think the reg on the RS lineup is better. Plus everything will come installed in the marker. You can do the M7 upgrade later if you feel the need.

Hells_gardians
05-29-2008, 03:08 PM
It's up to you what you want to get. The VS2 and the RS is basiclly the samething there really isn't different just the reg and the board is the difference.

STRIKEFIRST
05-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Lightly used VS $100 cp reg adapter $15 cp reg $40 cp rail mount asa $20

$175...personally I have done this more than once...you can tadao that thing later cheaply and your under the rsx price and IMO better performance.

mr1gunner
06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Go with the RSX! The VS2 and VS3 have that reg/asa combo which imo was not a good idea to do. The RSX fixes this problem by separating them, and you get a tadao board.

Combat Wombat
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
The main difference between the VS2 and RSX is that the RSX has a Tadao board stock and can shoot 30 bps.
First off the 30 balls per sec is BS IMO. I have a naughty Dogs Timi thats on a 15 bps lock and my stock VS2 that claims it shoots 25 doesn't even get close. Thats all IMO tho. Just saying.
The RSX has a 14" barrel while the VS2 has a 12" one.
as far as the barrels. IMO I wouldn't make that to much of a factor. With either gun you will prolly want to throw a aftermarket barrel on. A 14" J&J would run for round 30 and they work really well.
Would it be a better buy just to get the RSX or upgrade the VS2? I mean, I don't need 30 bps as 25 is great.
All in all, IMO it kinda comes down to the Reg set up. If you would be willing to upgrade the VS2's reg, go with the VS2. If you don't want to, on the other hand, go with the RSX.
The last throw in would prolly be the body color as well. Some ppl don't like the silver body on the VS2. Trinity bodies are round 110 bucks. :(
Good luck! .......

VS3_RoCKeR
06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
go with the vs2, you'll like it better in the long run. you might want an aftermarket trigger too, like a cp rake or a trinity vs trigger. imo your best bet would be a vs2 with an upgraded gas system and the tadao board w/ m7. if you dont like the silver, send ur gun to an anodizer (Mkreigs of PBn is good and low priced) and get whatever color / design body you want